Python Segfault Errors

If you are seeing segfault errors in your unRAID syslog relating to python, this is not an issue in unRAID OS, but rather, in a container.  unRAID OS does not use python anymore (since RC1 and the removal of Xen).  However when a segfault is caused by software, the Linux kernel reports it, regardless if it's in a container or not.  The same is NOT true of virtual machines, the provide their own virtual kernel in between the software and the host, but containers share access to the Linux kernel with the host, so software segfaults inside a container will be reported to the unRAID syslog.

I can't be 100% certain that some segfaults are/aren't due to my kodi headless container.

segfaults would be certainly be a possibility as it is a patched application forced to do something it was never designed for.

hence using runit to keep it alive.

that said, I have instances of other applications causing segfaults, that are not python related and not related to my container either.

I can't be 100% certain that some segfaults are/aren't due to my kodi headless container.

segfaults would be certainly be a possibility as it is a patched application forced to do something it was never designed for.

that said, I have instances of other applications causing segfaults, that are not python related and not related to my container either.

The only segfaults I EVER see are 100% related to folding@home which is 100% a docker container.

The only segfaults I EVER see are 100% related to folding@home which is 100% a docker container.

you don't have the touched by sparklyballs version of FAH though, lol.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I am seeing a bunch of these messages, is there an easy way to work out which docker they may relate to?

Most of them seem to relate to ld-musl-x86_64.so.1 if that helps?

Example:  python[48043]: segfault at 7261726e8d ip 00002affbd98b61c sp 00002affccbe45a8 error 6 in ld-musl-x86_64.so.1[2affbd968000+88000]

Thanks,

Wob

I'm seeing them only in headphones as well, but it started just before I updated to UnRAID 6.2 (I'm not sure when the docker was updated to Alpine, I thought it was a manual updated, but it could have been something done automatically, I had a few issues pop up at the same time.  Updated to 6.2 & all the dockers fixed all but this).

I ONLY see them when I'm 'doing' something with headphones - library scan, refresh artist, etc.

I deleted the docker & the config file & started fresh and it has the same behavior, so I assume it's something with headphones or something with the docker.

I'm seeing them only in headphones as well, but it started just before I updated to UnRAID 6.2 (I'm not sure when the docker was updated to Alpine, I thought it was a manual updated, but it could have been something done automatically, I had a few issues pop up at the same time.  Updated to 6.2 & all the dockers fixed all but this).

I ONLY see them when I'm 'doing' something with headphones - library scan, refresh artist, etc.

I deleted the docker & the config file & started fresh and it has the same behavior, so I assume it's something with headphones or something with the docker.

As I replied in the headphones thread, just tested this and not seeing the same behaviour on V6.3 RC3 for what it's worth.