[Plug-In] Community Applications

OK.

Update just released which allows descriptions to be on the cards (defaults to be no).  Enable it in CA Settings

Minor performance increase in certain cases

Rearranged debugging

If you've got issues with CA not loading / the spinner never disappearing then

• Go to Settings.  The CA settings page is now in there also (User Utilities Section)
  • Enable debugging and apply
  • Go to the apps tab.  Wait at least 120 seconds
  • Go back to Settings, CA Settings and hit Download Log.  Upload the file here.

(Also re-added 6.8.0+ compatibility - NOT TESTED)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Really glad that descriptions on cards are back, but boy do I not like the heavily reduced amount of items and being forced to look at overblown large cards.

I take it the layout makes sense on touch devices, especially single-row views, but on desktop? Quite jarring to be frank.

Too much scrolling, clicking "more", etc...

Honestly? Old view is king in my books. :/ The new side-loading panel for the details view is killer though, really appreciate that!

Overall good work for sure, I love the amount of work that goes into this for sure, but desktop usage is (partially) nerfed.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Squid said:

OK.

Update just released which allows descriptions to be on the cards (defaults to be no).  Enable it in CA Settings

Rearranged debugging

• Go to Settings.  The CA settings page is now in there also (User Utilities Section)

Hey Unraid Masters,

I need a little help. 

Problem: My Apps tab is taking forever to load when my array is running.

When I stop the array and load the Apps tab, it loads quickly.

Situation: I was facing this issue on my first Unraid setup where I had few dockers running and couldn't figure out the problem after going through forums so I started afresh on 19th October 2021 (just around the time the update was released), on my system again. I installed a fresh copy of Unraid and formatted all my disks (Cache and Data Disk).

I installed just 2 dockers (Nginx and Overseerr), and I am back to my problem, my apps tab is not showing the apps, it's just loading and loading when the array is running.

Troubleshoot: I tried to go to settings and do as said by @Squid but my User Utilities section is empty. So am back to square one.

My System:

Cache Disk: WD 240GB SSD, Sata Green

HDD: Segate Baracuda 1 TB, 7200 RPM

CPU: Intel i5- 2500K198102970_Screenshot2021-10-20at5_43_08PM.thumb.png.4820b9a5159879d8a36f886dc11c949b.png755787587_Screenshot2021-10-20at5_46_17PM.thumb.png.cf4cfcc2ec13c14bc55042b95d3a279d.png

RAM: DDR3 12 GB (Non ECC)

MotherBoard: H77-MD3H

I look forward to a solution and wish to use Unraid to the full capacity.

Thank & Cheers!

By popular demand, a GUI for docker searches will be re-integrated into CA at some point this weekend.  Admittedly, I really don't understand why you guys find it useful instead of the direct link (with the search already filled out) to dockerHub, but I can deal with it.

• Thanks 4
On 10/18/2021 at 10:31 AM, Squid said:

Sort by updates is / was pretty much meaningless except for plugins.

The "Update Available" within the docker tab bore no relationship to whether or not the template used for CA had the date of the last update updated accordingly.  Especially with the major contributors having their containers set up to automatically build as new versions of the app itself came available or for security reasons, or every Friday rain or shine, the templates were never upgraded to reflect that.  

The only "true" measure of whether the container is still maintained / updated on a regular basis is to go to the Registry (support drop down on the info panel) and look at the dates on the Tags on the dockerHub.

I never realized that. Is there not a way to somehow order based on the most recent date for any tag associated? Not sure if it is even useful now since I apparently was using it wrong to begin with :)

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Then you go back to Settings - CA Settings, and download the log and post it here

Hey @Squid,

I don't know why I can't see the other reply that you made on my post but can read it on mai, anyways, thanks for you help. 

My CA is loading now. I even tried doing it by enabling and disabling debu

gger and it is loading in both the cases.

As per your request, I am hereby also attaching the CA Log for your reference.

But with that said, I am also facing another problem, since the beginning when I started installing dockers, my docker icons never show up. Can you please help me with that too, I've checked the previous posts and forums too, it didn't help.

Thanks

CA-Logging-20211020-2054.zip

Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 9.01.05 PM.png

Edited by Sarthak Varshney
On 10/18/2021 at 1:29 PM, koala784 said:

Hi, thanks for the new update !
Some changes are great, others are understable, but I'm wondering : is there other people affected by a longer charging page when clicking on the "apps" page ? It takes 15 seconds to show the apps on my side.

I've already re-install the Community Apps plugin and clean the Firefox cache.

On 10/18/2021 at 1:50 PM, Squid said:

Startup time is mostly reflected by your internet speed with one exception.  If the drive container your docker.img (or folder) happens to be spun down.

I can't stand any PHP errors appearing within CA ever, but unfortunately the OS isn't as hardened against this time of error, and in the case of a failure of this test previously, PHP errors would appearing throughout CA (and on the DockerTab)

On 10/19/2021 at 12:06 AM, koala784 said:

My internet speed is pretty good and stable, visible on the screenshot below.
And my docker.img is on a NVME SSD set as cache so it's not spun down, there is something else.
Also, I've been using UnRAID for at least two years, and I've never seen the apps page being slow more than 2 seconds, before this update

But I'm surprised no one else have reported this yet

Stats.png

19 hours ago, Squid said:

OK.

Rearranged debugging

Hi, I've added my log file below.

So I've no knowledge about code and dev' (and english^^), but here is what I see on the firsts line of the log file :

The historic start like this :

2021-10-20 19:57:31  POST CALLED (defaultSortOrder)

And this last "POST action" is this one :

2021-10-20 19:57:32 POST RETURN (getFavourite)

But then there is a delay of 12 seconds into this "POST RETURN" :

2021-10-20 19:57:44 POST RETURN (get_content)

ca_log.txt

Edited by koala784

I think I know where the extended startup time and possibly the spinner not disappearing comes from.  Do you guys happen to have some containers installed that are displaying the "?" for the icon on the docker page instead of a regular icon when there should be an icon present?

1 hour ago, Squid said:

can you either reboot or enter in the following command and see if it fails again?

rm -rf /tmp/community.applications

Well I was about to write to you again that the problem didn't seem to end there but kinda added more to it.

So after I re-installed plugins after cleaning the flash, the apps section worked but as I installed one docker, it went back to the same problem of never ending spinner. 

I did the process again and installed another docker and then it went back again to the spinner.

But I also noticed, that with every fresh install of CA plugin, I was losing the ability to edit my previous dockers and the WebGUI option also went away along with editing option.

Attaching my CA logs to help you.

Also, I am fairly new to Unraid, so I kinda don't know how to get it to smooth working when one thing after other falls off.

Kindly help.

1582175958_Screenshot2021-10-21at12_50_43AM.thumb.png.86f85d2b393775f7cda553f6773dd32f.png

CA-Logging-20211020-2128.zip

31 minutes ago, Squid said:

I think I know where the extended startup time and possibly the spinner not disappearing comes from.  Do you guys happen to have some containers installed that are displaying the "?" for the icon on the docker page instead of a regular icon when there should be an icon present?

I had one for some months (youtube-dl-material), I removed it (not using it anymore).

I've also removed all the orphans images that I could see on the Docker page (advanced view).

But I don't see any changes.

If the "?" icon bug is a known one, I don't know anything about it.

Here's a new log file after the cleaning.

ca_log.txt

1 hour ago, koala784 said:

The historic start like this :

2021-10-20 19:57:31  POST CALLED (defaultSortOrder)

And this last "POST action" is this one :

2021-10-20 19:57:32 POST RETURN (getFavourite)

But then there is a delay of 12 seconds into this "POST RETURN" :

2021-10-20 19:57:44 POST RETURN (get_content)

This is almost identical to my log except I have q slightly longer 13 second delay between 'POST RETURN (getFavourite)' and 'POST RETURN (get_content)'. Log attached. Also, yes, I do have a number of Dockers with the '?' icon, but they are my own dockers which have no other defined icon and deliberately use '/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/images/question.png'

CA-Logging-20211020-1450.zip

For anyone having the spinner not disappearing, or a longer than usual startup time can you enter these commands and let me know if it's fixed. 

wget -P /tmp https://github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/raw/master/archive/community.applications-2021.10.20-x86_64-1.txz
installpkg /tmp/community.applications-2021.10.20-x86_64-1.txz

3 hours ago, Squid said:

For anyone having the spinner not disappearing, or a longer than usual startup time can you enter these commands and let me know if it's fixed. 

wget -P /tmp https://github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/raw/master/archive/community.applications-2021.10.20-x86_64-1.txz
installpkg /tmp/community.applications-2021.10.20-x86_64-1.txz

Yes! Now starts up in a couple of seconds again. Thank you. 🙂