[Plug-In] Community Applications

3 hours ago, Squid said:

For anyone having the spinner not disappearing, or a longer than usual startup time can you enter these commands and let me know if it's fixed. 

wget -P /tmp https://github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/raw/master/archive/community.applications-2021.10.20-x86_64-1.txz
installpkg /tmp/community.applications-2021.10.20-x86_64-1.txz

Same problem after executing both commands in UnRaid terminal.

To answer your earlier questions, I have no containers with "?" for icon:

image.thumb.png.265fea26a51c4ae246541a171475c094.png

11 hours ago, Sarthak Varshney said:

Well I was about to write to you again that the problem didn't seem to end there but kinda added more to it.

So after I re-installed plugins after cleaning the flash, the apps section worked but as I installed one docker, it went back to the same problem of never ending spinner. 

I did the process again and installed another docker and then it went back again to the spinner.

But I also noticed, that with every fresh install of CA plugin, I was losing the ability to edit my previous dockers and the WebGUI option also went away along with editing option.

Attaching my CA logs to help you.

Also, I am fairly new to Unraid, so I kinda don't know how to get it to smooth working when one thing after other falls off.

Kindly help.

1582175958_Screenshot2021-10-21at12_50_43AM.thumb.png.86f85d2b393775f7cda553f6773dd32f.png

CA-Logging-20211020-2128.zip 826.29 kB · 0 downloads

7 hours ago, Squid said:

For anyone having the spinner not disappearing, or a longer than usual startup time can you enter these commands and let me know if it's fixed. 

wget -P /tmp https://github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/raw/master/archive/community.applications-2021.10.20-x86_64-1.txz

Hey @Squid,

So, your code worked. My CA are loading now, but I haven't tried installing any docker and see if it again goes back to that situation.

Secondly, any solution to the problem of docker losing the option to edit and WebGUI?

8 hours ago, Chahk said:

Same problem after executing both commands in UnRaid terminal.

Then for your issue, I have absolutely no idea at all.   Maybe also post your diagnostics

Coding works perfectly on all my servers, with Chrome, Brave, Firefox, Safari.  (Even tested IE - which of course failed)

I would have to Team Viewer into your system to determine what's up with your server.

hi, I update the apps, and got this error, please help!

Something really wrong went on during defaultSortOrder
Post the ENTIRE contents of this message in the Community Applications Support Thread

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/94.0.4606.81 Safari/537.36
Language:

<br /> <b>Warning</b>: require_once(/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/Translations.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php</b> on line <b>15</b><br /> <br /> <b>Fatal error</b>: require_once(): Failed opening required '/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/Translations.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/emhttp') in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php</b> on line <b>15</b><br />

29 minutes ago, shuosiw said:

Upgrade to 6.9.2 - That just answered that question on whether the Untested ability to install it on 6.8.x worked or not

Or, Edit /config/plugins/community.applications.plg on the flash drive and change

Change these 2 lines to be

<!ENTITY version   "2021.08.31">
<!ENTITY md5       "dcb516be2697022805b53f625a8219b8">

And download https://github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/raw/master/archive/community.applications-2021.08.31-x86_64-1.txz and save the file at /config/plugins/community.applications/  Followed by a reboot

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Squid said:

Hi, it's working correctly now, the page startup is as fast as before the new version
Thanks !

PSA

For the next day or so (until I get the time), the New Apps section ( and on show more for 7 additional pages ) will show nothing but Linux Server applications.  This is due to a re-organization at Linuxserver (for the better) but does require me to make some manual adjustments to the data files that the application feed utilizes in order to get the system back to "normal" again.

There is nothing wrong with either the application feed or CA.

• Like 2

Hi, Please i need some help, i'm new to Unraid.

i have installed the community applications plugin but when i got to apps i don't see the download icon, or settings icon (please see below). is there a setting to click to activate it? Been trying to fix for  a few hours, any suggestion is much appreciated.

Im running unraid version 6.9.2

Thanks

1607583203_Screenshot2021-10-23at6_50_54PM.thumb.png.a9680b548bb3f5cc2b5e29110f8f6329.png

7 hours ago, Squid said:

Click on info (or anywhere on the card).  CA's settings is down the list on the left

thanks for taking the time to respond. Apologies i wasn't clear. I would like to get icons to show like below, instead of having to click on info>actions> settings like i currently do.

Please how do i do this?

thanks again

766489221_Screenshot2021-10-24at8_55_36AM.thumb.png.a1cb4fae63c91831b199f54a53006d33.png

Edited by Shyyour
typo

Today's update (doesn't include the docker searches yet) is primarily a Windows 11 compatibility hack. 

Found an issue with every single browser running on Windows 11 where half the change page buttons do not work at all.  Windows 10 they work fine.  If you're running Windows 11, and the change pages do not work, scroll down further and they should begin to work.

Hi all, is it just me or is the docker hub integration no longer working?  It seems to just take me to the docker hub page, but not offer any automated way to install a non unraid package like it used to.  I assume I could adjust an existing package and change the url or something but that's not very nice.

Specifically, when I click on the apps page and search for z-push, I get no results.  I used to be able to click the 'click here to get more results from docker hub' and it would include results from there, within the community applications page.  Now, it instead just opens a window at docker hub, which does not allow me to install a package as far as I know.

Thanks.

• Like 1
On 10/17/2021 at 7:38 AM, Squid said:

• DockerHub searches (or more to the point, a GUI for searches) are removed.
    • When this feature was originally introduced in 2015, CA was able to determine the dockerfile from the dockerHub search results and was able to create a template that (in theory) contained all the the environment variables, paths, and ports that the container required to operate.
    • In and around October 2018, a change at dockerHub meant that CA was no longer able to analyze the dockerfile to determine the required entries.  Effectively this meant that since Oct 2018, each and every dockerHub search has necessitated the user having to visit the dockerHub page to manually determine the required entries and then add them to the template themselves, as effectively the template CA generated was a blank template with only the repository entry filled out.
    • Because of the necessity of going to dockerHub anyways (and that many users probably wouldn't and then would be surprised as to why the CA generated template wouldn't give you a functioning app), CA is now going to force you to go to the dockerHub page.  IE: each and every search on dockerHub now simply takes you to a dockerHub search results page and you can then determine the appropriate entries for the template when you hit "Add Template" on the docker tab

On 10/20/2021 at 10:34 AM, Squid said:

By popular demand, a GUI for docker searches will be re-integrated into CA at some point this weekend.  Admittedly, I really don't understand why you guys find it useful instead of the direct link (with the search already filled out) to dockerHub, but I can deal with it.

• Thanks 1

A minor niggle on CA, any chance we can have a bit more padding around the icons (or shift the icon up), otherwise icons that utilize all available height look too close to the text for the name of the application, an example is shown below, i know its subjective, but hey you dont ask you dont get, right:

image.png.d308ae2dc663ca5d754463e69811b7e0.png

• Like 1

While I totally get the reasoning to force 6.9 as the minimum version, is there a way to force install back to a version that works on 6.8.3? I installed some newer version that doesn't load the apps page properly, can't install the newest version because I can't do 6.9 until they fix the custom IP stuff that was causing kernel panics on my system (in theory, 6.10 has that in place). 

Edited by jakeortman
On 10/24/2021 at 7:59 PM, Marshalleq said:

Hi all, is it just me or is the docker hub integration no longer working?  It seems to just take me to the docker hub page, but not offer any automated way to install a non unraid package like it used to.  I assume I could adjust an existing package and change the url or something but that's not very nice.

Specifically, when I click on the apps page and search for z-push, I get no results.  I used to be able to click the 'click here to get more results from docker hub' and it would include results from there, within the community applications page.  Now, it instead just opens a window at docker hub, which does not allow me to install a package as far as I know.

Thanks.

Is there a way to downgrade to the previous build of Community applications before the GUI change?

Community Applications Changelog for version 2021.10.24:

• Windows 11 temporary compatibility fix
  • Fixed: Repository descriptions weren't showing up on cards if descriptions were allowed in Settings

• Changed / Fixed: Rendering speed at startup, page transitions etc
  • Fixed: Uninstalling from a category wouldn't highlight Installed Apps after finish.
  • Fixed: Uninstalling from either the docker or plugin subsection of installed apps would highlight Installed Apps after uninstall
  • Various CSS tweaks

• Changed: Drop limit of displayed apps on home page from 25 to 7 / 10 depending upon settings
  • Added: Ability to display descriptions by default on the cards. (Go to CA's Settings page)
  • Changed: Easier access to debugging information in certain cases

2021.10.17a

• Fixed: Certain apps would have the Installed flag showing when in Installed Apps
  • Fixed: Pinned Apps were not honoring the sort order when initially going into that section
  • Fixed: Going from Home / SHOW MORE to Installed / Previously Installed the sort order would be incorrect

• Complete overhaul of GUI
  • Fixed: Disable categories after performing a dockerHub search
  • Removed: Compatibility with OS versions prior to 6.9.0
  • Fixed: Attempting to sort a repository display would return errors if only a single repository was present
  • Added: When installing a second instance, automatically change the app name
  • Changed: Priority of support options is now Project, Discord, Support Forum
  • Removed: Help text (unnecessary with replacement GUI)
  • Fixed: Setting a favourite repository would change all of CA's settings back to defaults
  • Added: Support ReadMe files on templates
  • Fixed: Multiple instances of apps installed using the same tag would only appear once within installed apps
  • Removed: dockerHub searches (See release post)
  • Fixed: All steamcmd apps would show as being installed if any of them were.
  • Changed: Dim background on any sweet alerts (eg: choose branch)
  • Fixed: Display aberrations if app's name didn't fit within designated area
  • Fixed: Entering a search term (but not searching for it) followed by selecting a category would return errors
  • Added: Languages show up within Installed Apps (plugins subsection)
  • Added: Identification of apps which are currently installed
  • Fixed: Second instance would show up within Previous Apps (and give installed options) if original instance was installed, then second instance was not installed and both used the same tag
  • Added: Fatal error if docker image / folder is either completely full or mounted read-only
  • Fixed: Hover area / click area of left menus extended into blank area to the right
  • Fixed: Deleting the entire private repository storage location (/boot/config/plugins/community.applications/private) would result in the private applications still appearing until the next appfeed update
  • Fixed: Various issues related to installing 2nd instances
  • Rediscovered: A profound appreciation of the phrase 'Nothing takes 5 minutes'