[Plug-In] Community Applications

Hi, I've been stuck with a never ending spinner on the Community Application tab on my Unraid since the recent upgrade to the new GUI/Format/Style. I have CA v2021.11.13a and Unraid v6.9.2.

I've tried reinstalling the plugin to no avail. Any ideas?

Edited by sww

Not quite sure.  Everything looks good.  It took 10 seconds to generate the display, but the browser code crashed after generating (and presumably displaying), but before it generated the autocomplete search entries.

What browser?  Clear your cookies? Try without any add-ons in the browser.  Barring that I'd have to TeamViewer into your desktop to see what's actually going on under the hood

I am using Firefox with quite a few add-ons like ublock-origin and cookie-autodelete although I tried to disable them to see if there was any change and there wasn't. However I can load the page in clean Chromium without any add-ons so they must be the problem. Curiously now I've loaded it in Chromium the page is also loading in Firefox without changing a thing, so who knows what was going on.

Either way thanks for the help (and the excellent plugin).

47 minutes ago, sww said:

Curiously now I've loaded it in Chromium the page is also loading in Firefox without changing a thing,

CA doesn't do a full reload of everything if certain data files haven't been updated online.  It'll probably fail again on the next feed update

Hello,

i'm new to unRAID, so excuse me if this is a Noob Question.
I'm trying to install the Plugin, but it just displays "502 Bad Gateway".
I've tried installing it via Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome on Windows 10 and Windows 11. Same Error Message every time.

What can i do to install the Plugin?
image.thumb.png.468eb15aaa2dc5f7c54453d2ddf92e06.png

Thanks

New release today.  Big change is automatically adjusting templates that specify shares to match the user's system.

EG: Consider the following from a template

image.png.01a04bb7eee3fbcd8772e91373b26941.png

These settings would automatically create a Media share and create a Movies and a TV subdirectory.  If the user already has a "media" share (all in lower case) and didn't notice the above then they would have a new share created which would cause some issues.

CA will adjust the template in this case to be /mnt/user/media/Movies and /mnt/user/media/TV  (Note that if the media share already has a folder named "movies" then the subfolder would also be adjusted.

CA will NOT scan your system to try and figure out that you have a Movies share and a TV share and adjust.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Just out of curiosity, how does CA know to adjust the paths if it doesn’t scan your system?

Using the example,

It doesn't work out if instead of Media/Movies  (Share is Media) your movies are stored within a Movies (or a Film) share.  It looks to see if you have Media or media or MeDiA as a share (and within that share if you have Movies or movies or mOvIeS as a folder)  If the Media (or media or mEdIA) share doesn't exist then the path as specified within the template is passed untouched

Also, this is only on new installs.  Previous installs aren't touched at all.

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, HagenS said:

no answer...?

The answer is the same as my original reply to your original question.

On 10/18/2021 at 11:31 AM, Squid said:

Sort by updates is / was pretty much meaningless except for plugins.

The "Update Available" within the docker tab bore no relationship to whether or not the template used for CA had the date of the last update updated accordingly.  Especially with the major contributors having their containers set up to automatically build as new versions of the app itself came available or for security reasons, or every Friday rain or shine, the templates were never upgraded to reflect that.  

The only "true" measure of whether the container is still maintained / updated on a regular basis is to go to the Registry (support drop down on the info panel) and look at the dates on the Tags on the dockerHub.

IE: No, because it's a pointless section that bears no relationship to reality at all.