[Plug-In] Community Applications

Today's update brings forth 2 things.  

1. Stopping a forth-coming long-awaited and major plugin (Soon TM) from appearing on spotlight apps on incompatible systems
  2. A warning / reminder to adjust host ports when installing a plugin that has conflicting ports to a service / app already running on your system

You may see something like this:

image.png.d4cdcf00ef821530b80f2a2d1323fa32.png

This app wants to use certain ports that are already allocated by either a native Unraid OS service or another app running on the server, and is simply a "reminder" to look at and change the host ports on this app so that they don't conflict.  Currently this should work against ~90% of the apps, and the remainder 10% either are not affected (run as host and can't be checked) or are v1 templates only which requires an overhaul to the appfeed to accomplish this. (soonish)

With luck this will lessen the support load on the very talented template authors / maintainers that contribute their various apps.

Any false positives etc please let me know.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Dazog said:

Seeing this error when clicking on the release notes:

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/Markdown.php on line 2008

Wow.  I'm impressed that someone even looks at it....

Fixed. (Weird markdown syntax error)

On 12/6/2021 at 12:14 AM, Squid said:

Using the example,

It doesn't work out if instead of Media/Movies  (Share is Media) your movies are stored within a Movies (or a Film) share.  It looks to see if you have Media or media or MeDiA as a share (and within that share if you have Movies or movies or mOvIeS as a folder)  If the Media (or media or mEdIA) share doesn't exist then the path as specified within the template is passed untouched

Also, this is only on new installs.  Previous installs aren't touched at all.

Might be a good idea to add a warning in CA Fix Common Problems about old unused share configs that need deleting (or introduce a cleanup method), otherwise it might reduce the effectiveness of this feature for users that have previously made these mistakes.

4 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

old unused share configs that need deleting

It's only against running services and containers.  EG: If you disable SSH in the OS (port 443) there won't be a warning if another container wants to use 443.  If you have an app that's not currently running and you install another app that would conflict, there is no warning because there is no current conflict.

4 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Does this ignore dockers that have their own IP set

Yes.  Only templates that are set to bridge

• Like 1

Since last days the Apps Button load a empy site. 

image.thumb.png.2b54cddbb62dabb3a0cdb770bff46ef4.png

Reinstall & Server Restart doesnt work
If i install this older CA from this

the app Site works well. But after update to 2022.01.02a is empty again.

I did test it with FF & Chrome with ignotigo mode too. 
I try to make a CA Debug log, but no log is shown to me. 

Hm... Help? :D 

tower-diagnostics-20220104-2302.zip

Edited by Wetterchen
On 11/4/2021 at 10:39 AM, Squid said:

Docker Hub Searches are back (and always enabled for the time being - I'm going to see how it goes on that).  I still recommend that the contents of /config/plugins/community.applications/private/dockerhub be deleted.  Previous versions saved every install (or attempted install) within this folder with the result that your previous apps section tended to get quite filled if you were installed from dockerHub.  Now, only actual installs will get saved.  The contents of this folder if it exists is not needed for operation unless you added your own private templates into it.

Default display mode is with descriptions turned on, and the addition of actions etc appearing on the cards.  If descriptions are not appearing, then you have made a change to CA's settings and you will need to re-enable the descriptions option.  The slimmer display mode will probably be removed in a future update. 

Is the Docker Hub Search discontinued again?  I'm trying to add a docker for BlissHQ (romancin/bliss) and don't see the option to "Enable additional search results from dockerHub" in CA settings.  Thanks.

Edited by thegreatgumbino
13 hours ago, thegreatgumbino said:

Is the Docker Hub Search discontinued again?  I'm trying to add a docker for BlissHQ (romancin/bliss) and don't see the option to "Enable additional search results from dockerHub" in CA settings.  Thanks.

Because it's always enabled.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Squid said:

Try removing it, rebooting and then reinstalling

This does not work, i have the same issue and i pinged you on the unraid discord in a thread regarding this issue.
Manually installing the previous version with this url is the only fix i found working: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/1cab4cf730fcd3d5b8d22227953ff7ac347ca0b6/plugins/community.applications.plg

19 minutes ago, Joly0 said:

i pinged you on the unraid discord

100% the wrong place to get a hold of me.

Does doing the following fix it?

wget -O /tmp/community.applications-2022.01.06-x86_64-1.txz https://github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/raw/master/archive/community.applications-2022.01.06-x86_64-1.txz
installpkg /tmp/community.applications-2022.01.06-x86_64-1.txz

17 minutes ago, Squid said:

100% the wrong place to get a hold of me.

Does doing the following fix it?

wget -O /tmp/community.applications-2022.01.06-x86_64-1.txz https://github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/raw/master/archive/community.applications-2022.01.06-x86_64-1.txz
installpkg /tmp/community.applications-2022.01.06-x86_64-1.txz

Nope, still blank page

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Try removing it, rebooting and then reinstalling

I did this allready but no change. 
I test [code]

wget -O /tmp/community.applications-2022.01.06-x86_64-1.txz https://github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/raw/master/archive/community.applications-2022.01.06-x86_64-1.txz installpkg /tmp/community.applications-2022.01.06-x86_64-1.txz

[/code] but nope its still blank page. 
Only a older Version of CA is working. 

Edited by Wetterchen