[Plug-In] Community Applications

4 hours ago, HDT said:

They told me this feature wasn't implemented yet?

i also didnt said it is, most is covered ... and i see you have the most answers already

Always make sure that 50% of the cache pool storage is in use. <- covered

Find out what the oldest files are and remove them until it hits the 50% in-use threshold. <- somehow covered, "only move older ..."

-> so no, not sorted by age moved away but "new" files (your sample 7 days) keep on cache and wont be moved

Repeat daily. <- standard, while using treehold (50%) you can run more often

This way, all the newest files can have quick access from the cache pool. <- exactly

and using cache prefer ...  may read again the help what it means ... may not helpful what you want to achieve

and you already had these answers in the other thread ;)

22 hours ago, alturismo said:

Find out what the oldest files are and remove them until it hits the 50% in-use threshold. <- somehow covered, "only move older ..."

Respectfully, this doesn't cover it.  There can be situations where all of the files are less than 7 days old but fills more than 50% of storage.

This situation will occur more often the higher the age threshold is set.  For example, if the age threshold is set to 30 days or older = move off the cache pool ...then, there will be a much higher chance that many of the files are still under 30 days old but using more than 50% of storage.

This is where some kind of sort by age would be useful and use that list to move off the oldest files.

Edited by HDT
1 hour ago, HDT said:

Respectfully, this doesn't cover it.  There can be situations where all of the files are less than 7 days old but fills more than 50% of storage.

you are absoltely right, i also use it this way, even more ...

90 % treehold, 90 days, mover runs hourly ...

to sum it up, next would be ... you have to decide what todo if > 50 % AND no files > 7 days, then move anyway ? just as sample ...

but in sum, wrong topic, mover not designed therefore ... so rather open a request in custom scripts if someone wants to write something up or feature request for unraid ...

• 1 month later...

Seems there's a bug in the Action Centre, every time I have updates offered for Docker apps in it and go to apply them it downloads the new image, stops the container, and apparently omits deleting the existing container before trying to recreate it such that it fails with an error "A container with that name already exists", then the old container is restarted. Since afterwards the progress screen disappears to show the summary page that suggests nothing went wrong you'll only catch it if looking at the progress.

Then if I go on the Docker page the affected containers show "update available", and I need to click "Update all" which will this time go through the correct process.

There's nothing about the process in the syslog or docker log.

Edited by Kilrah

Originally posted in General Support as directed in the "120220-fix-common-problems-more-information/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-1101084" instructions, but just got directed back here:

I've been a "set and forget" unraid user for years, so the "new" (I totally know it's not new, but still) method of running stuff on top of vanilla unraid through Community Applications is something I haven't messed with much at all... until this week, at which point I'm beating my head against the wall trying to get it to connect through the internet.

For some reason, my preclear option disappeared during an update between February or March of this year and now. I'd previously been using the gfjardim plugin, and clicking preclear through the main unraid array menu.

Now, I'm trying to "get preclear back" as an option (days are ticking away on purchase warranties), and it's looking like the only way to do that these days is through the Community Apps' Preclear for Unassigned Devices app. So far, so good.

I cannot for the life of me get Community Apps to connect. All the servers (github, amazonaws) listed in the main tech support page for Community Apps show zero issues, so it's definitely a problem on my end. I've configured network settings to include a pair of OpenDNS servers as suggested in these forums. Not using a proxy or PiHole. Diagnostics are attached.

Honestly, if there's just a backdoor way of me getting the ability to preclear my disks again without needing to connect to Community Apps, I'd actually just take that route, but if the only way to get preclearing again is to get Community Apps connecting, I'd greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me in making that happen before my preclear schedule starts bumping up against return deadlines!

Thanks in advance, beyond words!

tower3-diagnostics-20220722-0537.zip

1 hour ago, SimonF said:

If I click on Favorite repo Action Centre hints there is something to do, But if i click says no apps. Also does for favorite repo.

I can't replicate the Fav repo coming up as no apps found with SimonF being set as Favourite.

Similarly for Action Centre coming up No Apps found when its enabled.

Getting me the CA logs (CA Settings - Enable Debugging), then back in CA and replicating the 2 issues followed by uploading the file generating by the "Debugging" link on the left might help.

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

I can't replicate the Fav repo coming up as no apps found with SimonF being set as Favourite.

Similarly for Action Centre coming up No Apps found when its enabled.

Getting me the CA logs (CA Settings - Enable Debugging), then back in CA and replicating the 2 issues followed by uploading the file generating by the "Debugging" link on the left might help.

PM'd the debug.

Apologies in advance for this silly question, but: is it possible to RE-install community applications? 

When I upgraded it using the GUI, it said that the package was corrupted, but the UI shows the latest package was installed. I fear there is an inconsistency, so wanted to reinstall it. 

Can I safely remove CA and then install it again? Or is there a better way? Thanks!

Hi, if you update dockers from action center, the dockers gets updated. But on the unraid dashboard you still see the updated dockers with blue text and under dockers you se the lightning indicating that there still is an update.

unRAID 6.10.3

CA 2022-07-26

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Hogwind said:

Hi, if you update dockers from action center, the dockers gets updated. But on the unraid dashboard you still see the updated dockers with blue text and under dockers you se the lightning indicating that there still is an update.

unRAID 6.10.3

CA 2022-07-26

Can you show me a screenshot

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

Can you show me a screenshot

First I update from Action Centre:

image.thumb.png.7866fee00dce1475e50b3fe6d663dd80.png

And then when you check the Docker page it still has an update:

image.png.cd6558a2a88742a7ca06c68567fb23eb.png

But I have now noticed that the "update ready" and the blue text disappear after a while, maybe after the next check for an docker update?

So I replicated this on 6.11 (still waiting on another update for 6.10)

It's not a CA issue per se, but rather a docker tab issue where it isn't picking up that the container was actually updated (and updated via its own update routine - CA is nothing but a front end for the existing code in the docker tab)

You can tell this because if you apply the update via docker, the total pull size will be zero and additionally a check for updates on docker will remove the Update being available.

I'll look into it. 

• Thanks 3