[Plug-In] Community Applications

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Reboot

Then try again.   Don't close the popup and then copy and paste the output of it.

(I can't replicate so need to see who's not doing their job: the OS or CA)

I don't get a popup. Are there logs somewhere?

edit: FWIW, I am able to install other apps. Only GPU Statistics goes to 'pending'.

Edited by flyize

I have postgresql14 installed and it seems it got into a weird state, I can see both on the docker and apps page that it's got an update, on the apps page I get the Update and Edit choices but Edit pops up "XML file was missing" and Update gives "Configuration not found. Was this container created using this plugin?", what's the best way to fix it without losing settings?

image.png.1c09880582f52a79f4a2201e118acac1.png

image.png.774059b8f556cf813efa463da7465c3a.png

EDIT: Found the XML in my Jul 27th flash backup and restored it, but no idea why it disappeared...

EDIT2: I remember now, it showed up in "Previous Apps" and I deleted it from there since I thought it was another template I had installed before settling on that one, but no it was the live one. So now the question is why did it show up there...

Edited by Kilrah

Problem with installing Community Application on Unraid 6.9.2 and 6.10.3

Hello all nice people out here!

I have an unusual problem. 

I had to setup a new install of unraid and when I click on plugin tab (unraid 6.9.2) and paste the CA link I get a network failure problem. I get the same error message if I install in unraid 6.10.3.

I have checked my router and also used another router to see if the problem still is in the router. I have search on internet if anyone had the same problem. I also tried internal nic on the MB and my external.

Please see the attached picture.

I had installed unraid 6.10.3 from the beginning  but I decided to revert to 6.9.2 but the problem is the same. 

My specs:

MB: Asus Prime Z390-a

CPU: Intel Core i5 9400F 2.9 GHz 9MB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) x2

GPU ASUS Geforce 1060 3GB

NIC: ASUS XG-C100C - Nätverkskort 10GBase-T x 1 / (PCIe)

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1300W

SDD NVME 1: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVMe

SSD NVME 2: WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD 1TB M.2 (WDS100T2B0C)

Parity HDD: Seagate ST14000NM001G Exos X16 14 TB

HDD 1: WD Gold 10TB 7200rpm 256MB

HDD 2-3: TOSHIBA N300 NASHDWG11A

I need help as I am stuck and run our of solutions. I hope I provided sufficient info.

community application plugin failed.png

Is this correct?

IPADDR[0]="100.27.27.245"
NETMASK[0]="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY[0]="100.27.27.1"

Highly unusual to give the server a static IP address that's actually a internet address (and registered to amazon aws)

Also, 

DNS_SERVER1="82.209.169.7"

Never heard of this DNS server before... Doesn't mean anything in and by itself though.  Probably best to use 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

• Thanks 1

Hello!

I have an isp adress but this is after on the LAN side that I gave my LAN this adress. The idea i got from watching lawrencestystems video of how to setup a pfsense router.  I have disconnected pfsense router to see if that helped but no.

Yes I agree with you that it says amazon but does this matter in any way? I had 192.168.1.245 before. But as many of gurus in network says you should give your LAN side a different LAN IP adress. So this is what I chose. 

What is your thought om this? I will try the ordinary adress now to see if it resolves my problem. I will get back in a minute.

Thanks for your help! This was something I didn´t think of. I let you know in a minute. 

1 hour ago, andreas79 said:

But as many of gurus in network says you should give your LAN side a different LAN IP adress. So this is what I chose. 

While I'm sure there may be many esoteric uses for assigning public IPs within a private LAN, I've never once seen an enterprise environment anywhere (ie: the network experts) who didn't use 10.x, 192.x, 172.x

I've had an issue viewing anything in the CA tab for the past two weeks. The rest of my network is fine as is all my dockers and unraid in general. When I visit the CA tab I get this:

Download of appfeed failed.

Community Applications requires your server to have internet access. The most common cause of this failure is a failure to resolve DNS addresses. You can try and reset your modem and router to fix this issue, or set static DNS addresses (Settings - Network Settings) of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and try again.

Alternatively, there is also a chance that the server handling the application feed is temporarily down. See also this post for more information

Last JSON error Recorded: Syntax error

Attached is log I got after visiting the page with Save CA debugging information enabled.

The log looks fine for downloading most json files but I think applicationFeed.json is giving it issues. It doesn't seem network related (judging by the json error reported). I can visit all the s3 links for json files in my browser reported in the log without an issue. As well as download them with wget from the unraid cli.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the CA app with no change in behavior. This is on Unraid 6.9.0

CA-Logging-20220808-1609.zip

Edited by FoxxMD
On 8/8/2022 at 1:16 PM, FoxxMD said:

I've had an issue viewing anything in the CA tab for the past two weeks. The rest of my network is fine as is all my dockers and unraid in general. When I visit the CA tab I get this:

Attached is log I got after visiting the page with Save CA debugging information enabled.

The log looks fine for downloading most json files but I think applicationFeed.json is giving it issues. It doesn't seem network related (judging by the json error reported). I can visit all the s3 links for json files in my browser reported in the log without an issue. As well as download them with wget from the unraid cli.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the CA app with no change in behavior. This is on Unraid 6.9.0

CA-Logging-20220808-1609.zip 2.35 kB · 1 download

I'm having the exact same issue for a while now as well. MD5 failed for ./Apps.page ONLY. Currently on Unraid 6.9.2 and CA version 2022.07.26

Any thoughts on how to fix?
EDIT: Reinstall of plugin did not help.

Edited by brianbrifri
1 hour ago, brianbrifri said:

I'm having the exact same issue for a while now as well. MD5 failed for ./Apps.page ONLY. Currently on Unraid 6.9.2 and CA version 2022.07.26

Any thoughts on how to fix?
EDIT: Reinstall of plugin did not help.

Current status:

The output of

md5sum Apps.page

and what was in the ca.md5 file for the Apps.page entry did not match.

So, I updated the ca.md5 file to contain the output of

md5sum Apps.page

I'm still getting the "Download of appfeed failed" error. However, the hashes now all check out according to the logs (attached here).

I was also able to download both s3.amazonaws.com and raw.githubusercontent.com URLs via wget from my unraid terminal shell, so it's not networking that's the issue.
I also downloaded the latest Apps.page file from github

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/source/community.applications/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/Apps.page

then ran

diff Apps.page Apps.page.1

and got an output of

5c5
< Code="e942"
---
> Code="f0db"
1184c1184
<                       confirmButtonText: "<?tr("OK")?>",
---
>                       confirmButtonText: "<?tr("Install")?>",

So it doesn't look like there's any real difference in my version of Apps.page with what's on master.

CA-Logging-20220812-1407.zip

Edited by brianbrifri

Hi Squid,

First of all thank you for your continues support to the community with your support.
This is more like a feature request / improvement, rather then a support question. 

When u search for a application, already installed apps are matched based on there name and shown.
But if u give custom names to your containers, the won't be matched and thus not shown as installed.
I was wondering if matching couldn't be done based on the repo name or the docker hub used.

Off-course its a minor, and installed apps are list-able as well.

CA for the most part works against the templates which the maintainers supply, so if you install and then rename it those will not show up within a search, because that particular "app" for all intents and purposes does not exist in the feed.

However, both Installed apps and previous apps are well aware of renaming and will handle actions within those sections on renamed and/or apps which aren't known to the feed.

I can see however what you're wanting and the use for it and will have to think about it.  There's a ton of extra processing involved in handling both Installed and Previous apps (you can tell since they do take longer to appear than simply browsing to a category).

You can BTW already search for repository name, and the actual author of the app, but as stated this will bring up the results from what is in the feed and available to be installed, not what you have customized in either installed or previous

On 8/12/2022 at 5:21 PM, brianbrifri said:

So it doesn't look like there's any real difference in my version of Apps.page with what's on master.

On any given file at any given time, the source files on master will never match what's in the package.  

Primarily because the master branch for CA is the only branch I use in dev and always reflects the current state of the files on my system and not the files in the release versions which are contained within the applicable .txz

On 8/12/2022 at 3:56 PM, Squid said:

Are you guys running via a proxy?  Neither of your debugs shows that CA can download at all.

Nope. I am running pi-hole but I changed my unraid server's DNS to OpenDNS and Google in Unraid's network settings as a test and still got that error.
Also, I'm not getting any blocks in the pi-hole logs when launching CA.

EDIT: Again...was able to pull CA from the CLI of Unraid's terminal ...

On any given file at any given time, the source files on master will never match what's in the package.  

Primarily because the master branch for CA is the only branch I use in dev and always reflects the current state of the files on my system and not the files in the release versions which are contained within the applicable .txz

Gotcha. Wasn't sure how it all worked, was just trying to do some investigation and provide as much info as possible.

Edited by brianbrifri