[Plug-In] Community Applications

OK thanks, yeah there's definitely something weird with the template, for some reason the source for the postgresql14 template that I have in previous apps seems to refer to postgresql10, a search for 14 also shows 10 in CA...

image.png.5fd1655c83e2d693fefbfed21b7b13ac.png

Removing/reinstalling with the fixed template did clean it up. 

16 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

OK thanks, yeah there's definitely something weird with the template, for some reason the source for the postgresql14 template that I have in previous apps seems to refer to postgresql10, a search for 14 also shows 10 in CA...

image.png.5fd1655c83e2d693fefbfed21b7b13ac.png

Removing/reinstalling with the fixed template did clean it up. 

That was also part of it and is fixed given the steps above

@Phil nappo

Not 100% what your question is, but based on the linked post it would appear that you're attempting to install CA.  If you're running Unraid 6.11 then there already is an Apps Tab that's always present and you simply need to go there and click the link in order to install CA.

If you're attempting to manually install it, then you are not copying and pasting the entire URL as what you posted is merely a small part of the entire URL

Would it be possible to add other types of fields, and/or conditionals / logic to the CA templates? Like drop-down menus, or boolean variables? Some basic if/else logic?

What I'm thinking is that when you try to install an app, if you say yes/no to one question in the template, then it will enable/disable other fields in the template.

47 minutes ago, HoLyCoW said:

Would it be possible to add other types of fields, and/or conditionals / logic to the CA templates? Like drop-down menus, or boolean variables? Some basic if/else logic?

What I'm thinking is that when you try to install an app, if you say yes/no to one question in the template, then it will enable/disable other fields in the template.

Nothing to do with CA itself, but rather you're talking about the docker system itself.

Can't do conditionals per se, but you can have drop downs in the template

<Config Name="Key 4" Target="VPN_PROV" Default="pia|airvpn|custom" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">pia</Config>

Creates a dropdown with the choice between pia, airvpn, and custom (defaults to pia)

Hi,

like others, I've the exact same issue

On 8/8/2022 at 10:16 PM, FoxxMD said:

I've had an issue viewing anything in the CA tab for the past two weeks. The rest of my network is fine as is all my dockers and unraid in general. When I visit the CA tab I get this:

Download of appfeed failed.

Community Applications requires your server to have internet access. The most common cause of this failure is a failure to resolve DNS addresses. You can try and reset your modem and router to fix this issue, or set static DNS addresses (Settings - Network Settings) of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and try again.

Alternatively, there is also a chance that the server handling the application feed is temporarily down. See also this post for more information

Last JSON error Recorded: Syntax error

I've set static DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1, without success.

Looking at the logs, it seems downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/AppFeed/master/applicationFeed.json fail.
If I try to download using CLI, it's very slow (40KB/sec)

loki-diagnostics-20221016-1648.zip

CA-Logging-20221016-1651.zip

Nothing really obvious except that it seems that the port keeps enabling / disabling.  Try reseating the cabling.  Different port on the switch  / modem.  

Last suggestion would be to instead of setting a static IP in the server to set the server to be DHCP.  (Believe it or not, but I had rather similar issues with my Modem / ISP where a static IP messed everything up when it was set in the server)

3 minutes ago, slimshizn said:

Updating through community applications tab leaves the old images to cleanup in the docker tab. Is this normal?

This happened to just earlier too.  I got a command failed next to every update and no "done" button on the modal dialog (which leaves a dead page).  Four orphaned images to remove, but it looks like the containers updated OK.  Was on the way out so didn't get a chance to log or report.

7 hours ago, Squid said:

Yes, known issue at the moment.  Updating within CA via the check boxes will leave an orphan image.  Harmless issue, but a major annoyance to my OCD,

I've had a bit of a look, believe it's due to the bit of code in dockerman's CreateDocker.php:188 and on (also present in update_container script):

if (empty($_GET['communityApplications'])) removeContainer($Name, $echo);
    execCommand($cmd, $echo);
    if ($startContainer) addRoute($Name); // add route for remote WireGuard access
    $DockerClient->flushCaches();
    $newImageID = $DockerClient->getImageID($Repository);
    // remove old orphan image since it's no longer used by this container
    if ($oldImageID && $oldImageID != $newImageID) removeImage($oldImageID, $echo);

There is specific handling for CA, if identified as such the old container isn't removed, hence the messages that the container can't be recreated since one with that name exists, then the old image isn't removed since the container wasn't actually recreated with the new image.

In your installUpdate.php:22 you commented the CA identifier out a while ago:

//	$_GET['communityApplications'] = true;

but it's still present in dockerConvert.php:54. That seems consistent with the problem popping up when updating multiple containers but not a single one.

Commenting out that line makes it behave more like expected, and I didn't seem to see detrimental effects.

I had looked at that a month or so ago but never posted before because I wanted to do more tests, I had noticed that (I believe in both cases) updating from CA also had the issue of starting stopped containers and I didn't get to investigate that bit. 

No time lately but maybe this gives a lead already.

• Upvote 1

Having issues with Apps in chrome, when i try to install anything i got the loading animation, and then nothing happens. When i refresh the page i cant open the unraid webpage, i have to go in and delete all cookis to be able to log back in. The app page works in Edge thou. Running Unraid 6.11.2.

Edited by Pirate

Random Apps

Something really wrong went on during getPopupDescription
Post the ENTIRE contents of this message in the Community Applications Support Thread

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.6.1 Safari/605.1.15
Language: 

<br /> <b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/helpers.php</b> on line <b>48</b><br />