[Plug-In] Community Applications

Updated to 2015-08-02

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed change logs not appearing if application name contained a space

- Fixed errors appears if a template containing empty tags for Overview, Description, Category was uploaded to a repository when in appFeed mode (first appeared today, and was a case I hadn't considered)

New Features:

- Now allows "private repositories" without having the templates stored on GitHub.  Create a folder called /boot/config/plugins/community.applications/private/repositoryname and put your template files there.

This method is FAR faster at updating the lists than the previous method (previous method still works however)

- Integrated the docker Search & convert plugin.  When you search for an application, a new link appears at the bottom of the results, which will take you to the search results from dockerHub.  Once you find the application you're looking for, copy the URL for the application's page (ie - it's information screen), switch tabs back to CA, and paste the URL into the conversion box.  Hit convert.  The application will be automatically added to the lists (uncategorized) under the repository name "Converted Repository"  From there you can add it just like any other application.

A few notes:  The conversion is NOT an exact science.  Not all docker authors explicitly have their docker files exposing any ports used, or volume mappings, etc.  You will have to read the information on the dockerfile in order to determine what changes (if any) you have to make to the template when you add it.  (The <support> link for the application will take you back to the dockerHub page for it.)  I would consider adding an application through the search to be an "advanced" feature.  If there is only one port exposed, then the conversion process assumes that it is the port for a WebUI.  If there are multiple ports exposed, the conversion process assumes that any port beginning with "8" is the webUI.

If there is already a template created for the application by one of authors / maintainers here, you will probably be better off using it than one of the results from dockerHub

Roadmap - Next major update to CA should do away with the cut & pasting of URLS for search results.  Have to learn about the dockerHub API for this, as I don't like how its currently done, but needed to pave the way for it to happen through the API.

Possible Microsoft Edge / IE (win10 only) issue:  On my win 10 system, both Edge and IE do not consistently render the tables correctly in Icon mode.  This may however be an issue with my desktop system as its rather memory starved.  The easy fix if you notice this (the left hand bunch of icons may not be there, or the category buttons may disappear) is to hit the "credits" link at the bottom and then close the pop up.  The issue shouldn't happen again while you stay within CA.  This is purely a bug within IE / Edge, as there are also some other methods I found to display the table that do not involve any changes to the screen.

Note that this ONLY affects Edge / IE on windows 10 (and once again, it may be my system itself).  The absolute best solution is to install either Chrome (preferred) or Firefox and use those browsers instead.  You'll be far happier anyways for all of your browsing needs.

Yeah it is now obsolete.  However uninstalling is not strictly required as they operate differently.  For example, a converted dockerfile made with docker convert can be added via the "add containers" button whereas the templates created by CA can only be added by CA.

Not a big deal since if you're using CA you aren't using using the repository system anyways

Yeah it is now obsolete.  However uninstalling is not strictly required as they operate differently.  For example, a converted dockerfile made with docker convert can be added via the "add containers" button whereas the templates created by CA can only be added by CA.

Not a big deal since if you're using CA you aren't using using the repository system anyways

Thanks. CA should officially replace the repository system IMO.

Thanks. CA should officially replace the repository system IMO.

Agree, but there's plenty of logistical issues to work out with code ownership, release cycles, testing, etc.

Update

Seems to be an issue with Safari on the Mac, Chrome works. Maybe have a look for a future update?

Cheers,

---

Hello,

Just setting up a new v6 box after not using unRAID for a good 2-3 years.

I installed the CA plugin, but when I click "Add" on any of the applications, nothing happens. There is no visual cue in the UI, nothing in the syslog. None of the "Add" buttons seem to work.

Any way I can start troubleshooting this?

Thanks,

Hello,

I installed the CA plugin, but when I click "Add" on any of the applications, nothing happens. There is no visual cue in the UI, nothing in the syslog. None of the "Add" buttons seem to work.

Thanks,

Have you enabled docker in Settings - Docker?

Update

Seems to be an issue with Safari on the Mac, Chrome works. Maybe have a look for a future update?

Cheers,

---

Hello,

Thanks,

When using the default mode (appFeed), CA requires pop-ups.  I don't have a mac, but have you allowed popups from your server in Safari?  If you hit Update Applications, does the Add button then work?

Hello,

Thanks,

That was my first thought, but there isn't a docker tab unless you enable docker is there?  Unless you can get CA to appear by clickling on it in the settings section?

Hello,

Thanks,

That was my first thought, but there isn't a docker tab unless you enable docker is there?  Unless you can get CA to appear by clickling on it in the settings section?

Its either compatibility with Safari (can anyone else check it out?) or pop-ups aren't allowed.  My guess is pop-ups are completely disabled in his safari.

If it is an issue with Safari, then CA will most likely work by disabling the appFeed in settings.

I use Safari almost exclusively. Haven't noticed any problems with CA.

Is the appFeed enabled in settings?

Yes

Just downloaded and installed unBalance without any problems. I do have popups set to "Allowed" in Safari, maybe that's the problem.

That's exactly what Stokkes issue is then.  Popups have to be allowed from the server for CA to work in appFeed mode

With appFeed turned off, it still doesn't get past the pop up blocker (hit update Containers)?  Purely a safari thing then.  I suppose I could make you a special build that would open the Add Container window in the same tab and CA, but there's issues with that... Most notably that after finishing adding, or hitting cancel you lose the place you are at in CA because dockerMan winds up reloading the entire docker page (which is completely out of my control)