[Plug-In] Community Applications

You must love that spinning ring  ... when doing an update it's all over the place  ;D

Yeah.  Love spinning rings.  Except that I have a nasty habit of doing it with my wedding ring all the time then spending an hour or so in a movie theatre trying to figure out where the damn thing took off to...

I do that too, dropped the thing way too many times...

Updated to 2015.09.01

For the first time in a while, an OS update for unRaid did NOT require an update for CA to be operational  ;D

LOL, I was just going to comment on the fact that it's been 24 hours since a major unRAID release and I haven't seen a CA update! I was going to check in and make sure you were feeling OK :)

Updated to 2015.09.01

For the first time in a while, an OS update for unRaid did NOT require an update for CA to be operational  ;D

LOL, I was just going to comment on the fact that it's been 24 hours since a major unRAID release and I haven't seen a CA update! I was going to check in and make sure you were feeling OK :)

Just thinking the same thing, oh and Squid, I miss your old avatar..

Updated to 2015.09.01

Misread that at first....  Thought you originally said that its been 24 hours since a CA update and you haven't seen another one.... ;)

Updated to 2015.09.01

Misread that at first....  Thought you originally said that its been 24 hours since a CA update and you haven't seen another one.... ;)

Lol funny stuff. But seriously thanks for all the hard work you do!

Updated to 2015.09.01

Lol funny stuff. But seriously thanks for all the hard work you do!

Its almost at an end.  One more feature to be added, and then a revamping of the code handling the categories and I think CA will be done.

Then, if no other bright ideas pop into my head, I'll be switching gears to something else

I don't know if this is an intended future or a bug, did i quick search but couldn't find anything useful.

After having searched for something within CA and then clearing the search box (pressing the X), CA starts a search for [blank], resulting in it chocking under the load of having to do its magic for every app available (221 at this time).

It doesn't last that long, but long enough for Firefox to starts displaying its "script unresponsive" dialog  :P

Is this just because of my slow machine? (old N36L)

I don't know if this is an intended future or a bug, did i quick search but couldn't find anything useful.

After having searched for something within CA and then clearing the search box (pressing the X), CA starts a search for [blank], resulting in it chocking under the load of having to do its magic for every app available (221 at this time).

It doesn't last that long, but long enough for Firefox to starts displaying its "script unresponsive" dialog  :P

k.  I can see that.

For me it happens when I switch from Icon / Icon Details over to table mode.  What's going on is the Firefox is complaining that http://server_a/webGui/javascript/dynamix.js?v=1438559246:5 is taking a long time to run.  That is not part of CA.  But, when it does take a while to load, it eventually does, and the spinner in the top right (Searching..., and the popup both disappear)  At that point, any scripts which CA is running is over, and the rendering has been passed off to your browser.

As far as a bug, you shouldn't be seeing "Searching for [blank]", but the long running script isn't part of CA.  What's probably happening is that your browser is choking on trying to render the tables and run that script at the same time.  Quick fix, don't hit the button to clear the search term.

k.  I can see that.

For me it happens when I switch from Icon / Icon Details over to table mode.  What's going on is the Firefox is complaining that http://server_a/webGui/javascript/dynamix.js?v=1438559246:5 is taking a long time to run.  That is not part of CA.  But, when it does take a while to load, it eventually does, and the spinner in the top right (Searching..., and the popup both disappear)  At that point, any scripts which CA is running is over, and the rendering has been passed off to your browser.

As far as a bug, you shouldn't be seeing "Searching for [blank]", but the long running script isn't part of CA.  What's probably happening is that your browser is choking on trying to render the tables and run that script at the same time.  Quick fix, don't hit the button to clear the search term.

Thanks for the info  ;)

Thanks for the info  ;)

The searching for Blank has been fixed for the next release (day or two), with the side effect that you probably won't see that long running script anymore (unless you actually display "All Applications").  But, you might want to consider switching to Chrome as its by far faster a browser than FireFox

Updated to 2015.09.12

Maintenance Release

- Added support for Moderator Comments on specific applications

- Added ability to "blacklist" specific applications

- Fix: Clearing search term now displays "Choose Category"

- Fix: More exceptions added to the docker conversion engine.  Complete rewrite of engine into PHP.

FINISHED

Barring any bugs / fixes that might pop up, this plugin is now completed.  (Not quite sure whether I'm  >:(  or  ;D )

This last update is removing the code for an unimplemented feature that requires a complete top-down rewrite to properly implement (and would not be of much benefit to the vast majority of users)

Its also fixing a bug where "*.xml not found" would appear on a locally attached monitor if private repositories were not present.

The only real notable change is in the dockerHub search routines.  If a search result is displayed where a recommended (ie: template) application exists, then the system will not allow you to add the raw dockerfile.  Instead it will take you back to the template to add from there.

Its been a fun ride, (and I'm sure that everyone enjoyed the weekly and at times daily updates) but at this moment I can't think of anything else that can really be added easily without LT integration into unRaid itself.  If that comes to fruition, further enhancements may be made.

Until that happens, its time for me to switch gears.

But, this plugin is still fully supported, and any bugs, etc that happen to appear will still be promptly addressed.

A

FINISHED

Barring any bugs / fixes that might pop up, this plugin is now completed.  (Not quite sure whether I'm  >:(  or  ;D )

This last update is removing the code for an unimplemented feature that requires a complete top-down rewrite to properly implement (and would not be of much benefit to the vast majority of users)

Its also fixing a bug where "*.xml not found" would appear on a locally attached monitor if private repositories were not present.

The only real notable change is in the dockerHub search routines.  If a search result is displayed where a recommended (ie: template) application exists, then the system will not allow you to add the raw dockerfile.  Instead it will take you back to the template to add from there.

Its been a fun ride, (and I'm sure that everyone enjoyed the weekly and at times daily updates) but at this moment I can't think of anything else that can really be added easily without LT integration into unRaid itself.  If that comes to fruition, further enhancements may be made.

Until that happens, its time for me to switch gears.

But, this plugin is still fully supported, and any bugs, etc that happen to appear will still be promptly addressed.

A

Squid, this has been a monumental project that has revolutionised dockers for the community. 

Let me be the first to say

[glow=red,2,300]"Well Done & Thank You"[/glow]

;)

Trying to install this plugin(my first) and I get this error.  Is there somthing this I am missing?  I am also running version 6.1.2.  Thanks for any help.

Sep 16 21:45:01 server emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin install error: unable to create parent directory for /boot/config/plugins/community.applications/community.applications-2015.09.15.txz

Sep 16 21:45:25 server emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/tail_log syslog

Trying to install this plugin(my first) and I get this error.  Is there somthing this I am missing?  I am also running version 6.1.2.  Thanks for any help.

Sep 16 21:45:01 server emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin install error: unable to create parent directory for /boot/config/plugins/community.applications/community.applications-2015.09.15.txz

Sep 16 21:45:25 server emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/tail_log syslog

You should post your diagnostics.  I've never seen that error before, but it sounds like a corrupted flash drive for some reason.

Since you're on 6.1.2, a reboot of the server should (hopefully) fix any corruption issues on the flash drive.  (Or you've got that bread error again from your other posts)