[Plug-In] Community Applications

I would look at your flash drive (through the network, not locally)...  See if there is a folder called /config/plugins/community.applications

If there is, delete it.  If there is a file called /config/plugins/community.applications-2015.... then delete it also and try reinstalling everything.

It *looks* like the plugin install manager can't create any folders on the flashdrive for whatever reason.  I'm curious if you're able to write to it, delete the above folders, etc.  The log also showed that this boot was unclean (why it started a parity check when you started it up).  This could also happen if the flashdrive wasn't writeable for some reason.  I was almost hoping to have seen some bread errors in the logs, because that would have explained everything, but I didn't notice any.

After that, you may consider disabling unmenu and its pkg instalations from the "go" file.

Thank you again for your help, I rebooted again and the file was able to be created, and I also disabled unmenu in the go file.  I will eventually get these problems worked out with the flash drive, the problem is that is can take upwards of a 2 weeks for it to reappear.  I have switched flash drives switched USB ports, next is to disable usb3 in the bios and see if that helps.  If you know of anything else I should try or watch for I am all ears.  And thanks again form taking the time and helping me out.

FINISHED

I lied    :-\  or maybe I'm just addicted to this

In the course of doing something else, CA wound up getting some improvements to further differentiate and organize the lists better.  "Super Categories" are now present.  This separates Beta Applications and Private Applications (if present) from the main (hopefully stable) applications.  Default is to separate them, but you can revert to the old display by disabling the feature in the settings.

Fix: Temporary files now moved to ram (were being stored within the docker.img)  This should increase rendering speed, especially if docker.img was stored on the array.

Fix: More tweaks to the docker conversion engine.  ->  This is starting to annoy me.  Everytime I check, dockerHub makes a slight change to the webpage which results in some containers not converting properly.  Sometime I will have to sit down and figure out a new method of handling this.

Fix: Sanitize the input on searches - Previously, invalid characters if present would throw up a whack of errors on the screen

Updated to 2015.09.20

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of days late here in documenting CA's update to 2015.09.29.

A typo of mine caused some temporary files to remain in RAM.  Basically, every time you went into the docker tab, a new temporary copy of the application feed was saved and not deleted.  Individually each of these files take up about 70k, so depending upon your usage of the docker tab and the uptime of your server, the wasted RAM could have become significant.

The update on 2015.09.29 fixed this issue, but in order to remove the already existing files, you either need to

Reboot your server, or enter in the following into the terminal:

rm /tmp/tmp*.url

I noticed today that I had a few dockers that needed updating. I like to see what has changed before clicking update. The "Docker Container" tab does not seem to show what changes have taken place (at least I could not find it). I did see that the CA tab will show the changes if I specifically search for the docker and then click on they changes to docker blue button. I was wondering if there was a filter in CA that would sort by user installed dockers (if not would it be hard to add)? That way it would be faster to see the changes. If there is an easier way to see the changes please let me know.

I noticed today that I had a few dockers that needed updating. I like to see what has changed before clicking update. The "Docker Container" tab does not seem to show what changes have taken place (at least I could not find it). I did see that the CA tab will show the changes if I specifically search for the docker and then click on they changes to docker blue button. I was wondering if there was a filter in CA that would sort by user installed dockers (if not would it be hard to add)? That way it would be faster to see the changes. If there is an easier way to see the changes please let me know.

dockerMan at the current time does not support the i (changes) button.  That XML tag was added by CA and is technically "unofficial" (although even LT includes the tag in their apps)

The real reason for CA not separating running / installed apps from the list is that I wanted CA to be an addition to the docker tab, and not duplicate any information already displayed in the other tabs, as CA's job is to display the current list of available applications, not manage anything already running / installed.

unRaid 6.2 is supposed to include a major overhaul to dockerMan, and I would think (hope) that at that point the underlying system would support the additional XML tags CA / CR introduced (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40299.0) which, while they are still "unofficial" have become so widespread that they have become defacto official tags.  (And IMHO I think that dockerMan should somehow integrate the Changes, Support, and Project tags)

Its not particularly horrendous to add another button (something like INSTALLED) to CA to display all installed apps.  But at this point, (especially since there is an easy workaround - searching for the app), I think that we'll wait and see what 6.2 brings.  If only because if the new dockerMan supports it then CA will have to remove that feature from its feature set. 

(But, who knows - if I get bored of my new project then maybe I'll add it in just for kicks  ;)  )

Its not particularly horrendous to add another button (something like INSTALLED) to CA to display all installed apps.  But at this point, (especially since there is an easy workaround - searching for the app), I think that we'll wait and see what 6.2 brings.  If only because if the new dockerMan supports it then CA will have to remove that feature from its feature set. 

Fair enough, no use duplicating work if a major overhaul is anticipated for 6.2

(But, who knows - if I get bored of my new project then maybe I'll add it in just for kicks  ;)  )

So check back in 30 mins?  ;)

Howdy Squid!

When you have time, could you check my post here?  It looks to me as if something is doing Docker related tasks, even though Docker is disabled, and for completeness thought I should check with you in case Community Applications is doing anything at all at array start, that might be responsible for the errors I've seen as well as the docker.img writing (with Dockers disabled).  If it helps, the function responsible for the error messages is using the 'logger' tag for logging its messages.

I add webui link to the advanced parameters for cadvisor but stiil there is no webui link in the menu for cadvisor. Is it normal, is there a missing point at that container or is it a bug in CA?

http://[iP]:[PORT:8082]/

Its a bug within dockerMan, not CA.  You're going to have to basically delete all references to the template file within /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan.  See here  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40262.msg380740#msg380740

I add webui link to the advanced parameters for cadvisor but stiil there is no webui link in the menu for cadvisor. Is it normal, is there a missing point at that container or is it a bug in CA?

Its a bug within dockerMan, not CA.  You're going to have to basically delete all references to the template file within /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan.  See here  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40262.msg380740#msg380740

i have deleted the files that is related to cadvisor:

/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-cadvisor.xml

/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/images/ 2 image files related to cadvisor

delete container and the image

reinstall cadvisor but still no webui link

do i miss smtg?

do i miss smtg?

Not sure.  At work right now, but if no one else pipes in I'll figure it out tonight.

do i miss smtg?

Reboot

do i miss smtg?

Reboot

Nope, retried it with restart but still no link.

• 1 month later...

Is the Appfeed server down at this time?

Download of appfeed failed. Reverting to legacy mode

Download of source file has failed

Cheers!

Working right now so I'll check it out in a couple of hours.  But initially i would think (been a while since I've looked at the code) that since the reversion to legacy mode failed that the server is having problems getting out to the internet.

And it only happens on the Docker Tab?

That appears to be true.  I can go everywhere else and get images/the page.  When I click on "community applications", the next screen I get is blank in the main part of the screen. 

I noticed in doing this that I do not have "docker" enabled.  Should I enable this?