[Plug-In] Community Applications

Zoomed in better in the pic and what it's showing is that you've clicked add container from the docker tab.  Hit add from within the apps tab (that's CA)

I was getting that page as a pop up after clicking add from the apps page. ( without the drop down being shown) all other fields were empty. It happens on any 'app'

I remember previously when I click add, a new page would open with the app description and fields to enter to map the location docker image..

Now I get nothing. I'm off to work now, but will try rebooting when I get home to see if that does anything

Cheers

Zoomed in better in the pic and what it's showing is that you've clicked add container from the docker tab.  Hit add from within the apps tab (that's CA)

I was getting that page as a pop up after clicking add from the apps page. ( without the drop down being shown) all other fields were empty. It happens on any 'app'

I remember previously when I click add, a new page would open with the app description and fields to enter to map the location docker image..

Now I get nothing. I'm off to work now, but will try rebooting when I get home to see if that does anything

Cheers

When you try again, give me a screenshot before doing anything on the screen.  In particular I need the url

Cheers

When you try again, give me a screenshot before doing anything on the screen.  In particular I need the url

Thanks Squid, will do....Just for my knowledge, when clicking 'add', should it open in a new tab?

At least its working, but a pain cos i don't know what caused the original issue......

CA has built into it a special mode where if it senses that you're going to yell at it (or I am) that it'll start working perfectly.

Ha  ;D  Well it must of sensed me then.....lucky for it.

Hi Squid -

I'm seeing the same issue as bdydrp on a server that was just upgraded from 5.x to 6.1.7 that I'm helping a friend with. When I choose to add a docker from CA (any docker) I get the same basic screen as if I clicked "Add container" on the docker tab.

After the initial start of unRAID 6.1.7 I enabled docker, then installed CA. Installing plugins works fine, but not dockers. I have not yet rebooted since starting unraid 6.1.7. I seem to recall seeing this on another server I set up but I had to reboot for other reasons and following that there was no issue.

The URL(s) in the new "AddContainer" tab look like:

http://192.168.1.10/AddContainer?xmlTemplate=default:/var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/94.xml
http://192.168.1.10/AddContainer?xmlTemplate=default:/var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/124.xml

I looked in the directory specified and it doesn't exist - see below:

root@pinta:~# ls -l /var/lib/docker/unraid
total 0
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 100 Jan 24 20:45 community.applications.datastore/
root@pinta:~#

When I check another server which is working, I see the /var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps directory which is full of XML files.

Hope that helps track down the issue! Let me know if there's anything else I can grab to help out.

Thanks

Update: I manually created that directory then clicked "Update Applications" and it's working as expected.

Updated to 2016.01.28

In the seemingly never ending quest of progress on this plugin, (and a further attempt to unify the docker UI across the board), CA now has the ability to manage the user-templates.  In other words, if you decide for whatever reason to nuke your docker.img file and then rebuild all of your containers, all you have to do is hit "Previous/Installed Apps", and all of your previously installed templates will be displayed to allow you to reinstall them without have to select them via the drop down list on Add Container.  Should make things easier for new users as they will now have a consistent UI for doing this.

Any templates which happen to have been "blacklisted" for whatever reason, will still display, but with a moderator note attached to them stating the reasoning for the blacklist -> usually because the app has been superseded by another one.

Currently this is only for docker apps.  Expect an update in a few days to handle this same situation for plugins (requires a fair more thought and programming on how to handle it)

As a side benefit, CHBMB's feature request happened to have been added

Just had a thought, there may not be much of a use for it, but what about a filter for containers that are currently installed / not installed?

What would you do with a filter?  You can already see which ones are downloaded (they have the edit button or a wrench)  To manage them (start / stop) you would use the containers tab.

Well if you have a lot of dockers installed it would remove those you already have from the list.  But yeah, was just a thought...

Ok...  i can add a setting for that.  Won't cost any cpu cycles.  Have an update when i get home from work anyways (system not flagging apps within beta repositories correctly)

Thought about that filter (not displaying installed apps) and decided against it.  Would be confusing for some users as to why the count of applications are different from one user to another.  The plugin already differentiates between installed and not installed, so unless I hear more requests for that filter, I'm going to leave well enough alone

What?! But that's my idea!!  :P

No problems buddy, I'm not really fussed it was just the musings of a madman  ;)

This is great, I forgot my original suggestion, but one of big bug bears about the user xml drop down list in the installed docker list on the docker tab is as far as I can tell there is no logical sorting.... Makes finding a previous installed template a bit of a pain in the ass when you install & remove a lot of containers..

Thanks Squidly, you're just wonderful.......

This is great, I forgot my original suggestion, but one of big bug bears about the user xml drop down list in the installed docker list on the docker tab is as far as I can tell there is no logical sorting.... Makes finding a previous installed template a bit of a pain in the ass when you install & remove a lot of containers..

Thanks Squidly, you're just wonderful.......

I don't forget about req's made.  I just chose to ignore yours because... well... you made it....  ;)

Not exactly what you wanted, and it was something I didn't quite expect to have happen (but in retrospect it made perfect sense) 

Updated to 2016.01.30

Since I was flattered (although not receptive) to CHBMB's advances, I've now fully incorporated his feature request.

Currently running / installed apps, will now no longer appear within the Category lists.  Instead, they are separated under "Installed Apps"

Previously installed apps now appear separately under "Previous Apps" (and they will also appear within the Category lists)

Plugins for both installed and previously installed will now appear.

- Because of the potential for a user to install a plugin which is incompatible with your version of unRaid, only plugins which are currently managed by CA will be displayed under either Installed / Previously Installed sections (to prevent a user from installing Community Repositories)

Because of this, some plugins which you may have installed may not appear if the author in question has chosen to ignore my PM's regarding creating templates for their plugins. (This is a significant minority of the 6.1 compatible plugins)

Also note that regardless of which version you had installed (plugin or docker), reinstalling a "Previous App" will always grab the latest version available.  A nice little side benefit to this is if the user had previously installed LT's NerdPack or gfjardim's Unassigned Devices, then a reinstall will automatically pull the replacement versions (once dlandon's version of UD is out of beta).

Updated to 2016.02.01

Starting with this version, Community Applications is only compatible with unRaid 6.1+  (Not that this is 6.1 FINAL  Release candidates are also incompatible).  This is enforced during plugin install, and CA will not install on any version prior to 6.1.0  While I have endeavored to keep this plugin compatible with all of the 6.x series (including all the betas and release candidates), with today's update it finally just became too much of a major effort to support anything prior to 6.1.0

New Features

Favourite Repositories

On any of the category lists, if you have selected a favourite repository, then that repository will display prior to all the others regardless of the sorting method chosen.  To set a favourite repository, look in the settings.

Ability To Uninstall Applications (either Docker or Plugin) Directly within CA

You can do this directly from within CA by clicking the width=15https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/Stop_x_nuvola.svg[/img] next to the application when displaying the Installed Applications.  This is handled in (I believe) a safer and more user friendly method than dockerMan.

dockerMan uninstalls an application by forcing a removal of the container (docker rm -f).  I think that doing a force stop could potentially cause corruption within appdata.  CA issues a regular removal (docker rm) which tries to gracefully stop the running container and if it fails will then force a stop.

Also, CA will always uninstall both the container and image for an application (How many user's here actually understand the difference?  CA is all about making docker easier)

After CA is done uninstalling an application, it tries and determines the appdata folder for the application.  If it can successfully determine the appdata folder, then it will prompt you if you want to delete that folder also.  CA will NEVER automatically delete any folder for you on its own.

Determination of the appdata folder is handled like this:

- Within Settings, there is an option to select the appdata share.  (If you're not sure, then don't set anything here.  I will not be responsible for anything bad that might happen

- If you set that, then after uninstallation, CA will look at the volume mappings for the app and when it runs across either:

/mnt/user/appdata share name/appname  or,

/mnt/cache/appdata share name/appname or,

/mnt/disk1/appdata share name/appname

Then it will PROMPT you if you want to delete that folder.

Answer "yeah, go ahead and delete it" will then run a background process to delete the folder in question (background process because some of the appdata generated by various applications can be huge and take awhile to delete.  A notification is generated when the process begins, and when it finishes.

Deleting appdata within CA is useful, due to the fact that because of varying permissions, it is not always possible to delete the folder unless you ssh into your server.

Astute readers will note that if you are silly enough to set the appdata folder within CA to be something like /mnt/user/Movies, then CA will do what you told it to do and prompt you to delete your Movie collection.  Hence why the option is disabled by default, with the big red warning in settings, and within the manual to not touch it if you don't understand what you're doing.

Once 6.2 is released, then if CA is running on that version, the option will disappear and only allow you to delete appdata from the share that 6.2's dockerMan is going to attempt to enforce.

Delete Old (uninstalled) templates and plugins

If you're like me, then you've probably installed / removed a number of plugins / docker apps over time.  All of these old, templates show up in various parts of the unRaid UI (notably docker - Add Template - User Templates).  CA allows you to either reinstall those applications (in the case of a docker App, with the exact same volume and port mappings as before) or delete those templates from the historical list.  Just click the width=15https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/Stop_x_nuvola.svg[/img] when within the Previous Applications tab to delete the application from history.

Other Fixes / Changes

Previously, CA could get confused when there were two identically named containers as to which one was installed and which one was not.  (I believe that this error has existed all the way back to the CR days and nobody noticed until yesterday)

CA now has support within the installed / previously installed sections for two identical applications running concurently (eg: two instances of the same dropbox container named differently)

Previously, updated moderator comments were being downloaded every time you changed from one category to another.  Now they will properly only download once when entering CA

Deprecated support for "local caching of icons".  This option was introduced by gfjardim on the original release of Community Repositories and has never made any sense to me.  Why have unRaid cache the icon AND have your browser do the same thing.  It makes tons more sense (at least to me) and takes less memory to simply have your browser do what its designed to do - cache the images itself without unRaid interfering with it.

Probably other fixes, but just can't remember anything else at the moment.

Looks like I pulled the trigger to soon. Just did the latest update and now the Apps page fills with

Warning: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/0.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 569 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/1.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 569 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/2.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 569 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/3.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 569 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/4.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 569 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/5.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 569 Warning:

Looks like I pulled the trigger to soon. Just did the latest update and now the Apps page fills with

Warning: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/0.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 569 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/1.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 569 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/2.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 569 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/3.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 569 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/4.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 569 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/5.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 569 Warning:

k Updated to 2016.02.01a to force a fix

(The same thing happened once to me during development, but I couldn't replicate it, but now within the plg itself its forcing creation of the folder in question)