[Plug-In] Community Applications

Leaner, Meaner, Greener (and hopefully not buggier)

- Big code clean up.

- Don't display stars from dockerHub if app not starred

- Hide search dockerHub if in previous / installed apps

- Fix error in settings if a temp directory didn't exist

- Add support for <Licence> in xml files

Is it License or Licence?

Good point...  I'm Canadian, eh so I made it <Licence>.  Guess that I can support both spellings as I'll probably take some heat for it....

- Big code clean up.

Good point...  I'm Canadian, eh so I made it <Licence>.  Guess that I can support both spellings as I'll probably take some heat for it....

Doesn't matter. Just let us know which one.  I'm ok with either one.

- Big code clean up.

What's Canadian? Is it some sort of extraterrestrial thing like Klingon?

- Big code clean up.

What's Canadian? Is it some sort of extraterrestrial thing like Klingon?

more like the Borg

- Big code clean up.

Doesn't matter. Just let us know which one.  I'm ok with either one.

I'll support both.  Down the road the question will come up more often as why CA isn't picking it up. 

Just ran into an nasty problem.

My Sonarr image data kept being reset, so I had to scan the library every day again to reset it.

I also installed Emby, and after a day it would start the wizard again, though not every setting was wiped.

So I was thinking, what happens every day that could cause this? The mover maybe? I have my appdata share setup so it is a regular share that automatically gets moved at night from cache to the array. That way, reads should be fast enough, writes are fast and I have my data safe.

Turns out I was right: by default the path that was given to (some of) my docker containers is not /mnt/user/appdata, but /mnt/cache/appdata! Woops!

I realize many people out there may not run a similar setup as I do, but just wanted to post this as a warning to those that do, so they don't repeat my mistake.

Just ran into an nasty problem.

My Sonarr image data kept being reset, so I had to scan the library every day again to reset it.

I also installed Emby, and after a day it would start the wizard again, though not every setting was wiped.

So I was thinking, what happens every day that could cause this? The mover maybe? I have my appdata share setup so it is a regular share that automatically gets moved at night from cache to the array. That way, reads should be fast enough, writes are fast and I have my data safe.

Turns out I was right: by default the path that was given to (some of) my docker containers is not /mnt/user/appdata, but /mnt/cache/appdata! Woops!

I realize many people out there may not run a similar setup as I do, but just wanted to post this as a warning to those that do, so they don't repeat my mistake.

This used to be a problem users accidentally caused because of the way mover worked at one time, but since mover was changed yours is the first I have heard of someone actually doing it deliberately. Most people want their appdata to stay on cache because many applications frequently write to their appdata and any writes to array disks also involve writes to parity, thus keeping 2 drives spinning all the time. Also, there have been reports of some apps not working correctly unless their appdata is on an actual disk instead of a user share. I think it has something to do with hard links.

So in summary, the recommendation is to actually put appdata on a cache-only user share, and then make all your apps refer to it as /mnt/cache/appdata.

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts on why I am unable to bring up any apps at all, no matter what I select? Probably missing something here. It was working...

Version:2016.02.20
Last Change To Appfeed: February 28 2016 12:50

Running 6.1.8

What do you mean?  Are all the categories empty?

Thoughts on why I am unable to bring up any apps at all, no matter what I select? Probably missing something here. It was working...

Running 6.1.8

Right all categories are empty. Every click brings zero results. Search brings nothing up as well. Don't know what to make of it. Could be my IP (going through a VPN) being blacklisted from wherever CA gets its feed. Only thing I could think of. Where does CA get its data from?

Running 6.1.8

Right all categories are empty. Every click brings zero results. Search brings nothing up as well. Don't know what to make of it. Could be my IP (going through a VPN) being blacklisted from wherever CA gets its feed. Only thing I could think of. Where does CA get its data from?

It grabs the data from http://tools.linuxserver.io/unraid-docker-templates.json.

Alternatively (although CA is supposed to do this itself), you can hit Update Applications which will have CA parse the XML files itself.

Barring that, you can try entering in from a command prompt

rm /tmp/community.applications/tempFiles/templates.json

and then leave the apps tab and then re-enter it which will have CA redownload the application feed

It grabs the data from http://tools.linuxserver.io/unraid-docker-templates.json.

Alternatively (although CA is supposed to do this itself), you can hit Update Applications which will have CA parse the XML files itself.

and then leave the apps tab and then re-enter it which will have CA redownload the application feed

Well that confirms it.

wget http://tools.linuxserver.io/unraid-docker-templates.json
--2016-02-29 15:38:31--  http://tools.linuxserver.io/unraid-docker-templates.json
Resolving tools.linuxserver.io (tools.linuxserver.io)... 104.18.60.43, 104.18.61.43
Connecting to tools.linuxserver.io (tools.linuxserver.io)|104.18.60.43|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2016-02-29 15:38:31 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

Guess I'll just manually scp the templates.json file in as a workaround. Thanks

Well that confirms it.

wget http://tools.linuxserver.io/unraid-docker-templates.json
--2016-02-29 15:38:31--  http://tools.linuxserver.io/unraid-docker-templates.json
Resolving tools.linuxserver.io (tools.linuxserver.io)... 104.18.60.43, 104.18.61.43
Connecting to tools.linuxserver.io (tools.linuxserver.io)|104.18.60.43|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2016-02-29 15:38:31 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

If you can't whitelist it somehow, then force update is a workaround, but I've got to check out why CA isn't downgrading itself automatically

Alternatively, you might also drop Kode a line here or on lsio's IRC channel (KodeStar) and talk to him about what's going on.

Thanks but's I figure it's a known PIA IP address, which is probably banned for good reason....I guess I'll manually scp the file over to /tmp when I need to use CA, of course I know it won't survive reboots.

That won't work.  Templates.json is an internally generated file.  Just hit updates apps until I figure out why it's not downgrading its modus operandi.

I see. Well, the updates apps button didn't work for me as well.

In that case, I'd just for kicks check your DNS / gateway settings on the server.  Update Applications tries to hit GitHub by using the same routines as dockerMan does when you add a repository manually...

The never ending story

- Revamp of the moderation system

- Various minor enhancements and fixes

- Added: Running docker applications will now display their CPU utilization and memory usage when clicking on the icon for the full description.  Dynamically updated about every second or so.

Untitled_zpswrvihnn9.png

The CPU utilization will differ than that given by htop because on a dual core system, the % can go up to 200 (quad core it can go up to 400, etc).  I'm therefore dividing the utilization by the number of cores to ensure that the % maxes out at 100%

The memory utilization includes both the used memory and the maximum available to the application (usually the same as the installed memory)

Known issue:  The pop-up does not work for applications where multiple identical apps (with differing names) are running.  (Sorry CHBMB -> major rethink of a fundamental data structure used throughout CA to get this to work...  Will slowly re-do everything, but in the meantime, I think this feature is useful for the vast majority of users). 

I am seeing this on my console...

rm: cannot remove 'usr/local/emhttp/webGui/Users.page': No such file or directory

I thought it was due to 6.1.9 update but then remembered Apps had the menu option of removing Users tab (which I had done as I have no users other than root). I have restored original menu structure to see if it gets rid of the message.

As of 6.1.7 you should be moving the Users tab around via Dynamix Display Settings.  At some point in the future, I'll be removing that option altogether from CA

Oh, and another thing.

If you are one of the users who has moved the User's menu to settings via CA and have updated to 6.1.7+, then you should tell CA via its menu settings to put everything back to normal and then restart your server (to get all the system files back to 100%) and then move the user's menu via Display Settings.

Probably once 6.2 comes out, I will completely remove this option from CA as it is now redundant and you should be using the Dynamix UI to relocate the menu.

As of 6.1.7 you should be moving the Users tab around via Dynamix Display Settings.  At some point in the future, I'll be removing that option altogether from CA

Oh, and another thing.

If you are one of the users who has moved the User's menu to settings via CA and have updated to 6.1.7+, then you should tell CA via its menu settings to put everything back to normal and then restart your server (to get all the system files back to 100%) and then move the user's menu via Display Settings.

Probably once 6.2 comes out, I will completely remove this option from CA as it is now redundant and you should be using the Dynamix UI to relocate the menu.

Thanks. All fixed. Had not been keeping up-to-date on changes. :P

Known issue:  The pop-up does not work for applications where multiple identical apps (with differing names) are running.  (Sorry CHBMB -> major rethink of a fundamental data structure used throughout CA to get this to work...  Will slowly re-do everything, but in the meantime, I think this feature is useful for the vast majority of users).

ok... I've thought about this for a bit, and had a epiphany.

For those few users who are running a docker app twice (with differing names) this is basically another way of setting up a private repository.  But, that private repository is unknown to CA and therefore throws my system for a loop, and it can't properly handle the pop-ups.

To get around this, just create a private repository.

On your flash drive, create a folder called private in config/plugins/community.applications.  Within that, create another folder called something like My Private Apps.  Within that folder, copy into it the user-template for the duplicated app from config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user.

And, the pop-ups will now work for those duplicated apps.

But first, you're going to have to either Update Applications or

(I'll be issuing an update that will address this)

EDIT:  If you have no clue about what I'm talking about here, then you can ignore this as only a very few users run duplicated applications