[Plug-In] Community Applications

"plugin: wget: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg download failure (Network failure) "

is the host down maybe?

just started a fresh install of unraid prior to playing around with it last month.  Got my new hardware for the rebuild and do things right the first time approach...

obivously i've screwed up or the host is messed up.

waaaahh all i wanted is to get the Comm Apps up again.

any help boss?

"plugin: wget: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg download failure (Network failure) "

is the host down maybe?

just started a fresh install of unraid prior to playing around with it last month.  Got my new hardware for the rebuild and do things right the first time approach...

obivously i've screwed up or the host is messed up.

waaaahh all i wanted is to get the Comm Apps up again.

any help boss?

Most likely a dns problem on your side.

Try setting the dns to googles on the unraid server. Google googles dns addresses  ;)

Boring Weekend

Fixed: Private Repositories stored on the flash drive (/boot/config/community.applications/private/repo name/xxxxx.xml's are now updated every session (btw, while I will still support adding private repositories through a github repository, this is the recommended way of handling any private templates)

Added: Resource monitor for docker apps.

The resource monitor is just a basic display of CPU usage, Memory Usage, and Network Usage per container.  I am not going to recreate cAdvisor as a plugin for any more detailed information.  (There is a link on the resource usage page that will either take you to cAdvisor's GUI (if its installed and running) or to search results if it's not running)

The display is updated every ~1 second ish.

It will be interesting to see how many posts now show up in the forum's about the memory usage of each container (eg: Plex on my machine runs around 700MB from a fresh boot.  After a transcode, it jumps up to ~1.5Gig, and docker shows that memory is still in use even after the transcode is finished.  (But, when another app requires the memory, then docker releases the memory)

Could anyone suggest some helpful tutorials on configuring port mapping in a docker app. I'm trying to setup Flexgit and I'm failing to understand what ports need to be accessible inside to outside and how they should be mapped. Would it be e.g 80 inside 80 outside and 443 inside 443 outside etc.? Thanks in advance.

Could anyone suggest some helpful tutorials on configuring port mapping in a docker app. I'm trying to setup Flexgit and I'm failing to understand what ports need to be accessible inside to outside and how they should be mapped. Would it be e.g 80 inside 80 outside and 443 inside 443 outside etc.? Thanks in advance.

I don't use that docker, but in general, you shouldn't change the container port since that is what the application is expecting to use. You set the host port to some port that isn't already being used. 80 is already being used by the unRAID webUI.

I like the new resource monitor tab. As I was looking at each containers info I thought it would be nice to also see how much space each container is taking up on the docker.img. It would also be nice if there was a way to clean up log files with a click of button to free up the docker.img space (I am thinking of the couchpotato log that likes to fill up). Not sure if this is possible or even desired but just thought I would throw it out there.  ;D

I like the new resource monitor tab. As I was looking at each containers info I thought it would be nice to also see how much space each container is taking up on the docker.img. It would also be nice if there was a way to clean up log files with a click of button to free up the docker.img space (I am thinking of the couchpotato log that likes to fill up). Not sure if this is possible or even desired but just thought I would throw it out there.  ;D

I thought about that (and for the appdata), but realistically the only way of doing it is to exec into the container and issue a du command.  Not an issue by itself, however the time that it takes to run could however be significant during which nothing else can happen on the system.

Log files I didn't think about.  Guess I'll have to read the threads to see if there are any caveats (or if you have to actually think about what you're doing at any point)

I thought about that (and for the appdata), but realistically the only way of doing it is to exec into the container and issue a du command.  Not an issue by itself, however the time that it takes to run could however be significant during which nothing else can happen on the system.

Log files I didn't think about.  Guess I'll have to read the threads to see if there are any caveats (or if you have to actually think about what you're doing at any point)

Hmmm, I know I read about it somewhere. I'll hunt it down tomorrow.

Hmmm, I know I read about it somewhere. I'll hunt it down tomorrow.

Log files aren't the big issue with massively growing docker.img files (and the issue isn't relegated to unRaid either - complaints all over the web about the disk space that docker uses).

But, I have added another section to the resource monitor for the image's virtual disk size, and options to calculate the appdata size.  Will get to a release version shortly

Wife is out of town

Enhanced the resource monitor

- Added display of the virtual size of the app's image within docker.img

- Added options to calculate the size of the appData folders*

- As before, a link is present to install cAdvisor for more resource details.  Additionally, clicking the app's icon within the resource monitor will take you directly to cAdvisor's details page for that container.

- Other minor stuff along the way, and a big reorganization of the files within to make my life easier.

* This option requires that you set the appData share within CA's settings.  As per an update a month or so ago, if this option is set, then if you ever use CA to uninstall an application, you will also be prompted to delete the appropriate appdata for that application.  If you do choose to take advantage of this feature (and I do recommend it - if only because of permission issues, you pretty much have to be logged in through the console / putty to delete unused appdata's) make sure to select it to the correct share.

on the appdata location -

what if your location is outside the array, its not listed

what if you use 2 different locations, not in the array and on the cache drive

Myk

Outside array (or more to the point - outside unRaid's control) - I don't use (or have) unassigned devices, so didn't think about it.  will add (or a custom)

2 different locations - more complicated instead of searching for a particular path, now I would have to assume that a container path of /config (or the like) is appdata.  Will investigate

Way to go with the new resource monitor updates! It's interesting that on the dashboard it shows my 10GB docker image at 50% used but CA shows only ~3 GBs used. I am guessing there is extra crap in my docker image that never got removed?

Those are the raw values reported by the Docker engine, and on quick tests from du'ing into an image they were roughly the same.  There's complaints all over the net about the hard drive usage of docker as a whole, and I believe that its related to the COW features and unused sub-images that aren't reported or deleted by containers.

It's also why I don't think I'm going to add in deletion of log files, as realistically they are not the prime suspect in the disk usage.

At least if nothing else, if you've properly set up your appdata, its no problems to kill the image and re-download the apps

Way to go with the new resource monitor updates! It's interesting that on the dashboard it shows my 10GB docker image at 50% used but CA shows only ~3 GBs used. I am guessing there is extra crap in my docker image that never got removed?

Those are the raw values reported by the Docker engine, and on quick tests from du'ing into an image they were roughly the same.  There's complaints all over the net about the hard drive usage of docker as a whole, and I believe that its related to the COW features and unused sub-images that aren't reported or deleted by containers.

It's also why I don't think I'm going to add in deletion of log files, as realistically they are not the prime suspect in the disk usage.

At least if nothing else, if you've properly set up your appdata, its no problems to kill the image and re-download the apps

Very true. You're right, it is best for the user to just delete the file and re-download it from your templates.

Just a quick note that beyond a relatively minor display aberration in the resource monitor (memory and network values are not displaying correctly) CA looks like its working perfectly with 6.2.

The display aberration is caused by the bump in docker versions.  Haven't yet decided if I'm going to be participating in the early beta releases of 6.2 (as both my servers are production servers), so this might not get fixed right away.

But, at the very least, I will be at least installing the 6.2 series if only to verify basic compatibility with CA.

Cut off by the wife

- Remove option to relocate Users menu (and relocate Apps Tab)  Use webUI's display settings instead (it's had this option since 6.1.7)

- Remove option to set appdata share.  CA now always prompts to delete appdata if it sees a /config container path when deleting an application

- Resource Monitor supports appdata's stored anywhere on your system (and within multiple folders)

- Fixed: Display aberration introduced by unRaid 6.2 beta 18

- Fixed: If a calculation of appdata size was in progress you could not stop the array

First my thanks for providing this and the HUGE asset it is!

Just updated to the 2016.3.12 version this morning and now get the following error when trying to search for any app:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 305

First my thanks for providing this and the HUGE asset it is!

Just updated to the 2016.3.12 version this morning and now get the following error when trying to search for any app:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 305

Any chance you've done this: updated the plugin in one tab, and then went back to another tab that already had CA open in it and searched within it?

Try closing all the open tabs containing CA and then relaunch it.

If that wasn't it, then there was an error downloading the appFeed, and a subsequent error when CA tried to revert back to legacy mode.  If it continues, try hitting Update Applications (and see if it says Download failed after the pop up disappears).