[Plug-In] Community Applications

19 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Well that's gratitude.... I've got to add, trying to maintain two code bases is a massive pain in the arse, I tried with Unraid-DVB for a long while, in the end it just makes sense to drop one.

Could always install the old version and not upgrade.

cd /boot 
wget https://github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/raw/master/archive/community.applications-2017.04.18.txz
installpkg community.applications-2017.04.18.txz

Should be (2017.04.18 was never released publicly and was a work in progress)

cd /boot 
wget https://github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/raw/master/archive/community.applications-2017.04.09.txz
installpkg community.applications-2017.04.09.txz

And what you're going to want to do is overwrite /config/plugins/community.applications/commmunity.applications-2017.04.xxxx.txz with that particular file (rename the download to match)  This will reinstall that every reboot.

BUT, to be honest, I don't recommend doing this.  The new UI took me some getting used to, but I believe its far better and more in tune with how people actually use CA (Its also far closer to how I originally envisioned CA looking).   Additionally, any / all fixes to CA that may be caused by errors caused by the template maintainers only are included in later releases.

Edited by Squid

9fd7a0469709590db12bbeb24799a4ca.jpg

By request (read that as bitch),

- Adjustable time before hovering will display anything (Change in settings -> defaults to 1 second).  Clicks will always be instaneous

Additionally,

- Fix compatibility with IE (but Edge always worked!?!?) and Opera

- Fix buttons when interacting with apps having branches

- Misc.

Edited by Squid
35 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Name and shame.....

Which person is using IE?! :D

Actually found it myself during a round of testing to make sure that some slightly revised CSS worked...  Some research, and IE (and Opera) do not support a common javascript command.  (But Edge does, which made me shake my head).  Important enough that I had to pump out an update, otherwise I would've sat on the adjustment to the hovering until the end of time  :D

Edited by Squid
1 hour ago, Squid said:

- Adjustable time before hovering will display anything (Change in settings -> defaults to 1 second).  Clicks will always be instaneous

The adjustment works but then disappears more quickly before you can get the mouse up to make a selections, seems to be too sensitive. I preferred the old way better.

24 minutes ago, StanC said:

The adjustment works but then disappears more quickly before you can get the mouse up to make a selections, seems to be too sensitive. I preferred the old way better.

Ooops... Thanks...  It doesn't work on the nav icons.  Fixed

squid ,

something wrong with the newest version...

got that there is a newer version but it doesn't have the same "format" as the other plugins and it fails to upgrade ... where other plugins upgrade fine

it says newest version 2017.04.29b

i am on 2017.04.09

the title in the plugins page is this

dynamix.plugin.manager.png

community.applications

Andrew Zawadzki 2017.04.09
2017.04.29b information.png

error i get on both servers

plugin: updating: community.applications.plg

Cleaning Up Old Versions

plugin: downloading: https://raw.github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/archive/community.applications-2017.04.29b.txz ... failed (File I/O error)
plugin: wget: https://raw.github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/archive/community.applications-2017.04.29b.txz download failure (File I/O error)

like i said other plugins upgrade fine only this one fails on both servers

2 minutes ago, sacretagent said:

(File I/O error)

Something went wrong in the download.  Not quite sure what, but I'm fairly positive its on your end...  Best wild guess is that your flash drive is either full or corrupted or maybe /tmpfs is full or something...

Diagnostics might help before you reboot.

To fix: Uninstall / reinstall ( or uninstall / reboot / reinstall )

BTW, I actually did pump out a release ~1/2 hour ago (2017.04.30) that added in Maintainer / Author profiles to help people make a more informed decision, but that wouldn't be what you're seeing, since everything on your screen says 29b

I have the same.  The only way to get them back was by selecting Table view

Displays are all cleaned up and more modernized. Add edit etc are all available by either hovering on the app icon or clicking it

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

On 4/24/2017 at 5:56 PM, Squid said:

Installing / Editing / Settings / etc

Table mode is largely unaffected, and still has the separate buttons for Add / Install / Edit  (don't want to annoy @sparklyballs too much ;-))

Icon / Icon Details (default) mode, the Add / Install / Edit / Settings / Changelog Icons are now completely removed.  To install / edit / go to the plugin settings (or newly added, go to a docker app's webUI), simply hover over the app's icon (or click on it if you're on a mobile device) and icons will appear within the popup that will allow you to do everything you want to do.

Hello, I've recently replaced write cache and with Squids help was able to fix a corrupt docker. my next challenge is my apps tab, the view has changed and the Add button has disappeared.(see attached picture) -  Any guidance please?

Unraid app, not add button.PNG

Edited by huntjules
typo
  • Upvote 1

Give me a review of it in a week or so. After you get used to it

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

It wasn't a complaint or criticism. Just an observation. It wasn't what I was looking for based on what I was used to from the earlier versions. Now that I know, it's perfectly fine (and it would have been fine if I were a new user)
Hello, I've recently replaced write cache and with Squids help was able to fix a corrupt docker. my next challenge is my apps tab, the view has changed and the Add button has disappeared.(see attached picture) -  Any guidance please?

5908ef3443bf4_Unraidappnotaddbutton.thumb.PNG.a93e070af5fade1d883ca596acd01f80.PNG

Read two posts above yours
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, dalben said:

One thing missing with new format is the indicator of whether an app has already been installed.  Shouldn't be a problem but with my failing memory it was handy to know whether I had something already installed.

I guess that you're running with settings set to show installed apps within available apps.  (which isn't the default setting).  I never do, hence the oversight on that one.  But, in the meantime,

Hover over the icons that appear.  When installed, there are either 2 or 3 icons.

- Reinstall with default settings

- Edit

- WebUI

(Plugins will only show the webUI icon)

Honestly, I never thought it would have been this hard for people to adjust.  But, since everyone seems to be having the same problem, tonight I'll add in the Install icons underneath the icon so that you don't have to hit the hover pop up to install / edit.  But, the old buttons stating Install / Edit are going to be gone forever...

This may have been asked before - if I install a plugin directly (i.e not from CA) will CA still know it was installed? I'm assuming yes since it'd make sense to parse the list of installed plugins (which I believe is on the flash) but I'm sure CA keeps its own registry etc somewhere as well?

Just now, MrCrispy said:

This may have been asked before - if I install a plugin directly (i.e not from CA) will CA still know it was installed? I'm assuming yes since it'd make sense to parse the list of installed plugins (which I believe is on the flash) but I'm sure CA keeps its own registry etc somewhere as well?

CA just acts as a front end to the plugin system.  IE: It doesn't particularly matter how you've installed the plugin.  CA will know that its there

• Upvote 2