[Plug-In] Community Applications

Hi, 

I love the application, but I am having an issue, every where that I see a tutorial or a screenshot of the CA, there is a "resource monitor" button that is available on the upper right hand corner, my CA does not have it. I have tried re-installing multiple times and checking my settings and my CA does not look like the screenshots I have seen. 

Is there some hidden setting somewhere that I am missing? I really need to get to the resource monitor!

4 minutes ago, gaintrain said:

Is there some hidden setting somewhere that I am missing? I really need to get to the resource monitor!

Removed it on the last update

My reasoning in this link: https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/38582-plug-in-community-applications/?page=66#comment-570490  You're far, far better off installing cAdvisor through CA.  (lol And with all the GUI changes to CA in the last few months, most of the vids out there are way out of date - including the OP)

Edited by Squid
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Squid said:

Removed it on the last update

My reasoning in this link: https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/38582-plug-in-community-applications/?page=66#comment-570490  You're far, far better off installing cAdvisor through CA.  (lol And with all the GUI changes to CA in the last few months, most of the vids out there are way out of date - including the OP)

Thank you so much, I just read in the documentation that installing cAdvisor is recommended. You may want to amend your Documentation, as its still implied that there is a resource monitor in the application. I'd be happy to submit a pull request if you have a github for an update to the documentation.

Just now, gaintrain said:

Thank you so much, I just read in the documentation that installing cAdvisor is recommended. You may want to amend your Documentation, as its still implied that there is a resource monitor in the application. I'd be happy to submit a pull request if you have a github for an update to the documentation.

Updating the manual is on the todo list, but I keep putting it off as documentation is by far the least enjoyable part of any plugin...  But I will get around to it....

Just now, Squid said:

Updating the manual is on the todo list, but I keep putting it off as documentation is by far the least enjoyable part of any plugin...  But I will get around to it....

I know that feel, I'm a web developer myself. Thats why I offered to update that portion for you :) Just thought I'd offer. 

Thanks for your response. I got everything I needed going!!! cAdviser rocks. (So does your app!)

14 hours ago, testdasi said:

Yes, that would be awesome!!! :D

• Changed New/Updated section to include sort by date.  Automatically switches to Date sorting (Descending) when entering the section
  • Descriptions in New/Updated section include the Date Updated
  • Sorting Reverts to Name (Ascending) when leaving the section
  • Fixed Selected Category not resetting after a search performed
  • Fixed regression error where if updating CA from within CA, the page wouldn't reload after update installed *

* TLDR:  Long story.  Even a summary is a long story.

Hi all,

Somehow I the CA app does not fetch the applications anymore. Any clues to what could be the culprit? And where does the plugin connect to (url & port)?

Cheers,
Deeks
5957ef9901ba4_ScreenShot2017-07-01at20_52_09.thumb.png.336bf62addb1a9f8a3176947235e5d52.png

Nothings changed in that respect. I suspect a dns issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling would provide the info I need. But it might take a couple of minutes for the attempted download of the appfeed and the subsequent automatic reversion to legacy mode to time out before the webui responds again

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Hi Squid,

Yes the WebUI does not like it, and gets unresponsive. Could you let me know where should the DNS request resolve to? Maybe it's an issue with an adblocker or firewall.

Mobile right now at a bbq so not for a bit. Sorry man...

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

funny-picture-no-internet-connection.jpg.5f8118d015b4b60a9789120195c855ee.jpg

Changed the behaviour of what happens if a failure to download the application feed happens.

Previously, CA would automatically revert to Legacy Mode.  This worked fine in the case of the server handling the application feed was down and GitHub was still up.  But in the case of both servers being down, or a failure to resolve DNS addresses, then the cumulative timeouts for downloading each author's repository adds up to ~1.5 hours during which unRaid's webUI may be completely unavailable.

Now, if the application feed times out or is malformed, an error is tossed onto the display suggesting to fix any DNS issues that you may have and giving you the option to switch to Legacy Mode (Additionally, in the case of a malformed feed, the feed itself is displayed as an error).  This error should only take about 3 minutes tops to appear in this case.

Side Note:  unRaid sucks at starting / stopping if it doesn't have a valid DNS servers. (half hour on my system to do either  >:( )

Edited by Squid
  • Upvote 1

Hi Squid,

CA is working again for me. So it was an DNS issue and after all I guess that was out of my control. Pullout out my hair after after the CA reinstall and a lot of fiddling with the router did not bring it back to life. Thanks for looking into the issue!

Deeks

11 minutes ago, deeks said:

Hi Squid,

CA is working again for me. So it was an DNS issue and after all I guess that was out of my control. Pullout out my hair after after the CA reinstall and a lot of fiddling with the router did not bring it back to life. Thanks for looking into the issue!

Deeks

To be quite honest, I didn't look into your situation per se (as I knew the code was solid).  Rather I thought about worst case scenarios, and adjusted the plugin to account for that.  Believe me that I got very annoyed at just how long it takes for unRaid to boot if it has no internet / can't resolve DNS.  Luckily my wife wasn't around this morning to have to deal with that  :D

• Upvote 1
On 6/18/2017 at 1:07 PM, Squid said:

- Big change is that the resource monitor is now removed

Resource monitor was 

• A pig on server resources
  • A pig on browser resources
  • A big kludge in getting it working within the replacement UI
  • Looked like crap

Installing the cAdvisor application will give the same information (except for appdata size) as CA's resource monitor, and suffers from none of the above problems.  With cAdvisor, the template available in CA is 100% correct, and only requires you to select an appropriate host port.  Don't touch any of the path mappings that are already present.

Thanks so much for all the work on this.  I wanted to send some beer money.  On the Apps tab, there are links for Statistics and Credits in the upper right.  Selecting them brings up the expected response with the familiar PayPal donate button.  It took four attempts to get the donation sent - it terminated many times with a cryptic "fatal error" message.  I think donations are an essential function:-).  Thanks for keeping the unRaid apps world safe.