[Plug-In] Community Applications

• 3 weeks later...

Thanksgiving-Cartoon-Funny-4-550x357.jpg.4d1507de78c918134cba82dfb1c044e1.jpg

After installing all of the updates I've done over the last two days, if anyone wonders where all their various CA apps disappeared to, they are now all listed within User Utilities.  Settings - Community Applications section should no longer exist.  All part of the final step in a complete separation of the plugins from CA itself.

Edited by Squid

Status Update:

As of this writing, the application feed is currently offline, and returning malformed data.  I'm sure this is a temporary situation, but in the meantime, Legacy Mode is still operational (the button to switch to it will appear after the error about the appfeed being down appears)

In the meantime, I'm taking advantage of this very rare outage to beef up the suggested actions / causes that appears when this does occur.

46 minutes ago, ProtoJazz said:

I seem to be getting  "Download of appfeed failed. " tonight. I tried updating, I tried changing DNS settings, and Ive tried reboots of the server and router. Is the feed down or is it something else I need to fix with my config?

Same problem here. I switched to legacy mode for now.

1 hour ago, ProtoJazz said:

I seem to be getting  "Download of appfeed failed. " tonight. I tried updating, I tried changing DNS settings, and Ive tried reboots of the server and router. Is the feed down or is it something else I need to fix with my config?

Same.

EDIT: Just started working.

Edited by Dimtar
24 minutes ago, Squid said:

While GitHub being down is possible, its more likely that the failure is incorrect network settings on the server

Verify that you have a default gateway set to the IP of your router, and you can also set static DNS addresses of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

That worked!  Now to wade through all of these apps!   Thanks Squid! 

I am a newbie and installed unRAID and CA today and it has been a great experience so far.  However, after I installed the CA plugin and go to the Apps tab, all app show "Docker not enabled" I have searched other forums and have not found a solution that fixes this.  I have deleted the docker.img and recreated it in a different location, re-installed CA, rebooting... etc, nothing seems to give me the option for installing the apps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

I am a newbie and installed unRAID and CA today and it has been a great experience so far.  However, after I installed the CA plugin and go to the Apps tab, all app show "Docker not enabled" I have searched other forums and have not found a solution that fixes this.  I have deleted the docker.img and recreated it in a different location, re-installed CA, rebooting... etc, nothing seems to give me the option for installing the apps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See here: https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/61976-solved-docker-not-enabled-in-community-applications-but-is/

TLDR: Check for updates to CA