[Plug-In] Community Applications

5 minutes ago, pwm said:

It sounds like you are saying that /sbin/upgradepkg is generally not used when updating plugins.

No, not saying that. It depends on the plugin author. For example, all Dynamix plugins make use of upgradepkg with the appropriate options.

Just for fun, I counted the current number of plugin authors (not sure if all are still active) but it is 16.

I notice CA also uses upgradepkg - but with --install-new so upgradepkg will just jump directly to installpkg - or exits if the new package file doesn't exist.

<!--
The 'source' file.
-->
<FILE Name="/boot/config/plugins/&name;/&name;-&version;.txz" Run="upgradepkg --install-new">
<URL>https://raw.github.com/&github;/master/archive/&name;-&version;.txz</URL>
<MD5>&md5;</MD5>
</FILE>

It seems the download manager doesn't continue if the download fails - so doesn't process the "Run" command.

So neither installpkg or upgradepkg run.

But the pre-install code in /boot/config/plugins/community.applications.plg performs file removal before the download of the new version.

It is a bit confusing that the *.plg file is run and performs a cleanup before knowing the result of the download of the *.txz file. The plugin doesn't seem to have a chance to perform any cleanup when it knows if the new install will work or not.

It would be better if the plugin performs the download without any Run command. Then based on the download result decides if any cleanup is needed before upgradepkg --install-new is run.

It should be very rare when a download fails mid way. The plugin file comes from the same source as the other files. Thus when going to the plugins page and getting the update information (unRAId 6.4), it is highly certain that a subsequent and immediate update will succeed.

Also normal installation (that is system startup and without a new versions) do not require any downloads since installation files are kept locally on the flash device.

Don't think any scheme is 100% fail proof, but if you can improve the plugin content, please share and it will benefit all plugin authors :)

Ps. Options

-install-new is used to tell the upgradepkg script to do a normal install of the package when it does not exist yet and perform a package upgrade otherwise

-reinstall is used to force an installation even when the new version is the same as the existing version

Hi new install of Unraid 6.4.0_rc10b - I cannot seem to download the CA , I pasted the url from page 1, and it just sits there... I am on my win10 machine trying to install from the gui ..  see the picture , please advise what i am doing wrong.  just tried the fix common problems plugin and it does the same thing as the picture below. it's like i am not connected to the net....

ca.JPG

Edited by ajgoyt
not enough info
17 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

I'm trying to install the mfi docker but can't find it on the appstore, docker hub search is enable, it's this one:

https://hub.docker.com/r/darco/mfi-controller/

Or this one apparently more recent, but can I install a docker fro github?

https://github.com/darconeous/docker-mfi-controller

docker files from github have to be manually built.  But, CA will pull and convert your first one if you search for darco/mfi-controller

• 2 weeks later...

I just moved to version 6.4 and seem to be having an issue with CA...

CA just hangs when trying to update the application list.  I've tried setting a static DNS to googles servers, but no such luck.  I am seeing the following error in the log and want to rule out CA as the culprit before tearing my network apart.  Thanks!

Jan 22 08:35:13 SERVERNAME nginx: 2018/01/22 08:35:13 [error] 9096#9096: *61358 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.151, server: , request: "POST /plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "SERVERNAME", referrer: "http://SERVERNAME/Apps"

1 hour ago, Spritzup said:

I just moved to version 6.4 and seem to be having an issue with CA...

CA just hangs when trying to update the application list.  I've tried setting a static DNS to googles servers, but no such luck.  I am seeing the following error in the log and want to rule out CA as the culprit before tearing my network apart.  Thanks!

Jan 22 08:35:13 SERVERNAME nginx: 2018/01/22 08:35:13 [error] 9096#9096: *61358 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.151, server: , request: "POST /plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "SERVERNAME", referrer: "http://SERVERNAME/Apps"

First and foremost, make sure that CA is up to date

3 hours ago, joshuaavalon said:

How can I kill a user script? I kill the script but it still show script running in web UI.

Should be posting in the user.scripts support thread.  Are you saying that when killing the script in user scripts UI that it still shows that its running?

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Should be posting in the user.scripts support thread.  Are you saying that when killing the script in user scripts UI that it still shows that its running?

No, I mean I kill my script in terminal using kill <PID>. But the GUI still shows it is running unless I click abort script. Is there a way to stop it in command line?