[Plug-In] Community Applications

12 minutes ago, cheesemarathon said:

Just made a change to the xmlTemplate for one of my containers. How long does it take for unRAID to realise there is an update available and how does it know this? 

Thanks

Updates are done every 2 hours

• Like 1

Well.  One of my disks has just gone into an error state.  I'm wondering if the weird delays were because of this impending failure. (Both my data drives are not nas drives, and are pretty old. Luckily my 4tb parity drive is a new acquisition. Time to buy a drive I guess.  

Off to  research about drive replacement procedures, and to ask questions in another forum, but will ask here in this inappropriate place too..  I have enough space on the working drive to accept all the data that would be on the failed one.  Is it possible to just remove the failed drive, and rebuild to the remaining drive while I wait for my replacement?  

Thanks to some help, my drive is back up and going. (Thanks all.)  Would you mind looking at my initial problem again?  To get a better idea of what i'm talking about I slapped a program together so that I could record a container install with on screen timer, and attached diagnostics after completion.  Attaching both to this message.  First screen update happens after the minute mark, second happens just after the 3 minute mark. 3rd is pretty quick because the screen updates when the install finishes.  So basically, 3 total screen updates for a couchDB install.   

EDIT: Well, the problem isn't on the server, apparently something has recently gone wonky with my system.  I've worked around the issue by creating a browser docker that I can use with vnc, and everything works as expected.  (Doesn't seem to be browser specific on my windows machine, all browsers behave the same, so i'll be cleaning up and trying to track down the problem)  

tower-diagnostics-20180310-1120.zip 

Stack 1520703279 _ 3_10_2018 11_11_30 AM.mp4

Edited by sturgismike
Problem worked around
35 minutes ago, primeval_god said:

Is docker template updating part of Community Applications or the underlying unRAID Dockerman? Is it supported for template repositories entered through the "Docker Repositories" tab?

I was doing a simple docker add using the community applications, and not a docker from outside the fold.  The only entered repository is https://github.com/limetech/docker-templates  

I have just tried to updating one of my already installed dockers from the docker tab, and the same issue appears, so i'm now thinking its not CA specific.  On the docker tab, I click to update a docker, the overlay that is supposed to show status updates appears, but similar to installing using CA, status updates are few and far between.  It was working great, then stopped.  My other machine (that is far less capable) still works as expected.  Since its starting to appear that it isn't CA based, which forum should I take this to?  

If I haven't answered a question properly, its most likely that I don't yet have enough knowledge to understand the question.  

Edit: The only other thing I can think of that I did around the time this started to happen, is I provisioned an ssl cert through limetech, but since everything else is working amazingly well, i'm doubtful that there is a connection.

Edited by sturgismike
Additional information
46 minutes ago, primeval_god said:

Is docker template updating part of Community Applications or the underlying unRAID Dockerman? Is it supported for template repositories entered through the "Docker Repositories" tab?

Zero point (and not even recommended) to add anything to the Docker Repositories section at all.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Zero point (and not even recommended) to add anything to the Docker Repositories section at all.

I have a github repo of templates which I have created for my own use and thus far have not shared. Currently I use the Docker Repositories section to give myself access to this repo.

6 hours ago, Duniac said:

Hi All,

I new to Unraid and I've downloaded 6.4.1, but this plugin pack doesn't seem to be complatible with it, should I try 6.4.0?

Community Applications is definitely compatible. Could you show us what makes you think it isn't? Have you installed any other plugins? Probably the best approach is to start without any plugins, and install Community Applications first, since it will help you install anything else.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, primeval_god said:

I have a github repo of templates which I have created for my own use and thus far have not shared. Currently I use the Docker Repositories section to give myself access to this repo.

Adding the repository for dockerMan to manage is no worries.

If you want CA to be able to manage the templates, then store the .xml's within /config/plugins/community.applications/private/SomeNameHere/ on the flash drive

Edited by Squid
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, trurl said:

Community Applications is definitely compatible. Could you show us what makes you think it isn't? Have you installed any other plugins? Probably the best approach is to start without any plugins, and install Community Applications first, since it will help you install anything else.

I installed Community Applications, which is the only plugin installed.  However, I can only view two of the applications contained within the plugin.

1 minute ago, gtroyp said:

something outside of my orbit? 

Outside of both of ours.  Outage started ~an hour ago.  I usually wait a couple of hours to see if the appFeed fixes itself before I bug the guys who host it.

3 minutes ago, gtroyp said:

if I switch to Legacy Mode, everything works peachy

And that's why Legacy Mode exists  :D

• Like 2

I just updated to latest and now my apps tab has disappeared and if I go to /apps it's a blank page...

Here's my recent log:

Mar 23 18:26:09 DAX emhttpd: req (2): cmd=/plugins/community.applications/scripts/updatePLG.sh&arg1=community.applications.plg&csrf_token=****************
Mar 23 18:26:09 DAX emhttpd: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/scripts/updatePLG.sh community.applications.plg
Mar 23 18:26:10 DAX root: plugin: running: anonymous
Mar 23 18:26:10 DAX root: plugin: skipping: /boot/config/plugins/community.applications/community.applications-2018.03.15.txz already exists
Mar 23 18:26:10 DAX root: plugin: running: /boot/config/plugins/community.applications/community.applications-2018.03.15.txz

I figure I can maybe fix it by rebooting my server - but is there any way to just restart just the apps plugin so I don't have to reboot?

If I had to guess, you tried to update twice.  The first time failed (error would've appeared), the second worked, but a basic flaw in a package manager trashed the install.

3 minutes ago, tribble222 said:

I figure I can maybe fix it by rebooting my server - but is there any way to just restart just the apps plugin so I don't have to reboot?

Uninstall CA from the plugins tab (it'll be there with a jigsaw icon), then reinstall should do the trick.  If it doesn't, a reboot will definitely do it.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg
  • Like 1

Hello,

I am having issues with the install of the Community apps. it says its installed and shows up in the plugins however the apps is missing from the GUI and when i try to click the app to run it goes to apps but shows me a white screen. Running on 6.5.0.stable, and used your suggestion above and it worked like a charm. IDk whats different but thanks.

Edited by MBMWR
left out info
Hello,

I am having issues with the install of the Community apps. it says its installed and shows up in the plugins however the apps is missing from the GUI and when i try to click the app to run it goes to apps but shows me a white screen. Running on 6.5.0.stable, and used your suggestion above and it worked like a charm. IDk whats different but thanks.
There's currently an issue that affects a minority of users and the docker tab,dashboard, and apps tab. If you're affected you'll see nginx timeouts in your syslog.

Upgrading to the latest "next" version of unRaid should hopefully fix