[Plug-In] Community Applications

Rather than share via PM here's my weeks story mainly because IDGAS anymore

Fly out to the beautiful (name redacted) on Sunday to do an installation of a bunch of wifi gaming units at 2 separate location

- parent company ships out the wrong associated equipment

- parent company didn't think it was necessary to preprogram the APs and Routers

- parent company thought it would be a good idea to ship power injectors that were incompatible with the APs

- I managed to find power injectors locally (in the middle of nowhere remember) that were compatible. Big plus is that company I found them from took pity and gave them to us for nothing. Big con is that boss decided that it was his idea and his work that found them.

- Go to fly back and was refused entry into the plane because licence was expired. (Who ever looks at their licence anymore and relies on the govt to tell them that it's about to expire, which of course they decided not to do for some weird reason that only makes sense to the govt)

- now it's Friday of course. Get the wife to leave work and go home to grab my passport which I know isn't expired.

- get in a huge argument with wife because I want her to go after work to the local UPS Depot to ship it out to me, but apparently that's too much aggravation because it's 10 minutes out of her way and she had plans to go to her mother's after work.

- call my mother and get her to drive 20 minutes to my wife's work, grab my passport, drive 10 minutes to UPS, pay the$130 for air delivery on a Saturday to the middle of nowhere then drive 30 min back home .

- discover airline (who's fault all of this is in the first place by allowing me to fly in the first place by not checking the expiry ) is going to charge me an extra $500 (difference in flight costs)

- boss states well its all your problem and deal with it.

- closest bar available where I can deal with it is a 20 minute walk from hotel

- bar band sucks

- hotel instead of giving me their advertised price upped it by $50

- airport shuttle service *if* I get the passport won't guarantee that they will pick me up and get me home because they're criminals and got you by the balls

- Oh and also forgot that the airline didn't grab my checked luggage off of the plane (100% in violation of the law) so I'm stuck with a cell phone, a laptop, and a cell phone charger, but no gitch, socks or decent clothes so can't even go out try to make the best of a very bad situation

- additionally, the day I flew out happened to be my wedding anniversary so the wife was just a tad pissed to begin with.

EDIT. this is a real quick summary. The actual goings on over the last week are far worse than described

I have tried everything I can think of to fix this problem. Is the Community Applications Down?

Download of appfeed failed.

Community Applications requires your server to have internet access. The most common cause of this failure is a failure to resolve DNS addresses. You can try and reset your modem and router to fix this issue, or set static DNS addresses (Settings - Network Settings) of8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and try again.

Alternatively, there is also a chance that the server handling the application feed is temporarily down. Switching CA to operate in Legacy Mode might temporarily allow you to still utilize CA.

It *appears* that a partial download of the application feed happened (or is malformed), therefore it is probable that the application feed is temporarily down. Switch to Legacy Mode, or try again later)
Last JSON error Recorded: JSON Error: Control character error, possibly incorrectly encoded

Support Thread

Community Applications Version: 2018.05.23
4 hours ago, saarg said:

You sure don't like to read a few posts before yours ?

Where Aptalca says server was rebooted? I think ucliker thinks he was referring to Aptalca's unraid server, not whatever's hosting the app feed, which is what assume Aptalca was talking about.

6 minutes ago, jonesy8485 said:

Where Aptalca says server was rebooted? I think ucliker thinks he was referring to Aptalca's unraid server, not whatever's hosting the app feed, which is what assume Aptalca was talking about.

Much of the last 2 pages of this thread has been about the recent app feed problems so any recent post would have been a clue.

2 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Passport showed up then?

Stressful morning...

Tracking via laptop showed that the package never left the originating airport, and was stuck there.

Tracking via my phone (website) showed that the package never left the originating airport, but was somehow miraculously out for delivery

Tracking via the mobile app alternated between never leaving and out for delivery every time I hit refresh.

• Like 1

Yup, I should have clarified. I rebooted the server that hosts the appfeed (restarted the container rather) and it started working. No clue what the issue was. But then again, my years of providing tech support to extended family taught me that the first step of turning things off and back on tends to fix 95% of the problems lol

• Like 2
On 6/2/2018 at 8:38 AM, jonesy8485 said:

Yes, that is exactly what I thought. Like usual someone has to make a smartass remark, hence why I rarely come on these forums anymore. I appreciate all the hard work that is put into these applications but being a little more professional goes a long way. 

Yes, that is exactly what I thought. Like usual someone has to make a smartass remark, hence why I rarely come on these forums anymore. I appreciate all the hard work that is put into these applications but being a little more professional goes a long way. 

You've got to remember though is that most of the long time members or posters do joke around with each other, and occasionally sometimes come across too terse.

But, if this forum, and especially this thread ever becomes "professional" then I'd quit
3 hours ago, Squid said:

You've got to remember though is that most of the long time members or posters do joke around with each other, and occasionally sometimes come across too terse.

But, if this forum, and especially this thread ever becomes "professional" then I'd quit

I don't think you'd ever quit drinking...

• Upvote 2

Gotta remember that we're volunteers not representatives of LimeTech and, consequently as we're doing this in our spare time we often joke with one another.

I'm like Squid, if I have to be professional whilst I help out here, I quit.

To be fair, the LimeTech staff are always professional, so don't judge them by the rest of us.

Laughing at Squid getting stranded in a far away land is a rare highlight in my otherwise rather serious life at work when I do put my professional hat very firmly on.

6 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Laughing at Squid getting stranded in a far away land is a rare highlight in my otherwise rather serious life at work when I do put my professional hat very firmly on.

It wasn't quite in the middle of nowhere.  I mean, there was a bar that was a 20 minute walk away.  Of course it closed at 8:30pm, but there was another bar 20 minutes further up the road that stayed open late.  The hotel didn't have any restaurant of any sort, but they did have a bubble-gum machine, so at least I didn't starve :)

• Like 1
On 6/4/2018 at 4:25 PM, Squid said:

I understand where you and the other longtime members are coming from but It just seems like every time I ask a question on any forum lately nothing is taken seriously. I agree that this should be a friendly place where anyone can come and "joke around" but at the same time, it is a paid service. Anyway, I'm glad everything is up and running. Now I just need to figure out this stupid warning that I had fixed prior to my last update.

On 6/5/2018 at 8:25 AM, CHBMB said:

Gotta remember that we're volunteers not representatives of LimeTech and, consequently as we're doing this in our spare time we often joke with one another.

I'm like Squid, if I have to be professional whilst I help out here, I quit.

To be fair, the LimeTech staff are always professional, so don't judge them by the rest of us.

I had no Idea that you guys were volunteers, I thought you were employees of Limetech. My apologies I honestly thought this was the support forum for the company.