[Plug-In] Community Applications

6 minutes ago, ucliker said:

I had no Idea that you guys were volunteers, I thought you were employees of Limetech. My apologies I honestly thought this was the support forum for the company. 

It is the company support forum, but most of us are just Unraid users who try and help other users.  @limetech @jonp and @eschultz are the only LimeTech staff members.

Unraid has a very enthusiastic user base, and a flourishing community dev scene, most of the mods are here for the love of it too.

And just to be clear, your purchase the software, not the support, there are paid support services, but the forum should be considered user to user support generally, although the LimeTech chaps will jump on things that are important.

No way would they employee people like Squid and Me, ain't nobody that desperate for staff.....

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

It is the company support forum, but most of us are just Unraid users who try and help other users.  @limetech @jonp and @eschultz are the only LimeTech staff members.

Unraid has a very enthusiastic user base, and a flourishing community dev scene, most of the mods are here for the love of it too.

And just to be clear, your purchase the software, not the support, there are paid support services, but the forum should be considered user to user support generally, although the LimeTech chaps will jump on things that are important.

No way would they employee people like Squid and Me, ain't nobody that desperate for staff.....

Thanks for the info. Oh so anyone can add Dockers etc to the community applications?

On 8/21/2016 at 4:42 PM, bonienl said:

Bloat, why?

CA does everything for me... and more ;D

ca-tools.png.8bd94dbcbf7589b9a44a16a5fe2aa6c4.png

On 8/21/2016 at 4:51 PM, bonienl said:

Then I must have the preliminary very special version  ;)

ca-tools1.png.8d8ac0bf9b48c31c00185d892ebbfd2a.png

Anyone have any further ideas on what CA proper (CA, not other plugins) should have put into it?  (other than @bonienl)  What is it missing?  What does it do poorly that needs to be improved?

Anyone have any further ideas on what CA proper (CA, not other plugins) should have put into it?  (other than [mention=2736]bonienl[/mention])  What is it missing?  What does it do poorly that needs to be improved?
I tried "sudo make me a sandwich" once but it was not a success. I'd like to see those Sandwich maker and relationship Manager modules

Seriously my current headache is from managing container size in the image file. I have a leak somewhere but the commands and tools to diagnose are quite useless. The sandwich maker's uptime demands don't make for an easy work environment either.

That being said it's probably not a match to the CA feature set.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

For some reason my app search on just one of my servers has stopped working. Not sure if it has worked recently but not had any prompts now that i think about it. I am unable to retrieve anything although i still do get the three 'random' apps of the day so, to me, that indicates my access is still ok. I do get the search boxes ie home, installed etc being returned and my settings are still at default. The other two servers on the same network are both ok. Search immediately returns the expected results. Any ideas chaps? Running 6.5.2 for info.

Update ... just updated to 6.5.3, still the same. I AM able to update all dockets its just the retrieval of app list that isnt working for me. Possible that somethings full somewhere??

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

On 6/13/2018 at 2:00 PM, Squid said:

Anyone have any further ideas on what CA proper (CA, not other plugins) should have put into it?  (other than @bonienl)  What is it missing?  What does it do poorly that needs to be improved?

Any thought on perhaps a semi-currated list of Guides and HowTos for popular plugins or dockers? Thats about all that came to mind when thinking what else it could offer built-in, like a really extended help section.

Or maybe a "search on the forums" web page section that specifies this forum site for Google or Bing search engines, since the forum built in searching capability is such shit...

Any thought on perhaps a semi-currated list of Guides and HowTos for popular plugins or dockers? Thats about all that came to mind when thinking what else it could offer built-in, like a really extended help section.

Or maybe a "search on the forums" web page section that specifies this forum site for Google or Bing search engines, since the forum built in searching capability is such shit...
Further to that I'm sure a lot of newbies would really appreciate links to the space Invader one videos aka gridrunner, he's done some amazing work.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, superloopy1 said:

For some reason my app search on just one of my servers has stopped working. Not sure if it has worked recently but not had any prompts now that i think about it. I am unable to retrieve anything although i still do get the three 'random' apps of the day so, to me, that indicates my access is still ok. I do get the search boxes ie home, installed etc being returned and my settings are still at default. The other two servers on the same network are both ok. Search immediately returns the expected results. Any ideas chaps? Running 6.5.2 for info.

Update ... just updated to 6.5.3, still the same. I AM able to update all dockets its just the retrieval of app list that isnt working for me. Possible that somethings full somewhere??

Not a real good idea on this one.

1. Does selecting a category bring up results?
  2. Does clicking on the author's name bring up results?
  3. What browser are you using?
  4. Is this a touch screen laptop?
37 minutes ago, Wisnaeme said:

Currently getting a 404 on the CA plugin url. Any ideas?
Been down for a couple of hours just as I need to setup a new server. ?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg

This works here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg

Your link has some added characters if you copy the link address and paste it in a browser. 

Not a real good idea on this one.

1. Does selecting a category bring up results?
  2. Does clicking on the author's name bring up results?
  3. What browser are you using?
  4. Is this a touch screen laptop?
Sorry for being late back on this one. I "think" this was being caused by the preclear plugin. Once removed everything sprung back to life. All ok again.

Just now, superloopy1 said:

caused by the preclear plugin.

The preclear plugin injects code into each and every page in unRaid's GUI for some inexplicable reason.

I know that its a guarantee that how I intend certain things to look are modified slightly because of that because the preclear plugin redefines unRaid's CSS and causes some display aberrations.  

4 minutes ago, superloopy1 said:

Once removed everything sprung back to life

While its the first report to my knowledge of this, I can't really say that I'm surprised.  My opinion on preclear is if you do wish to run preclears, then only install the plugin when you are actually going to be using it.  If it's not being used, then uninstall it (and the companion plugin statistics)

• Upvote 1

Thats exactly how i've just said i intend to use it in the preclear support thread ... you must be a mind reader

While its the first report to my knowledge of this, I can't really say that I'm surprised.  My opinion on preclear is if you do wish to run preclears, then only install the plugin when you are actually going to be using it.  If it's not being used, then uninstall it (and the companion plugin statistics)

Actually, I toned down my response.  The CSS thing aggravates me to no end (mainly because I spent 3 hours trying to figure out why the display wasn't working right when it did the day before).  If further reports come through about it actually interfering with CA beyond a display aberration, then I will no doubt lose my shit.

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, jj_uk said:

I think i've found a bug in this Community Applications (CA).

Open the log file in chrome to a docker that is updating the log quite a bit. Chrome starts to hang after a while, then it complains the page is not responsive and offers to kill the window.

So log file viewing in chrome somehow crashes Chrome.

7 minutes ago, jj_uk said:

Open the log file in chrome to a docker that is updating the log quite a bit. Chrome starts to hang after a while, then it complains the page is not responsive and offers to kill the window.

So log file viewing in chrome somehow crashes Chrome.

Nothing to do with CA at all (its on the Docker Page).  If anything, this is a Dynamix thing because it doesn't do a "tail" on a docker log (undecided if its for right or for wrong).

Here's what's going on.  When the Chrome window get a new line to display it winds up having to regenerate the entire thing.  It all takes time.  As more and more lines get added, the longer it takes, until finally Chrome says that the page isn't responsive (because it itself hasn't finished rendering).

Edited by Squid
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1