[Plug-In] Community Applications

2 minutes ago, planetix said:

Github now reporting they are failing over a data storage system. I don't know if that means you'll need to re-sync your changes when done Squid but there you have it.

Git works.  Its GitHub.com (the front end) that's failing at the moment.  Once the posting states service back to normal I'll figure out what I need to do, if anything.

So I am unable to do anything with the apps tab shows this.

"An update to Community Applications is Available. Click HERE to install the update

Select a Section or Category above

An error occurred. Could not find any Random Apps of the day"

Also when i click on the HERE for the update it says

"Getting update information...
Installing update...
plugin: updating: community.applications.plg
plugin: file doesn't exist or xml parse error"

3 minutes ago, Medikherb said:

So I am unable to do anything with the apps tab shows this.

"An update to Community Applications is Available. Click HERE to install the update

Select a Section or Category above

An error occurred. Could not find any Random Apps of the day"

Also when i click on the HERE for the update it says

"Getting update information...
Installing update...
plugin: updating: community.applications.plg
plugin: file doesn't exist or xml parse error"

https://status.github.com/messages

Now that everything is all back to normal, and I've got a couple of minutes, here's the low-down on the 21st's update

- Remove Legacy mode (pointless as a backup with new appfeed)
- Remove Developer Mode (related to Legacy Mode removal)

Legacy mode was always only in there is a backup for the circumstance of if the primary application feed went down (since I was not in control of the feed).  Due to the nature of the replacement appfeed system, if it goes down then Legacy mode will not work either.  Hence the code was pointless.

- Remove most post-processing of templates (appfeed now does this automatically)

Now the vast majority of checks, fixes etc are performed by the application feed itself instead of by CA.  Net result is that CA now only downloads a single processed file resulting in lower bandwidth and faster initialization.

- Changed: Now passthrough full description to dockerMan

Previously, CA sent through to dockerMan when installing a template a watered down Overview that wouldn't have had any formatting etc within it.  Now, CA sends through the unaltered overview for the user to see when installing a template.  Note that the appfeed still applies certain checks to the unaltered overview, and malicious code results in automatic blacklisting.

- Fixed: Prevent edge case of CA installing the same version of a plugin already installed

Hopefully these changes solve the weird case that pops up occasionally of where during an update the apps tab disappears completely.

- Changed: Pick up CA update available from appfeed

Now, whether or not you have unRaid checking for plugins, or on whatever frequency you may run it, CA will always let you know if it is out of date.  This is grabbed straight from the appfeed itself, so you may see that CA knows that an update is available but the plugins tab shows that there is no update available (trust me: CA is right :) )  As usual, you can install the update for CA either directly from CA or the plugins tab (after checking for updates).

Edited by Squid
  • Upvote 1

image.png.ef8a9063549fcb89a794fb27ce0749dd.png

If you can associate with Bubbles, then today's update finally gets around to supporting the Dynamix feature since 6.6.2 of Default Font Size (it also will support it via your Browser's setting if it has it).

Basically, everything will be resized according to whatever the font-size is set to.

Other changes:

- Fix regression error on what happens if browser window is resized
- Update credits
- Relocate search for easier CSS maintenance
- Fixed: Under certain circumstances, Swiping on mobile device to change page would display no results
- Fixed: Prevent plugins from getting categorized twice

Oh, and also suppress an error that IE always complained about in the HTML.  This does not mean however that CA is compatible with IE (it has problems with the popups.  CA is also 100% incompatible with Netscape Navigator ;) )

Edited by Squid

Sumthin' odd happened. Tried to install a new container and got dumped to the screen to build my own template, hit back and got dumped to my server's homepage. Noticed there was an update to the Community app available, installed it successfully according to the dialog, interface seemed a little slow, went back to install the container and my Apps tab was missing. Seen this before so I tried to remove the CA plugin and the dialog told me it wasn't there and it got removed from the interface. Used the URL here to reinstall and the tab hasn't come back but I appear to be on the 10-28a release successfully.

I can see from above it looks like GitHub may be having issues, the status page linked says they're still "red" as of this morning. Not to pile on but just wanted to let you know things still might be dorked up. Might explain why the initial container attempt failed too. <shrug> No biggie, I'll play with other things. Really appreciate the effort and the software for sure!

Ah, I see what's going on! Looks like a file is corrupt.

+==============================================================================
| Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/community.applications/community.applications-2018.10.28a-x86_64-1.txz

Verifying package community.applications-2018.10.28a-x86_64-1.txz.
Unable to install /boot/config/plugins/community.applications/community.applications-2018.10.28a-x86_64-1.txz: tar archive is corrupt (tar returned error code 2)

6 hours ago, BLKMGK said:

Ah, I see what's going on! Looks like a file is corrupt.

| Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/community.applications/community.applications-2018.10.28a-x86_64-1.txz

Unable to install /boot/config/plugins/community.applications/community.applications-2018.10.28a-x86_64-1.txz: tar archive is corrupt (tar returned error code 2)

Just did an uninstall / reinstall with no problems.  All I can suggest is to delete /config/plugins/community.applications from the flash drive and try it again.

Hmm, some weirdness. I removed the plg manually and the directory as well, no joy. Put the directory back and it refuses to install as it says this is the same version. Replaced the PLG with a copy from the "old versions" directory. It attempts to install but again claims that the file is corrupt. I can open the file via 7zip and extract the tar, I can open that file too with 7zip. Both the PLG and the TXZ have current file dates with versions that match the latest. Permissions issue or some weirdness maybe?

Something funky going on, I think I'll reboot when I'm able and with crossed fingers see if things return to normal :(

Okay, bounced it and the apps tab is back. It also acted as if this was the first time installing the plug-in which seems right. Dunno', something maybe screwed up tar? Doesn't look like an issue on your end so I'll shrug and keep on trucking :D

I am also having this tar issue and am unable to install it. I wonder if i can revert it to the older version?

plugin: downloading: https://raw.github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/archive/community.applications-2018.10.28a-x86_64-1.txz ... done

8 hours ago, antmanlfe said:

I am also having this tar issue and am unable to install it. I wonder if i can revert it to the older version?

I would delete config/plugins/community.applications.plg from the flash drive (and config/plugins/community.applications), reboot then reinstall.  I've done another clean install / reinstall and there is no problem with the txz.  I'd guess an issue with RAM or the flash drive (or GitHub was just deciding to not play nice with you)

Today's update is a priority update (in at least my opinion).  In the course of testing a user's problem with a particular application, I found that CA was pulling the wrong application if 2 or more applications were named 100% identically.  This was caused mainly by a minor change in the application feed to lower its bandwidth requirements. (in this case, it was qbittorent).  Any issue which results in pulling the wrong application is treated as priority to me.

This is fixed now, but the real change is what happens if you should resize your browser when its on CA.  Much, much, much faster now at regenerating the display.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, TheInfamousWaffles said:

Lame, I like the 6.6 spinner.

At least update it to something new, the CA spinner is dated.

My problem with 6.6's spinner is that it just plain looks like crap when it's overlaid against CA's templates.  So, for the entire 6.6 run thus far I've been having CA blank the display whenever the spinner would normally show up.  And I still didn't like the spinner either, so I just went with the blank display.  Finally decided the other day to just go with what I like, as I'm the one who winds up staring at CA day after day after day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1