[Plug-In] Community Applications

Hi all,

Read through the forums and see lots of posts of feeds not working in the Community Apps plugin but I didn't really see any resolutions.  I waited a few days to see if it was the plugin and even rolled-back and uninstalled and reinstalled.  Got the DNS set just like described, but no luck. This worked perfectly for years now it's just hosed and i cannot seem to find any errors or logs that say what's the real problem.  If anyone has any clue what i should do i would be so very grateful.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Uninstall then reinstall CA.  Does it install or does it return errors?

No errors it reinstalls just fine.  I even have the correct community.applications-2018.12.01-x86_64-1.txz in the community.applications folder in /flash/config/plugins.  Just does not pull down the latest feed.  Shows my recently installed apps which just no feed & search.  Just trying to weed out what it could be thank you for your reply.

49 minutes ago, Squid said:

Are you actually using IPv6?  What happens if you reset the MTU in network settings back down to its default of 1500?

Alright set the MTU back down to 1500 and rebooted and still getting the same results.  This is driving me mad!

EDIT:  Added in the routing table not sure why Unraid is assigning this out or if it's breaking community apps.

routing_table.png

Edited by dan15711111
Added ScreenShot
1 hour ago, dan15711111 said:

EDIT:  Added in the routing table not sure why Unraid is assigning this out or if it's breaking community apps.

Not sure.  Looks like you can delete that 2nd entry though.

The weird thing is that you can install the plugin, but it doesn't download anything.

Can you reboot, then hit the Apps Tab wait for it to error out, then from the terminal / command prompt, post the output of

ls /tmp/community.applications/tempFiles

By the way, does the "Updating Applications" stay there for ~45 seconds?

Edited by Squid

Also, would you characterize your internet speed as

• So fast that a page is loaded before I even click the link
  • I'm paying way too much
  • My kids complain about it all the time
  • My mother doesn't seem to mind it
  • I might as well get showered and drive to the library if I need something from wikipedia.

And is your geographic region

• I know who Bob & Doug McKenzie are
  • I know the words and how to dance to the Macarena
  • My life won't be complete until I see Neil Diamond in concert - he is a god after all
  • Everyone seems to talk with funny accents
  • Meh, but at least I know what "Whitehouse" refers to in Dogs (3 different kinds)
  • Water circles down the toilet the opposite direction
  • If I look at someone the wrong way I'm going to have to worry about going to jail.
Edited by Squid
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Squid said:

Not sure.  Looks like you can delete that 2nd entry though.

The weird thing is that you can install the plugin, but it doesn't download anything.

Can you reboot, then hit the Apps Tab wait for it to error out, then from the terminal / command prompt, post the output of

ls /tmp/community.applications/tempFiles

By the way, does the "Updating Applications" stay there for ~45 seconds?

Absolutely here you are:

***@SomeDumbUnraidServer:~# ls /tmp/community.applications/tempFiles
CA-Temp-6ERVzS  CA-Temp-dVYsXC  lastUpdated-old.json  templates-community-apps/
CA-Temp-MFY92Z  CA-Temp-hSWL9q  lastUpdated.json

And to answer the last question:

1.)  Internet Speed: 1000Mb/s Down and 35Mb/s Up

2.)  If I look at someone the wrong way I'm going to have to worry about going to jail.  Also, water spins clockwise here.

EDIT: 

It takes less than 45 seconds to throw up that the error message on the screen about being connected to the internet.

Edited by dan15711111
Additional Information
10 minutes ago, dan15711111 said:

2.)  If I look at someone the wrong way I'm going to have to worry about going to jail.  Also, water spins clockwise here

ok.  Does the updating apps message stay there for ~45 seconds?  And are you sure you don't know the words to the Macarena or want to see Neil Diamond

I don't think you rebooted and hit the apps tab before posting the output, but can you 

ls -ail /tmp/community.applications/tempFiles

followed by

cp /tmp/community.applications/tempFiles/CA-Temp-xxxxxx /boot/CA-Temp

Replace xxxx with the name of the largest file present in the list (the size is the 6th column) and then attach the file here that's copied to the flash drive

Edited by Squid
22 minutes ago, Squid said:

ok.  Does the updating apps message stay there for ~45 seconds?  And are you sure you don't know the words to the Macarena or want to see Neil Diamond

I don't think you rebooted and hit the apps tab before posting the output, but can you 

ls -ail /tmp/community.applications/tempFiles

followed by

cp /tmp/community.applications/tempFiles/CA-Temp-xxxxxx /boot/CA-Temp

Replace xxxx with the name of the largest file present in the list (the size is the 6th column) and then attach the file here that's copied to the flash drive

Ok so the output even before i attempt to give you an empty file looks like this:

*****@SomeDumbUnraidServer:~# ls -ail /tmp/community.applications/tempFiles
total 8
18586 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 200 Dec  9 16:39 ./

18585 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root  60 Dec  9 13:26 ../
   47923 -rw------- 1 root root   0 Dec  9 13:27 CA-Temp-6ERVzS
   82793 -rw------- 1 root root   0 Dec  9 13:31 CA-Temp-MFY92Z
1007166 -rw------- 1 root root   0 Dec  9 16:11 CA-Temp-dVYsXC
  117632 -rw------- 1 root root   0 Dec  9 13:37 CA-Temp-hSWL9q

1159079 -rw------- 1 root root   0 Dec  9 16:39 CA-Temp-rSZ9Mt
58568 -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root  44 Dec  9 16:11 lastUpdated-old.json
1161761 -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root  44 Dec  9 16:39 lastUpdated.json
1159078 drwxrwxrwx 2 root root  40 Dec  9 16:39 templates-community-apps/

All the CA-Temp-**** are 0 but I will give you the latest one I have.  The rSZ9Mt just showed up

Thank you again.

EDIT: Is it possible I can curl the file I need to get this moving in the right direction and copy it somewhere to try and force it to work?

CA-Temp

Edited by dan15711111
Other Information
1 hour ago, Squid said:

Yeah, don't need to see an empty file.

Save the attached file to your flash drive then

installpkg /boot/community.applications-2018.12.09a-x86_64-1.txz

Does that make a difference?

community.applications-2018.12.09a-x86_64-1.txz

The apps Tab no shows up but cannot get passed the disclaimer and it didn't get installed into the plugins folder as well.

EDIT: Re-installed community apps from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg

Then I ran the install from the boot and still no luck

EDIT AGAIN:

Rebooted and ran the same commands as before 

****@Unraid:~# ls /tmp/community.applications/tempFiles
CA-Temp-ArTtk2        lastUpdated.json
lastUpdated-old.json  templates-community-apps/
****@Unraid:~# ls -ail /tmp/community.applications/tempFiles
total 8
19666 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 120 Dec  9 18:01 ./
19665 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root  60 Dec  9 18:00 ../
43985 -rw------- 1 root root   0 Dec  9 18:01 CA-Temp-ArTtk2
49911 -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root  44 Dec  9 18:01 lastUpdated-old.json
49910 -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root  44 Dec  9 18:01 lastUpdated.json
43984 drwxrwxrwx 2 root root  40 Dec  9 18:01 templates-community-apps/

Looks like the same output as before unfortunately.  And still no app feed.

Edited by dan15711111
Updated information
41 minutes ago, dan15711111 said:

The apps Tab no shows up but cannot get passed the disclaimer and it didn't get installed in to the plugins folder as well.

Took a couple of readings of this, but that makes sense.  You had CA uninstalled prior to running the command.

Still not making a whole lot of sense to me as to why you can download and install (presumably via the url link) CA, but can't grab the appfeed.  They are both hosted on the same server.  The v2018.12.09a had a different command to and eliminate it from the equation.

All the temp files are all 0 bytes in length, which implies to me that the download routines aren't even managing to get connected to the files.

Can you try DNS addresses of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 instead.

Hail Mary is to delete or rename /config/network.cfg which will set your network back up as default and get rid of the bonding on your nics.

After that, I'm basically out of real good ideas.

Where do you actually live?

1 hour ago, dan15711111 said:

EDIT: Is it possible I can curl the file I need to get this moving in the right direction and copy it somewhere to try and force it to work?

Not in the current release.  But, I'll add in provisions for that in the next one (probably due tomorrow)

8 minutes ago, Squid said:

Took a couple of readings of this, but that makes sense.  You had CA uninstalled prior to running the command.

Still not making a whole lot of sense to me as to why you can download and install (presumably via the url link) CA, but can't grab the appfeed.  They are both hosted on the same server.  The v2018.12.09a had a different command to and eliminate it from the equation.

All the temp files are all 0 bytes in length, which implies to me that the download routines aren't even managing to get connected to the files.

Can you try DNS addresses of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 instead.

Hail Mary is to delete or rename /config/network.cfg which will set your network back up as default and get rid of the bonding on your nics.

After that, I'm basically out of real good ideas.

Where do you actually live?

Yes, I agree this is making no sense to me either.  The bonding of the NICs uses LACP and shouldn't be an issue.  I just update the DNS and am doing a reboot.  I will post back when I'm up and running.

I live in Phoenix Arizona.  Never had any strange DNS issues.

EDIT:

Applied DNS settings and rebooted.  Still having the getting no feed error.  

Edited by dan15711111
12 minutes ago, dan15711111 said:

Never had any strange DNS issues.

But on a different note though, on a second glance, it does appear to be downloading a second file fine (the last-updated.json file).  Would have to tear through the code though to confirm.

Check for updates and install today's CA release.  I increased the timeout.  If that still doesn't get you anywhere, then as the fail safe, download https://github.com/Squidly271/AppFeed/raw/master/applicationFeed.json and save it on the flash drive /config/plugins/community.applications/applicationFeed.json

19 minutes ago, dan15711111 said:

I live in Phoenix Arizona

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Squid said:

But on a different note though, on a second glance, it does appear to be downloading a second file fine (the last-updated.json file).  Would have to tear through the code though to confirm.

Check for updates and install today's CA release.  I increased the timeout.  If that still doesn't get you anywhere, then as the fail safe, download https://github.com/Squidly271/AppFeed/raw/master/applicationFeed.json and save it on the flash drive /config/plugins/community.applications/applicationFeed.json

Ok so updating the Plugin did nothing.  But transferring over the json from the link you provided worked!  I wonder if it will stay working or fail soon?!  Anyway I owe you a beer!  You are shiz! Thank you so much!