[Plug-In] Community Applications

8 minutes ago, Embowe said:

Any suggestions for those of us who its not working for? Or perhaps access to the Feb update to see if that changes anything?

Uninstall and re-install hasnt fixed for me either. Happy to submit logs if i can get some instructions.

EDIT- Can confirm that it works in Chrome but not in FireFox. 

Edited by showstopper

Interesting.  FF was the one browser I didn't test with.  I usually only do Brave, Edge, and Chrome unless there's major changes.  

Now I have to figure out what change was made that FF hates, and of course there's no console errors showing in FF.  On the road, so may take a day

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Hammerfest said:

in the LinuxServer.io discord yes, forum thread no, seems like people there pointed to the discord or irc.

"with all info needed to set up diskover. Any unraid specific instructions for common things like adding from dockerhub and editing templates are not a part of our Readmes." is hugely contradictory for anyone not familiar with how linux, dockers, dependencies and unraid work and thus my statement on the advanced tag for it

Will continue on discord or in the other forum thread so as to not clutter CA any further.

I don't understand where you want to go with this. We are not developing unraid and we are not the unraid support team. So I don't see why we should educate people on basic things about setting up containers on unraid. There is also a docker faq with pretty much all info needed for understanding how to use docker in unraid. 

1 hour ago, Embowe said:

Confirmed.... it works with Google Chrome as well...Must be a Firefox issue...

Spent the last hour while at work  narrowing down where the problem lies with FF and I've got the section down that FF decides to puke on without giving any errors for some reason.  *Might* be able to get a release up tonight, but probably not til tomorrow when I'm back home.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Squid said:

Spent the last hour while at work  narrowing down where the problem lies with FF and I've got the section down that FF decides to puke on without giving any errors for some reason.  *Might* be able to get a release up tonight, but probably not til tomorrow when I'm back home.

No worries, if you need a test for FF... let me know.

16 hours ago, Embowe said:

No worries, if you need a test for FF... let me know.

Thanks, but I've got it under control.  As an aside, the last release of CA (2019.02.21) also didn't work correctly with FF.  I know exactly where the problem is, and will be pumping out an update tonight.

You would think that javascript is javascript, but while Chrome, Edge, and Brave all think that 2+2=4, Firefox seems to believe that 2+2=5???

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Squid said:

Firefox seems to believe that 2+2=5???

A classic. Javascript uses the '+' operator as well to concatenate strings, so 2+2 = 22 (if treated as string).

A simple way to ensure arithmetic is 2*1 + 2*1 = 4

Edited by bonienl

I want to install arangodb from dockerhub, but Apps plugin cannot find it... 😟

When I try searching, it cannot find arrangodb in the regular apps, so I use the Click Here To Get More Results From DockerHub. And then the search kinda hangs... the spinner is "vawing" away, and nothing...

Help, please.

9 minutes ago, bonienl said:

A classic. Javascript uses the '+' operator as well to concatenate strings, so 2+2 = 22 (if treated as string).

A simple way to ensure arithmetic is 2*1 + 2*1 = 4

LOL   it was just a simple explanation.  In this case, FF pukes at having an animation then a callback when the animation is completed followed by a post call and when that is returned another animation with a callback.  (Nested callbacks)  Safari had a similar issue with CA a couple years ago with nesting multiple post calls

9 minutes ago, shEiD said:

I want to install arangodb from dockerhub, but Apps plugin cannot find it... 😟

When I try searching, it cannot find arrangodb in the regular apps, so I use the Click Here To Get More Results From DockerHub. And then the search kinda hangs... the spinner is "vawing" away, and nothing...

Help, please.

Sweet.  This looks like it's actually a dockerHub issue.  It appears that the search API doesn't do anything when searching for "arangodb"  If you instead search for "aran" your app will appear (the official version is the 2nd result)

8 minutes ago, Squid said:

Sweet.  This looks like it's actually a dockerHub issue.  It appears that the search API doesn't do anything when searching for "arangodb"  If you instead search for "aran" your app will appear (the official version is the 2nd result)

HA, I actually tried "arango", when I got quite frustrated after trying arangodb for the nth time... it seems I still typed too much 😁

Thanks for a quick answer @Squid

14 minutes ago, shEiD said:

HA, I actually tried "arango", when I got quite frustrated after trying arangodb for the nth time... it seems I still typed too much 😁

Thanks for a quick answer @Squid

After the quick look, the more indepth look revealed that this is actually a CA issue  

Need some more help, please:

I have to provide these 2 environment variables (-e), when running the arangodb docker:

ARANGO_NO_AUTH=1
ARANGO_STORAGE_ENGINE=rocksdb

How do I do that in the template? How/where do I add these? First time adding docker from docker hub 😓

18 hours ago, Squid said:

Can some one try FF again?  I got home and everything is working fine for me.  I do see that a new release of FF was released on 3/27, and maybe it wound up getting installed at some point over the course of today.

I tried today on Unraid 6.6.7, after re-installing Community Applications and using Firefox 66.0.2.  It didn't work for me, hanging on the "Updating Content" message.  Pressing Esc clears the message, and then the animated bars display indefinitely but the apps never appear.

Everything work fine on Brave 0.61.52 (Chromium 73.0) though.

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere in the thread.

CA auto updated sometime in the last few weeks and I now find that when I install a new docker I don't see the progress. The browser (FF) simply spins in "loading page" mode and does not show the  details of the package pulls and install until it either completes or fails. Is this by design? Is there a setting somewhere to change back to old behavior? I really liked watching it as it progressed vs sitting there wondering what is happening.