[Plug-In] Community Applications

You might try adding the ip of your unraid server to the exclusions in your antivirus software.  My bitdefender causes issues with websockets and I think other AV do also.  

Despite adding the exclusion here, something in the last few updates (either ca, or unraid itself) have caused the number of screen updates on my system to drop off, but its still better than it was before the exclusion. 

I just went into exclusions and added the ip of my unraid server.  Its sounding like that isn't it though if you completely disabled BD.  For me, this also fixed the issue where cpu usage and "active" things on the dashboard page weren't updating correctly. 

I think there were recent messages about FF specifically causing problems.  You might check a few messages up, also might make sure there isn't another update sitting there. Pretty sure squid did some type of FF specific fix recently. 

58 minutes ago, erikm101 said:

CA auto updated sometime in the last few weeks and I now find that when I install a new docker I don't see the progress. The browser (FF) simply spins in "loading page" mode and does not show the  details of the package pulls and install until it either completes or fails.

The Add Container page seems to be what you are talking about. After you select a docker from the Apps page you are taken to the Add Container page and are no longer in CA. The Add Container page is builtin and not part of the Community Applications plugin.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

The Add Container page seems to be what you are talking about. After you select a docker from the Apps page you are taken to the Add Container page and are no longer in CA. The Add Container page is builtin and not part of the Community Applications plugin.

I see, didn't realize that was a separate thing. Thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, erikm101 said:

I totally disabled all aspects of BitDefender but still have same issue

I have seen issues where it wasn't possible to completely disable the network filters in an AV product. Sometimes you have to completely uninstall it to make sure it can't interfere. If that works, then you can investigate how to add the necessary whitelist entries.

I have a problem with one of my docker containers. It seems, that I messed up, and deleted it's template. Now I cannot update the image. I keep it running for now, because I wanted to ask before hand and double check:

1. What happens, if I turn it off? If I turn it off, and template is missing, does it disappear from the docker containers list?
  2. What would be the correct way to fix this? Do I simply re-install the container from the App Store? Do I need to delete/remove/clean-up something before reinstalling?

This is how it looks now in the Docker tab list: no template - no link to edit it.

2019-04-04_06-19-35.gif

2 hours ago, shEiD said:
  • What happens, if I turn it off? If I turn it off, and template is missing, does it disappear from the docker containers list?
  •  

You can still restart it

2 hours ago, shEiD said:

Do I simply re-install the container from the App Store?

Yes.  Fill out the template that appears accordingly

I have a problem with a fresh install of unraid and a fresh install of CA.

After installing CA and going to the Apps-Tab, nothing shows up.

I get the left sidebar, but only Menu, Other and Version are clickable. And indeed, when looking at the source code, all entries beneath Category don't have a "onclick"-Event assigned. (Search also does not work)

Furthermore going into Statistics, last change is "December 31, 1969 @ 4:00 pm", while the unix time stamp clearly states 2019-04-05 16:00.

Number of Repositories is 119, and template Errors 87+. Other than the last two entries everything else is at 0.

At this point I did a clean install of CA, then unraid (and CA). Honestly I'm out of ideas by now... Any help would be appreciated.

I am using Chrome,
The laptop is just for testing purposes, I have a production server already set up at another location, 

but as it is already being used with currently 6 VMs and many shares, 

there is no way I can use that for testing.

It seems that it is mainly a chrome problem for me - Edge and Firefox seem to workCapture.thumb.PNG.96e9441c10f49970bee91c838ac7ddeb.PNG

3 hours ago, P4R4N01D said:

chrome problem

It's not a chrome problem - All development is done via chrome.

What I would guess is that you've got an ad-blocker installed and it's giving a false positive.  Add the server to the white-list of the blocker.