[Plug-In] Community Applications

I think you have dhcp off which would keep it from grabbing the dns settings too.   Easy to check. Turn off docker and vms (in settings) then go to network settings and add your router and any other dns resolvers you normally use and see if it solves the install issue.

From your log files:

USE_DHCP="no"
IPADDR="192.168.1.220"
NETMASK="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY="192.168.1.1"
BONDING="yes"
BRIDGING="yes"
DNS_SERVER1="..." <-- no dns

Also, if you have bonding turned on (other than for fallback) your router would need to support whatever bonding mode you chose.  For fallback it doesn't matter. (Think fallback is called "active-backup" in this case)

Edited by sturgismike
10 minutes ago, broncosaddict said:

I do (or should) have the dhcp off, I have it configured in my router to give it a static ip.  I'm trying to add the dns entries now but I can't turn off vms.  I've tried stop all from vms (I have none installed anyways), as well disable in VM manager.  I hit apply, but it doesn't stick and continues to say running.  

If you have your router configured to give it a static IP, then you can leave dhcp on and it'll assign it for you. Also note, that on the screenshot you just posted, it says dns is static, but has no entries.  As far as why it won't shut off VMs and docker when you apply... Not sure. I know that way back there were some weird issue in chrome with settings not sticking, but I doubt thats an issue any more.   To get around this, you could go to the main tab and stop the array.  Wait patiently for it to finish, then when you go to your network settings you should be able to make changes.  Then go back and restart the array. 

Edit: I wonder if your drive issues might be causing issues with VM manager and docker not stopping when you apply. 

Edited by sturgismike
Additional info:

I rebooted the server and was able to change the address assignment to automatic...in hindsight, I vaguely remember putting the IP in during setup...which I probably shouldn't have.   Was able to install the plugin without a hitch.

Looks like I do have a problem with my storage piece I get to work on...aside from creating the pool I haven't done anything or put anything into yet...thankfully.   Makes working on it/fixing it much easier not having to worry about losing data.  

Thanks guys for the quick help, much appreciated!!

Storage was easy fix.    Doing a search, I think I'm one of the "lucky" ones having an issue with the AOC-SAS2LP-MV8, swapped it for an LSI appears to have done the trick....no more errors.  I still can't disable VM's, but since I'm not running any right now, not really a concern.

Thanks again for the help and pointing out the storage issue!

Community Apps throwing two popup errors

Error from POST call force_update.  
Warning:  file_put_contents(): Filename cannot be empty in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 905
{"script":"$('.startupButton,.caMenu,.menuHeader').hide();$('.caRelated').show();","data":"Download of appfeed failed.Community Applications requires your server to have internet access.  The most common cause of this failure is a failure to resolve DNS addresses.  You can try and reset your modem and router to fix this issue, or set static DNS addresses (Settings - Network Settings) of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and try again.Alternatively, there is also a chance that the server handling the application feed is temporarily down.  You can check the server status by clicking HERELast JSON error Recorded: Syntax error"}
Error from POST call get_content.  

38 minutes ago, z0ki said:

Community Apps throwing two popup errors

Error from POST call force_update.  
Warning:  file_put_contents(): Filename cannot be empty in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 905
{"script":"$('.startupButton,.caMenu,.menuHeader').hide();$('.caRelated').show();","data":"Download of appfeed failed.Community Applications requires your server to have internet access.  The most common cause of this failure is a failure to resolve DNS addresses.  You can try and reset your modem and router to fix this issue, or set static DNS addresses (Settings - Network Settings) of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and try again.Alternatively, there is also a chance that the server handling the application feed is temporarily down.  You can check the server status by clicking HERELast JSON error Recorded: Syntax error"}

It's working for me.

Did you actually read that first popup? It explains what the problem may be and suggests possible fixes. Here is just those portions of that message:

Download of appfeed failed.Community Applications requires your server to have internet access. The most common cause of this failure is a failure to resolve DNS addresses. You can try and reset your modem and router to fix this issue, or set static DNS addresses (Settings - Network Settings) of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and try again.Alternatively, there is also a chance that the server handling the application feed is temporarily down. You can check the server status by clicking HERE

Just now, trurl said:

It's working for me.

Did you actually read that first popup? It explains what the problem may be and suggests possible fixes. Here is just those portions of that message:

Hey @trurl

Oddly it started working as normal again. Must have glitched out somewhere but all seems ok now. Must be one of those things lol

I can't install the Community Applications plugin. Has anyone else gotten this error before? Is there anything I can do about this?

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg
plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg ... failed (Network failure)
plugin: wget: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg download failure (Network failure)

6 hours ago, Thad Schramm said:

I can't install the Community Applications plugin. Has anyone else gotten this error before? Is there anything I can do about this?

Ultimately, no one will be able to give you the answer without posting your diagnostics.  This is a configuration error on your server, and will impact far far more than simply installing CA

• 2 weeks later...

Just so that it's documented somewhere, today's update allows 3rd Party themes (ie: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/86724-plugin-dark-theme-now-in-plugin-format/ ) to override CA's css and replace it or augment it with it's own, along with some minor other fixes.  (Dark without this update had some display aberrations in CA - But, an update is also required for Dark to take advantage of this)

For any theme developers, toss the appropriate css into

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/styles/community.applications-nameOfTheme.css

2 hours ago, keller583 said:

need some help. can't get the plugin to install... getting a network failed message and I have verified that the sever can reach the internet...

Probably that message is telling you exactly what the problem is. Post the exact message text.

20 hours ago, keller583 said:

need some help. can't get the plugin to install... getting a network failed message and I have verified that the sever can reach the internet...

Network failed when installing a plugin implies that your Network settings are messed up.  A typo on one of the entries, invalid octet and the like.

Hello community,

I have following problem to install the CA:

After I install the plugin and try to agree to the disclaimer, following warning pops up and all I can do is approve the warning.

"Error from POST call dismiss_warning.

Tower/

.inline_help{display:none}

.upgrade_notice{position:fixed;top:1px;left:0:width:100%;heigth;40px;line-height:40px;color:#e68a00;background:#feefb3;border-bottom:#e68a00 1px ..."

Can you help?

Thanks in advance.

12 minutes ago, Cross1991 said:

Hello community,

I have following problem to install the CA:

After I install the plugin and try to agree to the disclaimer, following warning pops up and all I can do is approve the warning.

"Error from POST call dismiss_warning.

Tower/

.inline_help{display:none}

.upgrade_notice{position:fixed;top:1px;left:0:width:100%;heigth;40px;line-height:40px;color:#e68a00;background:#feefb3;border-bottom:#e68a00 1px ..."

Can you help?

Thanks in advance.

Can you post your diagnostics.  What is the entire message in the popup?

It's failing marking a flag that you've accepted the warning.  100% related to the boot flash.

What I'm not understanding though is that your boot media is actually being recognized as a 1.8" SSD (32G) which is rather strange.  (Incidentally, the SMART report for it shows that it is FAILING NOW.

What happens if you try a different stick as a boot? (Set it up as a Trial, no need to setup any disks or anything -> After hitting the GUI, install CA and then go to the apps tab)