[Plug-In] Community Applications

26 minutes ago, Cross1991 said:

Because of your hint with the browser, I tried to access with Edge. 

And guess what... It works.. Dont know why..... Strange

Everything is developed with Chrome as the primary browser.  It's got to be an add on or something interfering.  It's the one browser I guarantee will always have zero problems.

14 minutes ago, Squid said:

Everything is developed with Chrome as the primary browser.  It's got to be an add on or something interfering.  It's the one browser I guarantee will always have zero problems.

You are a genius. 

Had a Etherium-Wallet Plugin installed (MEWconnect). After deinstallation the CA works again in Chrome. Thank you very much.

For my understanding:

How did you found out, that my flash-drive is dying?

Please dont understand me wrong. I dont want to question your skill.

I just want to learn how to find that out, because what I see is, that everything is fine with the flash-drive.

What I unfrequently get is a udma crc-error count on my disks here and then. But until now, no hint on the flash-drive.

And thanks again!!

4 minutes ago, Cross1991 said:

How did you found out, that my flash-drive is dying?

For some weird reason, your flash is actually reporting SMART values.   There is one attribute which states "FAILING NOW".  I did inquire with @johnnie.black and his opinion is that it's simply a firmware bug and there's nothing actually wrong.

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

For some weird reason, your flash is actually reporting SMART values.   There is one attribute which states "FAILING NOW".  I did inquire with @johnnie.black and his opinion is that it's simply a firmware bug and there's nothing actually wrong.

Now I found that too. 

@itimpi enclosed the flash diagnostic.

Glad that is weird but actually ok. Thanks!

SanDisk_Extreme_AA011123161939341491-0-0-20200103-2257 flash (sde).txt

Had errors since, if I remember correctly, the 2019-12-31 updates, not sure if its the first or the second update of that day, but CA was not returning any results and did not auto populate the starting page. Just gave "CALL" error prompts. 

My Unraid server is called PCUS. 

Hope this helps. 

Unraid server CA errorlog.txt

Edited by Ymetro
Made sense of first few words.
20 minutes ago, Ymetro said:

Had errors since, if I remember correctly, the 2019-12-31 updates, not sure if its the first or the second update of that day, but CA was not returning any results and did not auto populate the starting page. Just gave "CALL" error prompts. 

My Unraid server is called PCUS. 

Hope this helps. 

Unraid server CA errorlog.txt 36.33 kB · 1 download

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/38582-plug-in-community-applications/page/114/?tab=comments#comment-806346

and

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/38582-plug-in-community-applications/page/114/?tab=comments#comment-806358

It's an addon in your browser interfering.

31 minutes ago, Squid said:

Yeah, you are right. It is the MEW CX plugin. May look to contact them about it... if I got the time for it. Maybe someone else could try? Would be nice. 
It just startled me more than anticipated and so I couldn't think straight. Sorry. 

Edited by Ymetro
Better word
49 minutes ago, Ymetro said:

May look to contact them about it...

Yeah, I would.  In English what's going on is that

• Your browser loaded CA fine.  CA asked the server to download the application feed and also asked it what Categories (Backup, Cloud, etc) are present in the feed.
  • The server would have responded with "Backup", "Cloud", etc  
  • Your addon decided to change that message being received from the server and told CA that the categories were actually the source code of part of unRaid's GUI ( and not even the source code of CA )

I'm not into the whole mining / crypto currency thing, but on face value any add on that's intercepting messages between javascript running on your browser (CA) and your server (unRaid) and changing them would be something to avoid at all costs as it would be a HUGE security risk.  (Hope you haven't logged into your Bank's website recently).  Incidentally, the message that your server would have sent back to CA with the categories isn't even present in there at all...

EDIT: In your particular case, the server did return the category list correctly.  It was when the autocomplete entries were being populated by the server and then returned back to CA is when your addon decided to intercept and change the message.  Net result is the same.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Squid said:

I'm not into the whole mining / crypto currency thing, but on face value any add on that's intercepting messages between javascript running on your browser (CA) and your server (unRaid) and changing them would be something to avoid at all costs as it would be a HUGE security risk.  (Hope you haven't logged into your Bank's website recently).  

I did received message from my bank that my Credit Card was abused (again). And a new one will drop on my doormat today.

I at least disabled the extension and will investigate if the extension is being hi-jacked (not sure how) and ask te developer what is going on. 
On the other hand - I moved homes and I still cannot find my old laptop (a refurbished Macbook Pro 13 inch from 2012/3).

So I am worried about that being a security issue as well. 

Why can't we just remote electronically destroy a mobile device when lost?

A sort of GSM remote controlled EMP bomb, small enough to just only affect the device itself - sigh

Thank you for your explanation of how the innards work. 

Edited by Ymetro
Added thanks