[Plug-In] Community Applications

I deleted my docker image because it was corrupted and now when I go back to install previously installed containers I get the following error. This also happens if I try to install new containers. 

Unable to find image 'binhex/containername' locally
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io on 10.10.20.1:53: read udp 10.10.20.200:49292->10.10.20.1:53: i/o timeout.

7 minutes ago, Lancebro said:

I deleted my docker image because it was corrupted and now when I go back to install previously installed containers I get the following error. This also happens if I try to install new containers. 

Unable to find image 'binhex/containername' locally
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io on 10.10.20.1:53: read udp 10.10.20.200:49292->10.10.20.1:53: i/o timeout.

Post your diagnostics -> Tools, Diagnostics

On 1/7/2020 at 7:32 PM, Lancebro said:

Welp... that worked! I wonder if it was because one of my dockers was Pihole?

thanks for your fast help and great work

Yeah, that would definitely be it.  Zero reason to have unRaid run through PiHole, because

1. There's no ads within it that need to be blocked in the first place
  2. If PiHole crashes or doesn't start or similar, there's no way to get access to the internet without doing what you just did.

Just in case people do miss it (and they probably will), the policies regarding CA and the applications contained are now publicly posted.  It's more just iterating what myself and @dockerPolice / @pluginCop already do on a daily basis.  (And these policies are impartial.  If anything, @pluginCop is hardest on me - the guy's just got it in for me for some reason :( )

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Squid said:

IDK.  It works no problems for me under those same circumstances.  Only suggestion I have is that an addon to your browser is interfering (ie: MEW CX)

Just tried safe mode with no addons and the latest Mozilla - same thing. Perhaps I could try reinstalling? Is it safe to reinstall CA with a lot of Dockers and Plugins running alongside it.

1 minute ago, Arandomdood said:

Just tried safe mode with no addons and the latest Mozilla - same thing. Perhaps I could try reinstalling? Is it safe to reinstall CA with a lot of Dockers and Plugins running alongside it.

Yup no problems  You won't affect anything.  If still doesn't work (and it right now appears to be limited to you) I would have to teamviewer in to see what's going on.

Hello Everyone,

Today I wanted to install a Docker Container, so I switched to the APP TAB.

I saw then this warning:

Backup Server Active. Some icons may not appear, and plugin installations may be affected

I was wondering... from where does this warning come?

Cause I wasn't doing any backup (BACKUP/RESTORE Plugin is set to do backups on sunday).

1 minute ago, TDA said:

Hello Everyone,

Today I wanted to install a Docker Container, so I switched to the APP TAB.

I saw then this warning:

Backup Server Active. Some icons may not appear, and plugin installations may be affected

I was wondering... from where does this warning come?

Cause I wasn't doing any backup (BACKUP/RESTORE Plugin is set to do backups on sunday).

It means that CA was unable to grab the application lists from it's primary server, and is now instead operating from it's backup server.

The little warning is because every plugin author also hosts their plugins where the primary server is, and it may not be reacheable.

Why its not reachable at the moment for you is anyone's guess.  From my location there is no problem.

Something changed in a recent update, month(s) ago possibly, regarding CA's suggested repo source installation.  I don't remember the exact behavior it used to be.  I believe the Apps section used to offer an icon to change the source of the repo to the official Docker Registry as an alternative to UnRaid's internal providers.  Its been a long time since I've been able to install new containers and now that I'm able to I'm not finding an easy way to install from the official Docker Registry.

Is there a setting to re-enable this or drop to command line with additional params as a substitute?

8 hours ago, Sn3akyP3t3 said:

Something changed in a recent update, month(s) ago possibly, regarding CA's suggested repo source installation.  I don't remember the exact behavior it used to be.  I believe the Apps section used to offer an icon to change the source of the repo to the official Docker Registry as an alternative to UnRaid's internal providers.  Its been a long time since I've been able to install new containers and now that I'm able to I'm not finding an easy way to install from the official Docker Registry.

Is there a setting to re-enable this or drop to command line with additional params as a substitute?

Just click the whale in your search results.

SafariScreenSnapz006.thumb.png.469ffb81bc1224a777ec86eb985dca86.png

Question with the "2020.01.18" update one item listed is "Added: Recommended apps"

I've updated to latest version and when I click on the apps tab I dont have any option present for "Recommended Apps". Under categories the options I have are as follows: New Apps, Updated Apps, Random Apps, Top New Installs, Trending Apps

Could someone clarify how you get into the new Recommended Apps?

2 hours ago, ispaydeu said:

Question with the "2020.01.18" update one item listed is "Added: Recommended apps"

I've updated to latest version and when I click on the apps tab I dont have any option present for "Recommended Apps". Under categories the options I have are as follows: New Apps, Updated Apps, Random Apps, Top New Installs, Trending Apps

Could someone clarify how you get into the new Recommended Apps?

Still a WIP, and at the end of the day meaningless

Because not every here speaks English, a foreign language translation follows.

This thread just hit a milestone and now has over 500,000 views 😁 (It however is not the most viewed topic here.  That distinction belongs to Simple Features which formed the basis of Dynamix, unRaid's GUI) But nonetheless a celebration is in order.

I think that I'll be doing something like this tonight :) 

But, thank you to everyone in these forums who've made CA what it is today... (along with Larry Page and Sergei Brin as their web scraping probably accounts for some of the views)

To commemorate this very special day,

• 500 randomly selected unRaid users will find a piece of pocket fluff.  (As a special bonus, 1 of those 500 winners will also find some navel fluff)
  • 50 randomly selected unRaid users will find a perfectly usable USB flash drive on the street that may or may not be virus infected (but does have a unique GUID).
  • 5 randomly selected unRaid users will discover that their once cherished tip 'n strip nude pen has been sitting in their miscellaneous kitchen drawer for the last 40 years.
  • And the randomly selected grand prize winner will never again be asked by their spouse "does this outfit make me look fat?"

Winners will be selected by a random number generator, but since it is technically impossible to create any random number generator that isn't pseudo-random, bribes may also wind up influencing the decision without drawing any attention to yourself. 

Good luck to everyone!  

Because of Schrödinger's Cat, any announcement of the winners will obviously affect the outcome and as such there will be no announcement made.

-------------------------------------------

Isthay eadthray ustjay ithay away ilestonemay andway ownay ashay overway 500,000 iewsvay 😁 (Itway oweverhay isway otnay ethay ostmay iewedvay opictay erehay.  Atthay istinctionday elongsbay otay Implesay Eaturesfay ichwhay ormedfay ethay asisbay fway Ynamixday, unRaid'sway UIGAY) Utbay onethelessnay away elebrationcay isway inway orderway.

Iway inkthay atthay I'llway ebay oingday omethingsay ikelay isthay onighttay   

Utbay, ankthay ouyay otay everyoneway inway esethay orumsfay o'vewhay ademay ACAY atwhay itway isway odaytay... (alongway ithway Arrylay Agepay andway Ergeisay Inbray asway eirthay ebway apingscray obablypray accountsway orfay omesay ofway ethay iewsvay)

Otay ommemoratecay isthay eryvay ecialspay ayday,

• 500 andomlyray electedsay unRaidway usersway illway indfay away iecepay ofway ocketpay uffflay.  (Asway away ecialspay onusbay, 1 ofway osethay 500 innersway illway alsoway indfay omesay avelnay uffflay)
  • 50 andomlyray electedsay unRaidway usersway illway indfay away erfectlypay usableway USBWAY ashflay ivedray onway ethay eetstray atthay aymay orway aymay otnay ebay irusvay infectedway (utbay oesday avehay away uniqueway UIDGAY).
  • 5 andomlyray electedsay unRaidway usersway illway iscoverday atthay eirthay onceway erishedchay iptay 'nay ipstray udenay enpay ashay eenbay ittingsay inway eirthay iscellaneousmay itchenkay awerdray orfay ethay astlay 40 earsyay.
  • Andway ethay andomlyray electedsay andgray izepray innerway illway evernay againway ebay askedway ybay eirthay ousespay "oesday isthay outfitway akemay emay ooklay atfay?"

Innersway illway ebay electedsay ybay away andomray umbernay eneratorgay, utbay incesay itway isway echnicallytay impossibleway otay eatecray anyway andomray umbernay eneratorgay atthay isn'tway eudopsay-andomray, ibesbray aymay alsoway indway upway influencingway ethay ecisionday ithoutway awingdray anyway attentionway otay ourselfyay. 

Oodgay ucklay otay everyoneway!  

Ecausebay ofway Schrayöinger'sday Atcay, anyway announcementway ofway ethay innersway illway obviouslyway affectway ethay outcomeway andway asway uchsay erethay illway ebay onay announcementway ademay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1