[Plug-In] Community Applications

ok thanks, I don't think sweeping everything under the carpet is a good way forward especially when we are talking about something so delicate as another mans reputation.

Not exactly sure why this can't be cleared up in a single post without hiding posts etc.

Edited by hotio
3 hours ago, Squid said:

The SSL folder is recreated upon every reboot.  Question though becomes did you by chance have any of the SSL related plugins installed (ie: denyhosts etc)?

I have the plugs working,  now I do not have any SSL for the main page and there is nothing in Identification to configure and when I try to use provision in the key management it errors out

Sorry, an error (403) occurred provisioning your SSL certificate. The error is: Your router or DNS server has DNS rebinding protection enabled, preventing fd434ae20f4936197bc8d00e9859e08932e0ba38.unraid.net 10.X.X.X resolution. See Help for more details and workarounds.

And I have rebinding on the firewall off.

23 minutes ago, ccollinscj said:

Sorry, an error (403) occurred provisioning your SSL certificate. The error is: Your router or DNS server has DNS rebinding protection enabled, preventing fd434ae20f4936197bc8d00e9859e08932e0ba38.unraid.net 10.X.X.X resolution. See Help for more details and workarounds.

I would open a new thread in the General Support section.  Last time I ran into this is when installed denyhosts / ssh config plugin installed, and it trashed everything and once I got the system functional, had the same rebinding error occur.  As I recall, I just kept on messing around with various settings until it magically started working.  

Because of some confusion and the possibility of personal opinions / prejudice affecting things, going forward the "thumbs up" (recommended icon) will only appear on application cards where it is either the recommendation of the application developer themselves to use the particular container that the template is using (eg: Radarr), or if they themselves are maintaining the applicable container (not necessarily the template) eg: MySQL

In terms of plugins, this means that NO plugins will have the thumbs up unless they are explicitly endorsed by limetech (Dynamix Password Checker, Dynamix WireGuard), or have the implied endorsement (Unassigned Devices).

This change has already been made on the apps, but since it is nearly impossible to research each and every application, it is quite possible for me to have missed setting something for the thumbs up.  If as a template maintainer you feel I should have set something to have the thumbs up, send me a Private Message with an applicable link to where the developer of the app is recommending your container.

In no way shape or form does this mean that you should not install any of the other containers.  This change may also be at odds with what is the "prevailing wisdom" on the threads here.  EG: Plex recommends explicitly to install their official container.  The prevailing wisdom on these forums is to install either the Binhex or LSIO containers.  The presence of a thumbs up also does not imply that the template is the "best".  There will be cases where it is advisable to not install the recommended version because others are "better" (eg: Emby if you want to use hardware transcoding you would want to install the LSIO version)

While this change may be disappointing to some of the prolific template authors here, it is really the only fair way to handle things.

• Like 1

Hey Squid,

I was wondering if you could help me figure out why there are portions of my docker-template not being pulled through from github to CA.

Here is what the template looks like when you pull it from CA.

a2di6rr.jpg

Here is the template on github.

https://github.com/MobiusNine/docker-templates/blob/master/MobiusNine/FoldingAtHome.xml

A large portion of the overview that includes information on how to use the docker is missing, which can be problematic.

Today's update brings a couple of minor fixes.

One notable addition is that CA now includes a notification system.  Up until now, there was no real way for myself to inform unRaid users of any "must-see" notifications outside of Fix Common Problems.  However FCP has a few flaws:

1. It's installed user base is no where near the size of CA's installed base
  2. Any new tests would require an update to FCP itself

CA's notifications are reserved exclusively for the "You Must See This", and any PSA's.  Currently, there are only a few notices:

1. mccloud/ps3netsrv installed - known malware contained within it
  2. Older versions of disk.location installed - known to cause very excessive writes to the flash drive
  3. unRaid versions of 6.6 -> 6.8.0 and sysdream mitigation plugin not installed
  4. A PSA detailed below.

Notifications are downloaded at a random time following a reboot of your server, and once per week after that.  You will be notified via an email / push depending upon your notification settings, and also via a banner across the top of your GUI.   The system is set up that if you do have your server sleeping (S3 plugin) at the time the week is up, it will get downloaded automatically when the server awakens (random time of the hour).

If you choose to ignore the warning, you can permanently dismiss the warning by clicking the "x" on the banner.  A more info link will display a popup that contains more information regarding the warnings.

This system will allow CA to warn you if (as an example) you have an application installed that contains known malware.  Or if @limetech should (very unlikely) have to pull your installed version of unRaid, etc.

You can also choose to completely opt-out of this system via a setting in Apps - Settings.

Because of current events, there is a PSA that will also appear linking to 

that will appear if you do not have BOINC or Folding @ Home installed on your server.  I fully and completely understand if you choose to not install either of those applications.  Just dismiss the banner and CA will never bother you again about it.

The OP for this thread has been updated to include the following PSA

DUE TO CURRENT GLOBAL EVENTS, CA WILL PUT UP A BANNER ADVISING THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE YOUR SERVER JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY INSTALLING EITHER BOINC OR FOLDING@HOME.  IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO DO THIS, THEN SIMPLY DISMISS THE BANNER (CLICK THE X) AND YOU WILL NOT BE BOTHERED AGAIN.

ADDITIONALLY FOR THE TIME BEING, BOTH THE BOINC AND FOLDING@HOME APPLICATIONS WILL ALWAYS APPEAR AT THE TOP OF THE LIST IN THE NEW APPS SECTION TO INCREASE THEIR EXPOSURE.

52 minutes ago, ElectricBadger said:

Given the notifications appear to be sent as high priority, which causes Pushover to override phone DND settings and make a sound regardless, would it be possible to allow users to configure a time window in which these alerts are delivered?

The PSA arrived at 0230 UK time, and it's not really a "you need to wake up and deal with this now" thing — and nor are any of the other notices listed above 🙂

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/89804-ca-notification-discussion/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-833757

15 minutes ago, BEE said:

Whats happened to Cups in Community Applications?

Removed due to zero support, no updates in 3 years+, fundamentally very limited drivers included that would work on an ancient printer that isn't commonly available nowadays and far far better alternatives to what was available within CA by enabling Docker Hub Searches within CA and then searching for CUPS.  IE: Not much point in keeping an app within CA that for the most part doesn't work as advertised.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/37549-support-gfjardims-docker-repository/page/14/?tab=comments#comment-827842

Review the last page or 2 of the linked content to see some of the examples of alternatives that actually work.

Edited by dockerPolice

Something messed in your Settings - Network settings.

Without anyone seeing your diagnostics, you want to make sure that your gateway is set to the IP address of your router, and that (ideally) you're using 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222 as the DNS servers)  

"Network Failure" implies that you may have made a change in there already and typo'd it.

New to the whole unRAID party, just finished moving all data the the shiny new array :) Cache disk ready to go, parity is being calculated, and I'm getting into installing all kinds of apps and services. So far I'm loving it!

Not sure whether this is a bug, but when in the CA tab, it only seems to remember my last tab if it was in the first five of the 'Categories' submenu. I'd like APPS to always start in the 'Pinned Apps' menu... so far, no luck. If I select it, switch to TOOLS and come back, we're back at one of the 'Categories'.

Am I missing an option, or is this intentional? Thanks in advance for the help!

10 minutes ago, Kaastosti said:

Am I missing an option, or is this intentional?

Yeah that was intentional.  Those first 5 do more processing at startup that isn't conducive to any of the other sections, and the other sections pinned / installed / previous may break without the extra processing needed.  After an install however, you will always wind up wherever you were....  

A fix isn't impossible, but unlikely I'll do it anytime soon.   

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Yeah that was intentional.  Those first 5 do more processing at startup that isn't conducive to any of the other sections, and the other sections pinned / installed / previous may break without the extra processing needed.  After an install however, you will always wind up wherever you were....  

A fix isn't impossible, but unlikely I'll do it anytime soon.   

Thanks for the quick reply! We can't mess around in the coding ourselves, can we? No idea what language it's in, but would love to give it a try. If not to bend it to my will, then at least to know how plugins can be built :)

Feel free.  There's only 1 ground rule.  Criticisms aren't allowed ;)  (CA's been a 5 year project, and while its super stable, if I was going to do things all over again, it would not be programmed the way that it is (especially the code from the first year or so)

• Haha 1

Hi,

I'm trying to get this working but run in to troubles.

I'm in a proxied network so I set the proxy server in the go file.

I was able to get this installed but when opening the apps menu it can't fetch any data.

It seems to ignore the proxy in the go file where do I set the proxy to get this working ?

Best regards,

Jos van Veen

Hello,

I've installed this plugin but when I open the apps page it can't connect to donwload.

My Unraid is behind a proxy and I set the proxy in the go file.

Where do I set the proxy so I can get this working ?

Best regards,

Jos