[Plug-In] Community Applications

You were correct Squid!

Logs have clearly shown that sda1 had some issues, should have looked into those before opening this but it coincided with update so I assumed this was related to update and not any other failure.

Stopped the array and rebooted the server and all my Apps are working as before. Thank you!

It seems that flash drives are Achilles heel of Unraid  - this is second drive in use after first one failed a month ago... Need to research this more and look for more quality/resilient flash drive.

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

I am having two small issues related to Docker and the CA.

1. When I go to the CA tab, it takes longer than usually to load and occasionally tells me i'm connected to the backup server (not every time thought).
    Also, some applications' icons are not loading (like OpenVPN AS), and once everything is loaded I cannot click on the unraid tabs anymore (dashboard, main, shares, etc.). I have to reload the unraid GUI to be able to click them again.
  2. Also, and this may very well be related to the first issue, in the dashboard tab of the Unraid GUI, one of my Docker containers icon has stopped being displayed. I read in an old topic that I should delete my browser's cache, and check the image file on the usb flash drive in config/plugins/dockerman/images. The thing is : the image is present and it opens just fine on my laptop with any application.

The primary server is hosted on the cloud that is currently having issues (GitHub), along with every plugin for unRaid, and a ton of the images for any containers.  Everything is slower because CA always tries the primary first to operate from.  Docker / Dashboard pages should not however be affected from the outage unless you've installed a new container during this outage.  If you have, then what you're seeing is "normal" as the system is attempting to download the icon for that new container and it takes it a bit to fail.

• Thanks 1

I updated to 6.8.3 and then updated the community application (2020.04.19). Following this, I wanted to update the applications, but I get the error message for all installed apps that have an update.

Configuration not found. Was this container created using this plugin?

I have searched the forums, and I see some topics from a few years ago, is this still the fix? Is there a document to follow or a way to copy all settings and reapply them after?

Just now, ap90033 said:

Sorry if this is the wrong place,

I am setting up Traktarr. I have successfully connected to Sonarr and Radarr. I am trying setup to run automatically. Instructions say edit a file in /opt. It aint there! Help?

You need to ask in it's support thread

This may be a dumb question, but how can I add new apps to Community Applications? Is it possible for users to contribute by adding new apps or does the dev do all that? For example, there is a Docker container that I wanted to install on my unraid, but it wasn't listed in the community applications, so I had to add it to unraid manually. I'd like to add this to the community applications if I can.

32 minutes ago, kevinJohn said:

Hello, This is a niiiiice plugin I've ever had. But I have a big problem as some others when access the home page get a timeout err.

I try to download the CA proxy.cfg, but it shows not longer exist, can you please upload again? Thanks a log :)

proxy.cfg

Edit to suit and place into /config/plugins/community.applications on the flash drive.

But, if you're NOT using a proxy, then the problem is far more likely to be a failure to resolve the addresses.  Enter in 208.67.222.,222 and 208.67.220.220 into Settings - Network Settings as static DNS addresses

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Is CA working right now?

Getting this:

Download of appfeed failed.

Community Applications requires your server to have internet access. The most common cause of this failure is a failure to resolve DNS addresses. You can try and reset your modem and router to fix this issue, or set static DNS addresses (Settings - Network Settings) of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and try again.

Alternatively, there is also a chance that the server handling the application feed is temporarily down.
Last JSON error Recorded: Syntax error

11 hours ago, tknx said:

Is CA working right now?

Getting this:

Download of appfeed failed.

Community Applications requires your server to have internet access. The most common cause of this failure is a failure to resolve DNS addresses. You can try and reset your modem and router to fix this issue, or set static DNS addresses (Settings - Network Settings) of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and try again.

Alternatively, there is also a chance that the server handling the application feed is temporarily down.
Last JSON error Recorded: Syntax error

Thanks for your help!

I have already change my DNS to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and 223.5.5.5, still got the same fail

I tried ping OpenDNS server addr and get 140ms delay, I think this is why I could not reach APP STORE stably.

Maybe I will give proxy.cfg another go to see if it works to me.

Thanks again anyway