[Plug-In] Community Applications

4 hours ago, b0m541 said:

When I look this container up in CA and re-install it, the docket template uses all the values I previously had used.

You're installing it from previous apps.  That behaviour is the entire point of that section.  A search for the container will show up the "raw" template which has no modifications done on it (or likewise, another docker hub search will also show the "raw" template)

4 hours ago, b0m541 said:

Also how can I remove templates from the selection list where unraid collects all templates I ever used (this list is shown when you click "Add container" on the docker page in unraid)

Previous Apps, check off what you don't want and click the X in the top right.  You can also go one step further and from Private Apps click the X which will remove the dockerHub conversion from CA's "raw" list

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello;

A request;

1st some days I want to try out a new app and I find it amusing when I select Random Apps 4 or more of the apps on this list I have already installed. Would it be possible to exclude any installed app from the Random list?

2nd Have a filter available to filter out any installed app on the New Apps list. This way for example if I have 2 of the newest apps installed, I will always see 24 of the newest apps I haven’t tried out yet.

Thanks for your time.

Random Apps:  Sure, no problem.  Makes Sense.  Next release

Other places:  I used to allow a setting for installed apps not to be shown, but removed it as IMO it made more sense to always display them, it simplified everything, and I don't need to worry about very complicated programming in what happens if you install something from the New Apps section, when you return back to CA (after dockerMan installs it), does it show or doesn't it, and how to put in the coding to decide whether it's allowed to show in violation of the setting or not.

Random apps won't suffer from that because I can simply only disallow it when it gathers the random app once per day and not worry about whether its installed or not for the rest of the time.

Hi, is there some maintenance or problems going on with CA related infrastructure?

I've been getting this error (see image) often the last couple of days, I've been going through my network and rebooted routers, DNS settings etc but it seems to be OK.

This occurs randomly a couple of times per day during the last week I would say.

I'm on UnRAID 6.8.3 and CA plugin 2020.07.13 and I haven't seen this error before the last week.

Anteckning 2020-07-20 175802.jpg

Try setting the DNS in settings - network, not in the router.   While it's possible the issue isnt there, there are 2 servers with an automatic fallback between the two, and the odds aren't very good that both would go down simultaneously 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Squid said:

Try setting the DNS in settings - network, not in the router.   While it's possible the issue isnt there, there are 2 servers with an automatic fallback between the two, and the odds aren't very good that both would go down simultaneously 

Yeah I figured it must be something network related closer to my end of things as I haven't seen a single post about someone with the same problem. The thing is that 5 minutes later the appfeed is there again like nothing happened.

As for the DNS settings in my unraid server, they are locked down statically server side from day one.

On 7/21/2020 at 6:02 AM, bunkermagnus said:

Yeah I figured it must be something network related closer to my end of things as I haven't seen a single post about someone with the same problem. The thing is that 5 minutes later the appfeed is there again like nothing happened.

As for the DNS settings in my unraid server, they are locked down statically server side from day one.

I am now getting this error too.
I have checked my DNS and everything else is resolving fine.

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 9.49.09 pm.png

Not a CA problem, but based on the description, it's a network issue.  (Not necessarily on your end).  You can probably fix by switching to advanced view and doing a "Force Update"  Version not available pops up when during the last time the OS checked for updates, it wasn't able to reach dockerHub.  Slower than normal CA popups would mean that the request to CA's App Server is taking longer than normal (internet / network issues)

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

Not a CA problem, but based on the description, it's a network issue.  (Not necessarily on your end).  You can probably fix by switching to advanced view and doing a "Force Update"  Version not available pops up when during the last time the OS checked for updates, it wasn't able to reach dockerHub.  Slower than normal CA popups would mean that the request to CA's App Server is taking longer than normal (internet / network issues)

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response :)

I tried the force update thing. The status remains unchanged, but now the picture is missing. Of course I have tried several dockers.1768404440_Screenshot_2020-07-24ServerDocker.thumb.png.d9ed566e59a9fe94519cfbaa0490f1b8.png

1 hour ago, pyrosuperman said:

I am also getting a DNS error for the CA. 

has anyone founds a fix?  I've  tried manually setting dns on server and router but. that is the only item having problems. 

What's the output of

ping -c 3 raw.githubusercontent.com

and

ping -c 3 s3.amazonaws.com

Have you set up a proxy by chance for the server?

root@Miranda:~# ping -c 3 raw.githubusercontent.com
ping: raw.githubusercontent.com: Name or service not known
root@Miranda:~# ping -c 3 s3.amazonaws.com
ping: s3.amazonaws.com: Name or service not known
root@Miranda:~# ping -c 3 8.8.8.8
PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8) 56(84) bytes of data.
From 10.10.10.15 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable
From 10.10.10.15 icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable
From 10.10.10.15 icmp_seq=3 Destination Host Unreachable

--- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 0 received, +3 errors, 100% packet loss, time 2056ms
pipe 3
root@Miranda:~# ping -c 3 www.google.com
ping: www.google.com: Name or service not known
root@Miranda:~# 

I had Deluge setup but that is not working. 

Yeah, you cannot reach the internet at all from the server.   Assuming you've already tried setting DNS addresses, I would disable piHole or pfsense if you've got them.   Beyond that, not quite sure where to go.   A new thread in the general support area with your diagnostics would be the next step

3 hours ago, Ryonez said:

Recently I've noticed that fields I remove from templates have started showing back up, and will continue to return whenever I try to remove them again. How do I prevent this behavior?

You would have to remove the template URL using the authoring mode in docker settings. The fields that are popping back were set as required fields when the template was made.

• Like 1

You actually have to manually remove the <TemplateURL>....</TemplateURL> field (or set it to false) by manually editing the appropriate file in /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user on the flash drive.   The GUI has no support for any adjustments to that line

unraid os: 6.8.3

Apps: 2020.07.13

My community apps section is no longer loading, get this message instead: 

Something really wrong went on during get_content
Post the ENTIRE contents of this message in the Community Applications Support Thread

No data was returned. It is probable that another browser session has rebooted your server. Reloading this browser tab will probably fix this error

What can I do to determine cause?

Jay

11 hours ago, jcreynoldsii said:

unraid os: 6.8.3

Apps: 2020.07.13

My community apps section is no longer loading, get this message instead: 

Something really wrong went on during get_content
Post the ENTIRE contents of this message in the Community Applications Support Thread

No data was returned. It is probable that another browser session has rebooted your server. Reloading this browser tab will probably fix this error

What can I do to determine cause?

Jay

Do you have other browsers or tabs open to your server on any computer or mobile device?