[Plug-In] Community Applications

20 hours ago, jumpnjet22 said:

here are my diagnostics

Your network.cfg file doesn't look right to me, and looks like you were experimenting with vlans.  I would personally delete /config/network.cfg on the flash drive and then reboot and try installing the plugin again.  If it works, then start with a vlan if you desire.  If it still doesn't work, then open up a new thread in General Support and ask for more help (and also include the diagnostics)

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Danuel said:

i noticed this like a month or so ago

is pinned application do not pin ?, i have pinned like 12 and only 6 show in the pin section ?

Actually, I'm kinda confused.  The release version (2020.01.01) does work.  The current testing release did not.  How did you install CA?

3 hours ago, Squid said:

Actually, I'm kinda confused.  The release version (2020.01.01) does work.  The current testing release did not.  How did you install CA?

when i first installed, i installed using the provided link in post from the first page, since then did autoupdate

1 hour ago, Squid said:

ok.  Then something else is up.  Do new pins work? 

no, what i see is if i pin applications let's say like 10, only 5 will show pinned and sometimes if i go in the pinned app tab sometimes disappear (they do not pin)

i noticed this behaviour when new CA with new layout came out and all my pinned applications were gone, and i try to add them back and is not working, i did try with different browser and i get same result, by they way another thing i noticed is that i can add only 1 repo at favourites, only 1 repo you can add in favourites repo ? and if i pin more, some of the already pinned got unpinned 

2.png

1.png

Edited by Danuel
21 hours ago, Danuel said:

no, what i see is if i pin applications let's say like 10, only 5 will show pinned and sometimes if i go in the pinned app tab sometimes disappear (they do not pin)

i noticed this behaviour when new CA with new layout came out and all my pinned applications were gone, and i try to add them back and is not working, i did try with different browser and i get same result, by they way another thing i noticed is that i can add only 1 repo at favourites, only 1 repo you can add in favourites repo ? and if i pin more, some of the already pinned got unpinned 

2.png

1.png

I can't replicate.  I'd suggest going into CA's Settings, enable Debug mode

Go back into CA, see what's pinned, try and pin more, see what's pinned until you can replicate.  Then click the debugging link on the menu at the left and upload the file here.

During this process, do not exit CA as it'll restart the debugging logs.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 12:32 PM, Squid said:

Everything seems to be fine for me.

I'm currently experiencing problems as well. I assumed it was DNS, made some changes, then came here and saw others are having issues as well. Do you know what specific domain it's trying to reach? Maybe pihole is blocking it on accident?

Download of appfeed failed.

Community Applications requires your server to have internet access. The most common cause of this failure is a failure to resolve DNS addresses. You can try and reset your modem and router to fix this issue, or set static DNS addresses (Settings - Network Settings) of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and try again.

Alternatively, there is also a chance that the server handling the application feed is temporarily down.

Last JSON error Recorded: Syntax error

Edited by bigmak
5 minutes ago, Squid said:

Probably.  No real reason to use piHole as the DNS for the server as there are no ads within the server.

Shutting array down to change to static public DNS addresses.

One question: will changing this make all docker containers on the server now use these for DNS and bypass my piholes? I know this isn't necessarily the right section to ask this question...