[Plug-In] Community Applications

@Squid (or all) can you elaborate on where exactly the statistics for downloads, etc. are coming from? For instance...

image.png.e7fbef434fd05b3205d3fd8445a25f84.png

The Total Downloads for an app mirror what I see on dockerhub, which is not indicative of CA usage. But the 30 day trend and graphs seems like they are specific to CA. 

And when I look at the popup for "FoxxMD's Repository"

image.png.c49778d22d41914ce56c0a534098268a.png

Total Known Downloads looks like its probably Dockerhub downloads. As does downloads per App? Or are these specific to CA?

Basically I'd like to know -- where we can see stats/download values on CA which are specific to CA and which are pulled from dockerhub? 

Thanks

Everything is based upon the pull count from dockerHub.  It's the only metric available.   Downloads = pull count

The trending / new installs are basically the percentage changes from one month to another of the pull count, and the new installs has some extra math in there in an attempt to discount the pulls from containers that are updated rain or shine on Fridays to determine what amount of the difference in the pulls from Feb to Mar is from new installations (estimated) vs updates.

ie: CA does not keep track of what people install.  It's all from dockerHub and their pull count.

Every container get's its pull count updated once per month (each container has it's own day / time), so it's not an exact snapshot from day to day as the containers it's being compared against might not have been updated yet.  ie: the lists can potentially change every 2 hours.

• Thanks 1

I just laded the CA page on my Unraid server and was greeted with this: Something really wrong went on during display_content
Post the ENTIRE contents of this message in the Community Applications Support Thread.

And that's why I'm here ... although I don't know if I'm in the right place.

Example text: <br /> <b>Warning</b>: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/images/binhex-arch-makemkv-latest-icon.png)

Something really wrong went on during display_content.txt tower-diagnostics-20210318-2253.zip

16 hours ago, I_Need_Help said:

I just laded the CA page on my Unraid server and was greeted with this: Something really wrong went on during display_content
Post the ENTIRE contents of this message in the Community Applications Support Thread.

And that's why I'm here ... although I don't know if I'm in the right place.

Example text: <br /> <b>Warning</b>: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/images/binhex-arch-makemkv-latest-icon.png)

All because of file system issues on the cache drive.  I'd suggest you create a new topic in General Support and include the diagnostics there.

Mar 17 15:25:48 Tower kernel: BTRFS critical (device nvme0n1p1): unable to find logical 1729382307552722944 length 4096
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 1 TIMES] ###
Mar 17 15:25:48 Tower kernel: BTRFS critical (device nvme0n1p1): unable to find logical 1729382307552722944 length 16384
Mar 17 15:25:48 Tower kernel: BTRFS critical (device nvme0n1p1): unable to find logical 1729382307552722944 length 4096

Would like to request an enhancement - can you add bulk-downloading to the Pinned apps section as well?

My reasoning is that I pin my main set of dockers I use all the time. I know I can re-install from previous apps, but previous apps has all the one-off dockers I tested and don't use. I also know I can remove them from previous apps, but hey thats work! 

3 hours ago, kri kri said:

can you add bulk-downloading to the Pinned apps section as well

Problem with bulk downloading anything outside of Previous is that then if you've never had it installed, then you're basically going to wind up with the defaults for every app, which is probably not what you want.

I'm somewhat confused about why FoxxMD's pinry application is seemingly 'stuck' to the Trending and Top New Installs for at least the past few weeks if not longer. I don't mean to disparage their hard work on their project, but I'm having a hard time believing that a selfhosted version of pinterest is setting the world on fire, especially given that the Unraid support thread has a whopping 10 posts, none in the last six months. 

1 hour ago, goalcam said:

I'm somewhat confused about why FoxxMD's pinry application is seemingly 'stuck' to the Trending and Top New Installs for at least the past few weeks if not longer. I don't mean to disparage their hard work on their project, but I'm having a hard time believing that a selfhosted version of pinterest is setting the world on fire, especially given that the Unraid support thread has a whopping 10 posts, none in the last six months. 

So that's why squid is driving around in a fancy new sports car 😆

6 hours ago, goalcam said:

I'm guessing because CA pulls dockerhub stats (not just unraid) and FoxxMD is using the official image.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody else noticed that the apps search is not working properly anymore in chrome under version 6.9.2 ? Sometimes works ! really weird behavior. I disabled the plugins then it works for awhile I go back and it doesn't !. I'm ruining unRAID for at least 15 years maybe more.... and never had an issue like that :) 

Edited by dianasta
4 minutes ago, kizer said:

I used it this morning and I didn't experience any issues. Honestly I don't think I've ever noticed an issue with the search within the Apps section tab. Maybe your having a Chrome Cache issue. 

Cleared the cache multiple times, when I try to search doesn't do anything, doesn't display the search results at all, looks like a bug since I didn't have this issue in any of the previous unRAID releases.... 

So no one else here have an issue like that ?

Edited by dianasta