[Plug-In] Community Applications

1 hour ago, dianasta said:

Could you try something ? try to do a search then do some other search again is it working fine ?

I just remoted into my machine using Chrome Version 90.0.4430.85 (Official Build) (64-bit) and it worked just fine.  Did 4 back to back searches. The below is the last one I searched for.

Is there a possibility your running some adware or something that might be blocking the popup results?

capturethis.png

11 minutes ago, kizer said:

I just remoted into my machine using Chrome Version 90.0.4430.85 (Official Build) (64-bit) and it worked just fine.  Did 4 back to back searches. The below is the last one I searched for.

Is there a possibility your running some adware or something that might be blocking the popup results?

capturethis.png

Hard to explain this one, I just did some searches again it worked fine, then I refreshed the page stopped working again, go figure :) 

We need more people here to confirm .

Hey everyone, I'm new to Unraid. For whatever reason the download of the appfeed is failing. 

Download of appfeed failed.

Community Applications requires your server to have internet access. The most common cause of this failure is a failure to resolve DNS addresses. You can try and reset your modem and router to fix this issue, or set static DNS addresses (Settings - Network Settings) of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and try again.

Alternatively, there is also a chance that the server handling the application feed is temporarily down.
Last JSON error Recorded: Syntax error

The weird thing is: The server has internet access. I was able to install the Community Plugin in the first place. I am also able to ping the (static) DNS servers I have configured. I am also able to curl the appfeed manually through the terminal.

root@unraid:~# ping 208.67.222.222
PING 208.67.222.222 (208.67.222.222) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 208.67.222.222: icmp_seq=1 ttl=58 time=17.3 ms
64 bytes from 208.67.222.222: icmp_seq=2 ttl=58 time=16.7 ms
64 bytes from 208.67.222.222: icmp_seq=3 ttl=58 time=16.3 ms
64 bytes from 208.67.222.222: icmp_seq=4 ttl=58 time=16.7 ms
64 bytes from 208.67.222.222: icmp_seq=40 ttl=58 time=16.4 ms
64 bytes from 208.67.222.222: icmp_seq=41 ttl=58 time=16.2 ms
--- 208.67.222.222 ping statistics ---
41 packets transmitted, 41 received, 0% packet loss, time 40070ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 16.096/16.565/17.374/0.238 ms

Any ideas?

Edited by trallnag

I don't think so. I just found this post from you and when I download the whole feed with wget it looks like something is wrong on my side? I mean look at that slow download speed. Maybe the appfeed download just times out. Never noticed it with curl because I just let it output to stdout.

root@unraid:~/tmp# wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/AppFeed/master/applicationFeed.json
--2021-04-30 13:50:05--  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/AppFeed/master/applicationFeed.json
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)... 185.199.108.133, 185.199.109.133, 185.199.110.133, ...
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)|185.199.108.133|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 8934440 (8.5M) [text/plain]
Saving to: ‘applicationFeed.json’

applicationFeed.json             4%[=>                                                   ] 426.88K  3.94KB/s    eta 60m 23s

I will do a few network tests / download tests to make sure this is not something with my Unraid system overall. But I don't think so, because when I installed the plugin yesterday it was done really fast.

---

Okay, this is an issue with the system / network overall. So I was too early too consult this thread

Edited by trallnag

Search no longer works for me in Microsoft Edge, it works fine in chrome but does not in edge since earlier this week when I noticed.  I can search only when I refresh and  the blinking cursor is already in the search field, if I click on the page I no longer have the ability to click in the search field.  disabled any ad blocker I had and even restarted my computer and server, still doing the same.  I also cannot click on the installed apps or the previous apps in edge also.

Edited by DeathxGods
On 4/24/2020 at 12:46 PM, Squid said:

Place the attached file into /config/plugins/community.applications on the flash drive.  Edit to suit

If it doesn't work PM me and we'll work out a testing routine

proxy.cfg 48 B · 81 downloads

Hi Squid,

I tried this configuration with unRaid 6.9.0 and everything works fine, but with unRaid 6.9.1 and 6.9.2 that doesn't worked for me. Is there something else to change?

Tank you very much

Best regards

Patrick

1 hour ago, PatrickMSD said:

Hi Squid,

I tried this configuration with unRaid 6.9.0 and everything works fine, but with unRaid 6.9.1 and 6.9.2 that doesn't worked for me. Is there something else to change?

Tank you very much

Best regards

Patrick

That cfg file is for CA only.  Based upon your other posts, it looks like you cannot get the proxy to work at all in 6.9

I would open up a new thread in General Support (and include your diagnostics) and see if anyone has any suggestions (I don't)

It appears that you're completely out of RAM.  Either you're running a very low amount (2G or less), or something (docker app) configured wrong.  

Reboot and try again.  If problems continue (and if it's a container causing it they ultimately will), then post your diagnostics

12 hours ago, buzzinh said:

Search stopped working in google chrome some time ago for me. Works in firefox?! Chrome 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Works perfectly for me....  Anything weird in your system?  (DockerHub conversions etc?)  Try without any browser extensions...

On 5/11/2021 at 8:49 AM, buzzinh said:

Search stopped working in google chrome some time ago for me. Works in firefox?! Chrome 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)

On 5/11/2021 at 9:00 PM, Squid said:

Works perfectly for me....  Anything weird in your system?  (DockerHub conversions etc?)  Try without any browser extensions...

Sorry to piggyback, I'm also getting this behaviour in Chrome & Brave. Firefox sometimes/rarely works, at first attempt, then I get this issue.

I don't have any add-ons in FF, Chrome only has Bitwarden & iCloud bookmarks. Strange.