[Plug-In] Community Applications

Okay,.

Re-Seated Cables and cleared CRC errors. 

VM's now work, however same problems with dockers. I still am unable to run, update or install dockers. Apps Tab still wont load.

As an example, here is the error I get when trying to install a docker image:

Pulling image: mace/darkstat:latest

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='DarkStat' --net='host' -e TZ="Australia/Sydney" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'ETH'='eth0' -e 'PORT'='6789' -e 'IP_HOST'='192.168.20.9' -e 'IP_RANGE'='192.168.20.0/255.255.255.0' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/DarkStat1':'/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/user':'/unraid':'rw' 'mace/darkstat' 

Unable to find image 'mace/darkstat:latest' locally
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io on 202.142.142.242:53: read udp 192.168.20.9:39534->202.142.142.242:53: i/o timeout.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

Here are the latest diagnostics:

tower-diagnostics-20180726-1116.zip

Edited by [email protected]
Forgot to mention the App Tab was still malfunctioning... The reason for my posts.

Some additional information:

When I try Updating a docker image I get the following, however the "Update Ready" button never disappears:

Pulling image: binhex/arch-teamspeak:latest

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Removing container: binhex-teamspeak

Successfully removed container 'binhex-teamspeak'

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name='binhex-teamspeak' --net='host' -e TZ="Pacific/Auckland" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-teamspeak':'/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/user':'/unraid':'rw' 'binhex/arch-teamspeak' 

6dce80995eb6d34440d754f7b61f1de28b87371fa2bb8412fe33ae89cecfacf0

The command finished successfully!

I might be doing something wrong, since I dont know much about unraid. 

I have a ryzen setup and using your video step by step on that system, since have major issues with constant crash.

I am at the step where I have to install CA and the link gives me this message in plugin install.

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg
plugin: file doesn't exist or xml parse error

Edited by Casual
11 hours ago, Casual said:

I might be doing something wrong, since I dont know much about unraid. 

I have a ryzen setup and using your video step by step on that system, since have major issues with constant crash.

I am at the step where I have to install CA and the link gives me this message in plugin install.

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg
plugin: file doesn't exist or xml parse error

A couple of people have had this same problem.  For what ever reason, when you're copying the link from the OP, your browser is injecting some weird unicode and/or control characters into the pasted link.

Try this instead

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg

worst comes to worst, click the link, then copy the URL from the browser's address bar.

As an aside, the next release of unRaid will remove all control characters etc from the pasted link in the install plugins section to solve this intermittent problem for some users in trying to install CA

• Like 1

Try it again.  Unfortunately, "Generic Error" is, well rather Generic and doesn't really say much.

Worst comes to worst, delete /config/plugins/communtity.applications (and /config/plugins/community.applications.plg) from the flash drive, reboot, and reinstall from scratch.

Edited by Squid

@Squid I am hopeful you might be able to help figure out why things are not working.  

I had installed the Community Applications and it was all working great for the last few months.  Today I was installing a few things. Did a reset of my computer and then when I came back online the Community Applications Tab no no longer shows any significant search results example a search for "Plex" only shows 2 things.. where I know it had shown a number of things earlier today. 

I have tried a number of things.  I have tried uninstall of community application. including clearing of plugin data on flash both current/ old. running fix common problems and CA cleaner in between with a hard reboot.  

Unfortunately I continue to not get a full repository  of results.  with no clear errors showing up. I would appreciate any help. I have attached diagnostic info to hopefully help. 

thanks

rizznetunraid-diagnostics-20180804-1731.zip

Hi,

i have the same problem as Aceriz.

Just finished building my first unRAID Server and preclearing the drives just finished and i wanted to start install apps via this plugin.

I was able to install Plugins yesterday (or the day before?) without any problems (for example the preclearing plugin).

Now it just shows an empty start page and most of the previous results are gone.

Probably some issue in the index that is downloaded?

Edit: added diagnostic zip

unraid-diagnostics-20180805-0305.zip

Edited by rhurling
added Diagnostic zip
1 minute ago, rhurling said:

Hi,

Just finished building my first unRAID Server and preclearing the drives just finished and i wanted to start install apps via this plugin.

I was able to install Plugins yesterday (or the day before?) without any problems (for example the preclearing plugin).

Now it just shows an empty start page and most of the previous results are gone.

Tools - Diagnostics, post complete zip.

28 minutes ago, Aceriz said:

@Squid I am hopeful you might be able to help figure out why things are not working.  

I had installed the Community Applications and it was all working great for the last few months.  Today I was installing a few things. Did a reset of my computer and then when I came back online the Community Applications Tab no no longer shows any significant search results example a search for "Plex" only shows 2 things.. where I know it had shown a number of things earlier today. 

I have tried a number of things.  I have tried uninstall of community application. including clearing of plugin data on flash both current/ old. running fix common problems and CA cleaner in between with a hard reboot.  

Unfortunately I continue to not get a full repository  of results.  with no clear errors showing up. I would appreciate any help. I have attached diagnostic info to hopefully help. 

thanks

rizznetunraid-diagnostics-20180804-1731.zip

This exact issue is happening to me too after doing a fresh install of unRAID.  I have done just about everything to try and get the apps to show up and no luck.  Glad to know it's not just my setup, been frustrating trying to narrow it down.

6 minutes ago, rhurling said:

Hi,

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

Tools - Diagnostics, post complete zip.

Hey fyi I would go through and try again.   Might have been something down. It is now working on my comp. And I did nothing inbetween now and my post. 

10 hours ago, rhurling said:

10 hours ago, rico921 said:

This exact issue is happening to me too

10 hours ago, Aceriz said:

Might have been something down

There was an issue with the credentials used by the application feed.  Now fixed.  I wish, however that I wasn't sleeping when these posts showed up.  I would prefer CA to display an error in this circumstance.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

There was an issue with the credentials used by the application feed.  Now fixed.  I wish, however that I wasn't sleeping when these posts showed up.  I would prefer CA to display an error in this circumstance.

Thanks so much Squid for fixing things:)

Appreciate all the work you do for this wicked setup.

Just now, Aceriz said:

Thanks so much Squid for fixing things:)

Wasn't me who fixed it.  Application Feed while CA relies upon it is outside of my control (which is basically why Legacy Mode still exists), and is very gratefully supplied by the guys at LinuxServer

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from Russia. 

Ever since our stupid govs started to mess with Internet, the CA plugin on my server stopped working. May be it is just a coincidence. Anyway, appFeed not working while Legacy mode does, for 4 months already. Updating and other tasks work OK, so general Internet connection works for sure. 

1. Can you tell me what IPs it actually tries to access so that I may check manually if they are not blocked?
  2. Is there a way to make CA plugin access Internet through a SOCKS5 proxy?

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Barafu said:
  • Can you tell me what IPs it actually tries to access so that I may check manually if they are not blocked?

https://tools.linuxserver.io/unraid-docker-templates.json?last_updated=1

https://tools.linuxserver.io/unraid-docker-templates.json

(I think they're actually hosted on digitalocean)

and various files from

https://github.com/Squidly271/Community-Applications-Moderators (but since legacy mode works, these won't be the issue)

6 minutes ago, Barafu said:

Is there a way to make CA plugin access Internet through a SOCKS5 proxy?

No idea.  It uses whatever internet access the server as a whole has.

Edited by Squid