[Plug-In] Community Applications

Just now, trurl said:

/boot is your flash drive and they aren't stored anywhere else except for the backup you make of your flash drive.

Ah, I get what your saying now.   I do have a backup, but it is not as current as it should be.  And there are several docker's that I've added and configured since my last backup.  The docker's are all there and active/running.  But since the corresponding XML files are missing I can't edit them.  Do you know of a way to have Community Apps recreate them without reinstalling over the docker?

1 minute ago, trurl said:

For future reference, you can download a zipped copy of flash at any time by going to Main - Boot Device - Flash - Flash Backup

23 minutes ago, R-Rizzo said:

Ah, I get what your saying now.   I do have a backup, but it is not as current as it should be.  And there are several docker's that I've added and configured since my last backup.  The docker's are all there and active/running.  But since the corresponding XML files are missing I can't edit them.  Do you know of a way to have Community Apps recreate them without reinstalling over the docker?

From the Docker Page, you would have to make a note of all the paths / ports for each app and then recreate them.

30 minutes ago, R-Rizzo said:

I was deleting them manually from "/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user"  Is there a backup stored somewhere else?

Future reference, you can delete them from Apps - Previous Apps.  That way, only the ones you aren't currently using will show and you can clean it up there safely.

So yesterday's update fixes the display aberration under certain circumstances when searching, along with enhancing the swipe to change page when using a mobile device.  It also removes the "Reinstall using defaults" icon when on the Installed Apps section.

This icon would cause confusion as to the difference between it and the edit icon, and was probably only used by less than 1% of the users for a very specific purpose (installing a second instance of an application).  It can be re-enabled from CA's settings

Edited by Squid
Mistyped which section reinstall using defaults show on
  • Like 1

The description text of many apps are over the icons.

Unfortunately I can't install a lot of apps because I can't click on the icons that are under the text.

I'm using Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.3 with Firefox 65.0.1 (64-bit).

I already tried to zomm in and zoom out but it didn't solve the problem.

Unraid-apps.png

Edited by Trapizomba
On 3/6/2019 at 7:07 AM, Trapizomba said:

unRaid 6.6.7

Works nice with Chromium Version 72.0.3626.119 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on LinuxMint 18.3 (64-bit)

The way it seems to me is that your version of firefox isn't rendering anything correctly.  The only way you should be able to see 6 columns when you're on at maximum 1920px across is either setting the zoom of the browser very small or setting the dynamix font size to be very small AND a zoom level very small

In your case, it appears that the font-size is relatively a normal size and the zoom is more or less normal, but your browser is deciding to ignore the box sizes I've specified which it does not do on a Windows platform (nor any other browser I can throw at it or Safari on a Mac, or my phones / tablet's browsers)

Thanks for this great plugin!

Currently, I'm looking for the docker Paperless and can't find it within CA. Is there a reason for this?

I already tried the settings for depreciated and incompatible Apps. I'm aware that I can add repositories but I thought CA was based on hub.docker.com and I can find Paperless there.

Thanks for your help :)

5 minutes ago, Symon said:

I thought CA was based on hub.docker.com

It is based on dockers which are supported in this forum. You can enable docker hub searches in Settings in the Apps page, but since there are no Unraid templates for those you will have to set them up yourself based on whatever info you can get at docker hub.

• Upvote 1

If I understand how things work, the available apps are packaged with settings specifically for unraid, and are maintained by unraid users.   Nobody has done one for Paperless apparently.   In settings, you can turn on "enable additional search results from dockerhub" at which point, you will be able to click the whale at the top of your search results to search dockerhub. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, trurl said:

It is based on dockers which are supported in this forum. You can enable docker hub searches in Settings in the Apps page, but since there are no Unraid templates for those you will have to set them up yourself based on whatever info you can get at docker hub.

2 hours ago, sturgismike said:

If I understand how things work, the available apps are packaged with settings specifically for unraid, and are maintained by unraid users.   Nobody has done one for Paperless apparently.   In settings, you can turn on "enable additional search results from dockerhub" at which point, you will be able to click the whale at the top of your search results to search dockerhub. 

Thanks for the answers.

Is there somewhere a description on how to create such templates? I doubt that my knowledge is good enough to help but it would still be interesting to read / understand how it works :)

19 minutes ago, Symon said:

Is there somewhere a description on how to create such templates? I doubt that my knowledge is good enough to help but it would still be interesting to read / understand how it works :)

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-566084

In order to get a template considered for inclusion in CA, you must create a support thread for it. That means you support it.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, flippedcracker said:

When I try to install the plugin, I get this error:

More than likely, Network Settings, and make sure your gateway is set to your router's IP address, and use 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 as the DNS addresses

Hi, where do I report a problem with a template? It’s with the official Plex docker, I tried the support link but it’s dead! The problem with it is that the version field doesn’t work, it’s meant to change the tag but doesn’t! Changed tag to public manually in the repository field and Plex now updates to latest version!

cheers,

Tim

Since PlexInc never seemed to me to be super receptive on templates, I've unilaterally changed the URL for Plex to point to the root of their support thread.

You'll be able to hit it via the Apps Tabs, Installed Apps.  @Squid will have to do something about the fact that now the URL listed in the Docker / Dashboard pages are incorrect

11 minutes ago, dockerPolice said:

@Squid will have to do something about the fact that now the URL listed in the Docker / Dashboard pages are incorrect

25 minutes ago, MothyTim said:

I tried the support link but it’s dead!

To fix the support link on the dashboard / docker tabs, first go to the Apps Tab (to insure the lists are all up to date), then go to plugins, Install Plugin and paste the following URL into the field

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/misc-stuff/master/fix_template.plg

However, due to caching of some values by unRaid, the entry on those tabs won't actually change until you either stop and restart the docker service or reboot your server.

12 minutes ago, Squid said:

To fix the support link on the dashboard / docker tabs, first go to the Apps Tab (to insure the lists are all up to date), then go to plugins, Install Plugin and paste the following URL into the field

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/misc-stuff/master/fix_template.plg

However, due to caching of some values by unRaid, the entry on those tabs won't actually change until you either stop and restart the docker service or reboot your server.

Ok thanks

I had a question which might (overall) be better suited somewhere else, BUT, I figured at least PART of it can go here since it will be in the form of feature requests.

Disclaimer, worse then a novice here as a new unRAID user (outside of SMB testing), flame away, and YES, I have tried google and the forums own search only to find so many "how-to's" and "directions" that I felt lead to post and ask questions in a few different discord's with no good result.

Some of the app's have dependencies which are NOT in CA but can be found in the docker hub search results after adding the advanced flag.

Sadly, cannot seem to set through CA at least what version to pull.

Feature request 1: version to install option

Feature request 2: sort by last updated

Feature request 3: sort by version number where applicable in search results? (this one is more hazy as has super situational context)

This came about because I wanted to install diskover, sadly, it requires elasticsearch (a specific version at that), nothing in CA, but is found in the CA dockerhub results, sadly, this and a few other docker's do NOT support the "latest" tag, so attempting to install will always fail as CA is using the latest tag.

I tried to find the version that was going to be needed for diskover (older v5.6.x) in the results, but sadly with 368 results, I was getting nowhere fast.

With my search results, quite a few different answers such as packages with other things in it, console install methods (multiple, ala the frustration), and while I will try one of those console methods tomorrow when i have had more then 3hrs of sleep for the day (is 11:30~PM for me), I figured I might get chided for missing the "easy" solution in my search results, but for the wonderful assholes friends who pointed me to unRAID and specifically CA, they have about 3 years of experience into unRAID, but never had to venture into console because of how wonderful CA makes it, they where of no help and not able to figure it out either :X!

Much thanks for CA to everyone involved.

Edited by Hammerfest