[Plug-In] Community Applications


3429 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, ramblinreck47 said:

Just had something go wrong on Community Apps while searching for music type plugins. Came here to post this because the message said to do so...

 

On another browser tab / device, you logged out of Unraid's GUI. 

Link to post
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Community Applications (aka CA)     This thread is rather long, and it is NOT necessary to read it in order to utilize Community Applications (CA)  Just install the plugin, go to

My co-workers wondered why I was taking off my shirt.  They are still baffled why I have to show my belly button to a squid.  😁   

I've been going through withdrawal waiting for 6.6 to be released - When was the last time between CA releases ~6 weeks?   2018.09.01 Adjust CSS if unRaid is 6.6+ Many code opt

Posted Images

I have problems with a container (dockerhub conversion?) so I removed it.

When I look this container up in CA and re-install it, the docket template uses all the values I previously had used.

That is useful most of the time, but in this case I want to start fresh.

How can I make CA or unraid to use the docker template as it is in CA, and not what I had changed later?

 

Also how can I remove templates from the selection list where unraid collects all templates I ever used (this list is shown when you click "Add container" on the docker page in unraid)

 

 

Link to post
4 hours ago, b0m541 said:

When I look this container up in CA and re-install it, the docket template uses all the values I previously had used.

 

You're installing it from previous apps.  That behaviour is the entire point of that section.  A search for the container will show up the "raw" template which has no modifications done on it (or likewise, another docker hub search will also show the "raw" template)

 

4 hours ago, b0m541 said:

Also how can I remove templates from the selection list where unraid collects all templates I ever used (this list is shown when you click "Add container" on the docker page in unraid)

Previous Apps, check off what you don't want and click the X in the top right.  You can also go one step further and from Private Apps click the X which will remove the dockerHub conversion from CA's "raw" list

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello;

 

A request;

 

1st some days I want to try out a new app and I find it amusing when I select Random Apps 4 or more of the apps on this list I have already installed. Would it be possible to exclude any installed app from the Random list?

 

2nd Have a filter available to filter out any installed app on the New Apps list. This way for example if I have 2 of the newest apps installed, I will always see 24 of the newest apps I haven’t tried out yet.

 

Thanks for your time.

Link to post

Random Apps:  Sure, no problem.  Makes Sense.  Next release

 

Other places:  I used to allow a setting for installed apps not to be shown, but removed it as IMO it made more sense to always display them, it simplified everything, and I don't need to worry about very complicated programming in what happens if you install something from the New Apps section, when you return back to CA (after dockerMan installs it), does it show or doesn't it, and how to put in the coding to decide whether it's allowed to show in violation of the setting or not.

 

Random apps won't suffer from that because I can simply only disallow it when it gathers the random app once per day and not worry about whether its installed or not for the rest of the time.

Link to post

Hi, is there some maintenance or problems going on with CA related infrastructure?

I've been getting this error (see image) often the last couple of days, I've been going through my network and rebooted routers, DNS settings etc but it seems to be OK.

This occurs randomly a couple of times per day during the last week I would say.

I'm on UnRAID 6.8.3 and CA plugin 2020.07.13 and I haven't seen this error before the last week.

Anteckning 2020-07-20 175802.jpg

Link to post

Try setting the DNS in settings - network, not in the router.   While it's possible the issue isnt there, there are 2 servers with an automatic fallback between the two, and the odds aren't very good that both would go down simultaneously 

Link to post
38 minutes ago, Squid said:

Try setting the DNS in settings - network, not in the router.   While it's possible the issue isnt there, there are 2 servers with an automatic fallback between the two, and the odds aren't very good that both would go down simultaneously 

Yeah I figured it must be something network related closer to my end of things as I haven't seen a single post about someone with the same problem. The thing is that 5 minutes later the appfeed is there again like nothing happened.

As for the DNS settings in my unraid server, they are locked down statically server side from day one.

Link to post
On 7/21/2020 at 6:02 AM, bunkermagnus said:

Yeah I figured it must be something network related closer to my end of things as I haven't seen a single post about someone with the same problem. The thing is that 5 minutes later the appfeed is there again like nothing happened.

As for the DNS settings in my unraid server, they are locked down statically server side from day one.

I am now getting this error too.
I have checked my DNS and everything else is resolving fine.

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 9.49.09 pm.png

Link to post

Hello,

Since yesterday I have the problem that all dockers at "Version" are set to "not available". What could be the reason for this?

806390571_Screenshot_2020-07-23ServerDocker.thumb.png.dd1225fe3d003dabcf47c62ab9dacf06.png

Furthermore, the "App" overview loads significantly longer than normal.

Edited by Tobiasp
Link to post

Not a CA problem, but based on the description, it's a network issue.  (Not necessarily on your end).  You can probably fix by switching to advanced view and doing a "Force Update"  Version not available pops up when during the last time the OS checked for updates, it wasn't able to reach dockerHub.  Slower than normal CA popups would mean that the request to CA's App Server is taking longer than normal (internet / network issues)

Link to post
9 minutes ago, Squid said:

Not a CA problem, but based on the description, it's a network issue.  (Not necessarily on your end).  You can probably fix by switching to advanced view and doing a "Force Update"  Version not available pops up when during the last time the OS checked for updates, it wasn't able to reach dockerHub.  Slower than normal CA popups would mean that the request to CA's App Server is taking longer than normal (internet / network issues)

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response :)

I tried the force update thing. The status remains unchanged, but now the picture is missing. Of course I have tried several dockers.1768404440_Screenshot_2020-07-24ServerDocker.thumb.png.d9ed566e59a9fe94519cfbaa0490f1b8.png

Link to post
1 hour ago, pyrosuperman said:

I am also getting a DNS error for the CA. 

 

has anyone founds a fix?  I've  tried manually setting dns on server and router but. that is the only item having problems. 

What's the output of

ping -c 3 raw.githubusercontent.com

and

ping -c 3 s3.amazonaws.com

 

Have you set up a proxy by chance for the server?

Link to post

root@Miranda:~# ping -c 3 raw.githubusercontent.com
ping: raw.githubusercontent.com: Name or service not known
root@Miranda:~# ping -c 3 s3.amazonaws.com
ping: s3.amazonaws.com: Name or service not known
root@Miranda:~# ping -c 3 8.8.8.8
PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8) 56(84) bytes of data.
From 10.10.10.15 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable
From 10.10.10.15 icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable
From 10.10.10.15 icmp_seq=3 Destination Host Unreachable

--- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 0 received, +3 errors, 100% packet loss, time 2056ms
pipe 3
root@Miranda:~# ping -c 3 www.google.com
ping: www.google.com: Name or service not known
root@Miranda:~# 

 

I had Deluge setup but that is not working. 

 

Link to post

Yeah, you cannot reach the internet at all from the server.   Assuming you've already tried setting DNS addresses, I would disable piHole or pfsense if you've got them.   Beyond that, not quite sure where to go.   A new thread in the general support area with your diagnostics would be the next step

Link to post
3 hours ago, Ryonez said:

Recently I've noticed that fields I remove from templates have started showing back up, and will continue to return whenever I try to remove them again. How do I prevent this behavior?

You would have to remove the template URL using the authoring mode in docker settings. The fields that are popping back were set as required fields when the template was made.

Link to post
2 hours ago, saarg said:

You would have to remove the template URL using the authoring mode in docker settings. The fields that are popping back were set as required fields when the template was made.

I see, thank you for the info.

Link to post

You actually have to manually remove the <TemplateURL>....</TemplateURL> field (or set it to false) by manually editing the appropriate file in /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user on the flash drive.   The GUI has no support for any adjustments to that line

Link to post

unraid os: 6.8.3

Apps: 2020.07.13

 

My community apps section is no longer loading, get this message instead: 

 

Something really wrong went on during get_content
Post the ENTIRE contents of this message in the Community Applications Support Thread

No data was returned. It is probable that another browser session has rebooted your server. Reloading this browser tab will probably fix this error

 

What can I do to determine cause?

 

Jay

Link to post
11 hours ago, jcreynoldsii said:

unraid os: 6.8.3

Apps: 2020.07.13

 

My community apps section is no longer loading, get this message instead: 

 

Something really wrong went on during get_content
Post the ENTIRE contents of this message in the Community Applications Support Thread

No data was returned. It is probable that another browser session has rebooted your server. Reloading this browser tab will probably fix this error

 

What can I do to determine cause?

 

Jay

Do you have other browsers or tabs open to your server on any computer or mobile device?

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.