Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plug-In] Community Applications

Featured Replies

Hi, my community version is 2026.07.21, every server is on 7.3.2 --> do i have to do something?

  • Replies 5k
  • Views 2.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • If the source had been in the same GH user then it winds up being a new plugin. A new plugin gets flagged and I receive a notification, and until the plugins are code-reviewed etc etc the they aren'

  • My co-workers wondered why I was taking off my shirt.  They are still baffled why I have to show my belly button to a squid.  😁   

  • Back up.  Sorry for any and all inconveniences. 

Posted Images

I ran into the same “Download of appfeed failed / Last JSON error: Syntax error” problem on CA 2026.07.21 and did some digging. Posting the diagnostics in case this helps anyone else with a similar ISP/network issue, or if CA can handle this case more gracefully.

DNS and general Internet connectivity are fine. ca.unraid.net resolves correctly and other HTTPS sites such as GitHub work normally.

The problem is specifically traditional TLS over TCP to ca.unraid.net.

A normal request:

curl -4 -v https://ca.unraid.net/assets/feed/applicationFeed-lastUpdated.json

fails during the TLS handshake with either:

SSL routines::wrong version number

or:

Connection reset by peer

I tested the individual Cloudflare destination IPs directly with --resolve, so this is not a DNS-resolution problem.

The interesting part is that an OpenSSL debug capture shows why wrong version number occurs. After sending a TLS ClientHello with:

SNI = ca.unraid.net

the connection receives plaintext HTTP (HTTP/1.0 200 OK) instead of a TLS record, apparently from ISP filtering/interception infrastructure.

Connecting to the same Cloudflare IP without the ca.unraid.net SNI instead receives a genuine TLS response.

I also tested from a completely separate mobile ISP. Using the same Cloudflare IP and ca.unraid.net SNI, TLS succeeds normally:

CONNECTION ESTABLISHED
Protocol version: TLSv1.3
Peer certificate: CN=unraid.net
Verification: OK

and a normal curl request returns:

HTTP/2 200
server: cloudflare

So the problem appears to be ISP/path-specific handling of normal TLS/TCP traffic to ca.unraid.net.

HTTP/3 is unaffected. From the affected connection:

curl --http3-only https://ca.unraid.net/assets/feed/applicationFeed-lastUpdated.json

returns:

HTTP/3 200

PHP's libcurl on Unraid also supports HTTP/3. I tested the CA endpoint directly using:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION, CURL_HTTP_VERSION_3ONLY);

and got:

errno: 0
HTTP: 200
body: {"last_updated_timestamp":...}

As a temporary local test, I modified CA's download_url() so that requests whose host is exactly ca.unraid.net use CURL_HTTP_VERSION_3ONLY.

Community Applications immediately started working normally again.

So in my case the comparison is basically:

ca.unraid.net over normal TLS/TCP  -> intercepted/fails
ca.unraid.net over HTTP/3/QUIC     -> HTTP 200
same TLS request over another ISP  -> HTTP/2 200
CA forced to HTTP/3                -> Apps works

I have reported the false-positive/interception issue to my ISP.

Would it make sense for CA to retry the feed using HTTP/3 when the normal TLS/TCP request fails, assuming the installed libcurl supports it? Alternatively, could there be a fallback feed on a genuinely independent hostname?

I noticed the July changes removed the GitHub application-feed fallback, so users behind ISP filtering or other path-specific problems with ca.unraid.net no longer have that independent fallback. I realize this is ultimately an ISP problem, but an automatic HTTP/3 retry/fallback could make CA more resilient to it.

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2026 at 11:02 AM, manilx said:

Latest version of this plugin freezes the browser tab completely, after browsing the apps for a while. Browser informs that tab should be stopped.

This is repeatable in Firefox/Brave.

The plugin is buggy as hell. The old version was flawless.

How do I downgrade?

Did you ever find a for fix this? A bit sad I haven't been able to use CA in ages cause I use firefox.

On 8/26/2026 at 5:56 PM, Stabster said:

Did you ever find a for fix this? A bit sad I haven't been able to use CA in ages cause I use firefox.

Yes, the issue was ScreenShot 2026-09-01 at 23.24.00.png

I had it at a higher number and it froze Firefox.

Quick feedback on the search. Looks like hyphens confuse it really badly.

Search "binhex-plex"

image.png

Search "plex"

image.png

20 hours ago, manilx said:

Yes, the issue was ScreenShot 2026-09-01 at 23.24.00.png

I had it at a higher number and it froze Firefox.

How could I not have seen this? Mine was at 9999 eventho it's not an option.
Thanks a lot!!

Hi all,

Is there anyway to overcome this issue? Contacting my ISP was pointless, as they don't have anyone smart enough to understand that it's an issue from their side.

Thank you.

image.png

Error:

Download of appfeed failed.
Community Applications requires your server to have internet access. The most common cause of this failure is a failure to resolve DNS addresses. You can try and reset your modem and router to fix this issue, or set static DNS addresses (Settings - Network Settings) of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and try again.
Alternatively, you might need to enable the Cloudflare CDN (Settings - Community Applications).

Last JSON error Recorded: Syntax error

2 hours ago, HAMANY said:

Hi all,

Is there anyway to overcome this issue? Contacting my ISP was pointless, as they don't have anyone smart enough to understand that it's an issue from their side.

Thank you.

image.png

Error:

Download of appfeed failed.
Community Applications requires your server to have internet access. The most common cause of this failure is a failure to resolve DNS addresses. You can try and reset your modem and router to fix this issue, or set static DNS addresses (Settings - Network Settings) of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and try again.
Alternatively, you might need to enable the Cloudflare CDN (Settings - Community Applications).

Last JSON error Recorded: Syntax error

No guarantees here, but If you went to Settings -> Network Settings in Unraid and manually set the DNS Servers to the ones listed and it still fails, try setting DNS server 2 to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 and see if that helps.

2 minutes ago, wirenut said:

No guarantees here, but If you went to Settings -> Network Settings in Unraid and manually set the DNS Servers to the ones listed and it still fails, try setting DNS server 2 to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 and see if that helps.

Tried that already, unfortunately it didn't work.

I've used the AI to investigate, the conclusion was that I was not able to reach the subdomain (ca.unraid.net) through TCP, however the HTTP works fine. It's blocked from the ISP level.

Troubleshooting:

curl -sS -o /dev/null -m 15 -w '%{http_code}\n' https://ca.unraid.net/assets/feed/applicationFeed-lastUpdated.json # Fails (Works with VPN only)

curl --http3 -sS -o /dev/null -m 15 -w '%{http_code}\n' https://ca.unraid.net/assets/feed/applicationFeed-lastUpdated.json # Works

On 9/4/2026 at 12:31 AM, HAMANY said:

Tried that already, unfortunately it didn't work.

I've used the AI to investigate, the conclusion was that I was not able to reach the subdomain (ca.unraid.net) through TCP, however the HTTP works fine. It's blocked from the ISP level.

Troubleshooting:

curl -sS -o /dev/null -m 15 -w '%{http_code}\n' https://ca.unraid.net/assets/feed/applicationFeed-lastUpdated.json # Fails (Works with VPN only)

curl --http3 -sS -o /dev/null -m 15 -w '%{http_code}\n' https://ca.unraid.net/assets/feed/applicationFeed-lastUpdated.json # Works

Thanks for the tip from @yaharga , modifying CA’s code has fixed the issue (it’s basically a workaround).

This is a step-by-step guide. Follow it at your own risk; it was created by Claude.

https://claude.ai/code/artifact/7e6deebd-68c7-4d8c-989e-dd8c75f38aa5

Edited by HAMANY

On 9/5/2026 at 9:10 PM, HAMANY said:

Thanks for the tip from @yaharga , modifying CA’s code has fixed the issue (it’s basically a workaround).

This is a step-by-step guide. Follow it at your own risk; it was created by Claude.

https://claude.ai/code/artifact/7e6deebd-68c7-4d8c-989e-dd8c75f38aa5

For me it was ubiquiti blocking access to the page. Maybe some firewall rule on your side as well?
In ubiquiti under Settings > Cyber Secure > Content Filtering i added ca.unraid.net to the allowlist and it worked fine.

2 hours ago, lambolighting said:

For me it was ubiquiti blocking access to the page. Maybe some firewall rule on your side as well?
In ubiquiti under Settings > Cyber Secure > Content Filtering i added ca.unraid.net to the allowlist and it worked fine.

I've already check the firewall and DNS server. The issue was confirmed to be from the ISP.

Several friends of mine using the same ISP with different routers/firewalls have the same issue.

Title: GHCR download statistics in Community Applications

Quick question about how Community Applications handles download statistics for containers hosted on GHCR.

I recently published X-ONU-SFPP Dashboard in Community Applications. The container is hosted exclusively on GHCR:

ghcr.io/JPetovello/x-onu-sfpp-dashboard:latest

I noticed that my application doesn't currently display a download count in the CA AppFeed, so I did some digging to understand where that metric comes from.

From what I can tell, the CA download count appears to be based on Docker Hub repository pull counts rather than tracking actual installations made through Community Applications.

A couple of interesting examples I noticed:

  • MeTube currently uses ghcr.io/alexta69/metube:latest in CA, but still shows a CA download count. There is a corresponding alexta69/metube repository on Docker Hub with a pull count in the same general range.

  • absulli uses ghcr.io/operationeth/absulli:latest, but also displays a download count. It similarly has a corresponding operationeth/absulli repository on Docker Hub.

My repository, jpetovello/x-onu-sfpp-dashboard, doesn't exist on Docker Hub, and the CA feed shows no download value for the app.

I'd prefer not to publish or duplicate the project on Docker Hub just to populate this statistic, so I plan to keep it GHCR-only.

Would it be possible for CA/AppFeed to fetch pull or download statistics directly for GHCR-hosted containers?

If GitHub simply doesn't expose a usable public GHCR pull counter, that completely answers my question. I'm mostly just curious if GHCR statistics could eventually be supported within the existing AppFeed system.

I woke up to this today. I haven't made any changes to my network or server in some time. Some guidance would be appreciatedimage.png

4 hours ago, gadget069 said:

I woke up to this today. I haven't made any changes to my network or server in some time. Some guidance would be appreciatedimage.png

Check this post. The guide has some troubleshooting steps.

On 9/11/2026 at 3:01 AM, lambolighting said:

For me it was ubiquiti blocking access to the page. Maybe some firewall rule on your side as well?
In ubiquiti under Settings > Cyber Secure > Content Filtering i added ca.unraid.net to the allowlist and it worked fine.

I also am using Ubiquiti gear, CGM. I tried adding this to the whitelist filter, doesn't see it as a valis web address.

image.png

On 9/11/2026 at 9:01 AM, lambolighting said:

For me it was ubiquiti blocking access to the page. Maybe some firewall rule on your side as well?
In ubiquiti under Settings > Cyber Secure > Content Filtering i added ca.unraid.net to the allowlist and it worked fine.

Thanks so much, this was my issue too. I had Unifi's own Adblock enabled which was blocking ca.unraid.net. I added ca.unraid.net to the Adblock's Allowlist.

On 9/11/2026 at 9:01 AM, lambolighting said:

For me it was ubiquiti blocking access to the page. Maybe some firewall rule on your side as well?
In ubiquiti under Settings > Cyber Secure > Content Filtering i added ca.unraid.net to the allowlist and it worked fine.

Thanks, this was my issue too. I am using my UDM's own Adblock ruleset and it was blocking ca.unraid.net. I added it to the Adblock's Allowlist and it worked again.

On 9/11/2026 at 5:31 AM, HAMANY said:

I've already check the firewall and DNS server. The issue was confirmed to be from the ISP.

Several friends of mine using the same ISP with different routers/firewalls have the same issue.

Which ISP? I have Spectrum internet.

I also just recently started having issues accessing Community Apps. Adding ca.unraid.net to my allow-list in my Ubiquiti dashboard (settings->Cyber Secure->Content Filter) fixed the issue for me.

Edited by ElTedChuck

I have been working through this error for the past couple of hours :
image.png

The issue ended up being my PiHole (I run 2). Something with the upstream DNS servers was not working correctly, so I changed them to Cloudflare and OpenDNS. As soon as I changed this it immediately started working. Hope this helps!

5 hours ago, gadget069 said:

I also am using Ubiquiti gear, CGM. I tried adding this to the whitelist filter, doesn't see it as a valis web address.

image.png

only ca.unraid.net, no https.

Appearently it never did save my settings. Works now, thanks.

Edited by gadget069

On 9/11/2026 at 4:01 AM, lambolighting said:

For me it was ubiquiti blocking access to the page. Maybe some firewall rule on your side as well?
In ubiquiti under Settings > Cyber Secure > Content Filtering i added ca.unraid.net to the allowlist and it worked fine.

You are a life saver!

Apparently, this has been an issue for a while, but I haven't needed to hit up the App store for a while. Ran into this 2 days ago and was beating my head on the desk. Making that change, followed by ipconfig /flushdns at the command line and I'm back up and running.

Hi, I just submitted my consolidated repo (github.com/RayMunro/HackerHog) for review, and noticed I already have 3 older individual-repo submissions that are approved and live in CA:

- github.com/RayMunro/unraid-parity-spotcheck (Parity Spot Check)

- github.com/RayMunro/unraid-mains-power-monitor (Mains Power Monitor)

- github.com/RayMunro/dockyard (dockyard)

I've since consolidated all of my apps and plugins into HackerHog as a single repo (per the submission tool's own recommendation), and removed the CA templates from these 3 older repos as part of that move. Could these 3 be retired/removed from Community Applications once HackerHog is approved, so users don't end up with duplicate listings? Happy to provide anything else you need. Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.