[Plug-In] Community Applications

Should probably clarify why I hated the spinner on CA when it's a blank screen.  CA is a ton faster (for various reasons) at getting its required information than say the plugins tab or the docker tab.  Net result is that the built-in spinner would simply appear and more or less promplty disappear (because there's a delay built-in before it displays).

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, bonienl said:

the "Unraid.net" plugin

And what plugin is that? ;) 

But figured out where the problem lies and fixed for next release

But, in real life the issue would never happen because while I don't know what the plugin is or can see it, it technically isn't a proper one as it is missing the pluginURL attribute and would cause nothing but issues as it cannot be updated.

Edited by Squid
1 minute ago, bonienl said:

He, he, this is an unofficial plugin of LT to test new functionality. Don't worry.

Well, you'd think that they would include the (pretty much) required attribute in it  😁  I expect the next post will be that FCP is complaining about it.

• Upvote 1
Just now, aptalca said:

Do we get a prize if we guess right? 

I was actually going to do that.  Got some $ stuck in paypal that they won't let me withdraw, and I figured I'd be able to transfer it to someone, but did a test and it won't even let me do that.  So, no prize beyond bragging rights to whomever sees it first.

Receiving the following error - something happen? Had multiple updates failed and began poking to find this 😮 After the update failure I was trying to install the older code - no go so far.

plugin: installing: /boot/config/plugins-old-versions/community.applications.plg/2018.09.28/community.applications.plg

Cleaning Up Old Versions

plugin: downloading: https://raw.github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/archive/community.applications-2018.09.28.txz ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)
plugin: wget: https://raw.github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/archive/community.applications-2018.09.28.txz download failure (Invalid URL / Server error response)

Downloaded directly from https://github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/blob/master/plugins/community.applications.plg and attempted to install after copying to the flash and got this next error:

plugin: installing: /boot/bak-plug/community.applications.plg
plugin: file doesn't exist or xml parse error

I'm stumped, hoping it's just some network weirdness but wanted to give a heads up :(

Edit: MAY have found the issue? System log is full. I have a sneaking suspicion that's causing me problems. Once I figure out how to flush it I'll try again. Rebooting isn't an option right now :(

Edit2: Was able to do a clean install from the link at the start of this thread after clearing a little space for syslog. Ugh! atop logging had filled my log directory not syslog much to my surprise. Two large files multiple days old were responsible - not sure WTF but deleted them.

Edited by BLKMGK
On 5/29/2015 at 8:18 AM, Squid said:

Community Applications

community-icon-5161.png

This thread is rather long (and is mostly all off-topic), and it is NOT necessary to read it in order to utilize Community Applications (CA)  Just install the plugin, go to the apps tab and enjoy the freedom.  If you find an issue with CA, then don't bother searching for answers in this thread as all issues (when they have surfaced) are fixed generally the same day that they are found... (But at least read the preceding post or two on the last page of the thread) - This is without question, the best supported plugin / addon in the universe - on any platform.

Simple interface and easy to use, you will be able to find any of the unRaid docker or plugin applications, and also optionally gain access to the entire library of applications available on dockerHub (~50,000)

To install this plugin, paste the following URL into the Plugins / Install PlugIn section:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg

After installation, a new tab called "Apps" will appear on your unRaid webGUI.

Note All screenshots in this post are subject to change as Community Applications continues to evolve

Easily search or browse applications

image.thumb.png.24eed01d03a5ed9f41de0756a08f9013.png

Get full details on the application

image.png.15786ccef44f304f3298dad59b188381.png

Easily reinstall previously installed applications

image.thumb.png.a9312ac39592c7f24d76b210b075c36e.png

Able to optionally search for any container from dockerHub

image.thumb.png.8ad094e84238719c7d8a4b0e8df5701f.png

And much, much more

Buy Andrew A Beer!

CA.png

Not able to install community applications on my unraid.

unraid.PNG

tower-diagnostics-20181123-0000.zip

Edited by ThePhotraveller
24 minutes ago, trurl said:

This diagnostic shows the same thing as the one you posted in the 6.6.5 release thread.

You are being hacked! Take your server off the internet! You have IPs from Ukraine, Netherlands, others trying to get into your server!

I had to use port forwarding to this ip to check problems remotely for my server. May i know how to sort the issue please. 

14 minutes ago, ThePhotraveller said:

I had to use port forwarding to this ip to check problems remotely for my server.

Should use a VPN instead

15 minutes ago, ThePhotraveller said:

May i know how to sort the issue please. 

DNS_SERVER1="0.0.0.0"

Use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in network settings

• Upvote 1