[Plug-In] MediaTreeCheck - Check if Media Tree and DVB Adapter is available

This plugin is now deprecated! Go here for the ultimate DVB plugin

I made a plugin that checks if you have the media tree available and that your DVB Adapter was recognized. It also changes the owner:group to nobody:users on your DVB Adapter so people don't have to set anything in their go file to get their adapter running in the tvheadend docker.

I used WW & Mettbrots Tvheadend plugin as the base and removed everything that didn't have to do with the above.

You can install it by adding this line in the install plugin screen:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tobbenb/unraid6-plugins/master/MediaTreeCheck/MediaTreeCheck.plg

After the plugin is installed you will find it under Settings --> User Utilities.

This is for V6 only.

Changelog

- Added launch entity so the plugin is launched from the plugins page when clicking the icon.

- Added Utilities.page so plugin appears in the settings page in case no other plugins are installed.

- Added function to check if /dev/dvb is present before changing permissions.

- Another try to fix changing permissions on /dev/dvb.   

Hi,

I've installed the plugin, but Settings -> User Utilities doesn't appear for me.  I'm useing unRAID v6.

At a previous time, I had Mettbrot's tvheadend plugin installed and the plugin icon in Settings appeared for me. Once I got your tvheadend docker working I stopped using the tvheadend plugin. I'm not sure why this plugin doesn't work for me as you've written it's based on Mettbrot's..

Edit:

Searching through the boards I see gfgardim made a preclear plugin that didn't appear in User Utilities if it was the only one...http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39985.msg375470#msg375470. I currently don't have any other User Utilities.

Edit2:

I installed another plugin that had an icon appear in User Settings and voila...the MediaTreeCheck icon appeared.

Hi,

I've installed the plugin, but Settings -> User Utilities doesn't appear for me.  I'm useing unRAID v6.

At a previous time, I had Mettbrot's tvheadend plugin installed and the plugin icon in Settings appeared for me. Once I got your tvheadend docker working I stopped using the tvheadend plugin. I'm not sure why this plugin doesn't work for me as you've written it's based on Mettbrot's..

Edit:

Searching through the boards I see gfgardim made a preclear plugin that didn't appear in User Utilities if it was the only one...http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39985.msg375470#msg375470. I currently don't have any other User Utilities.

Edit2:

I installed another plugin that had an icon appear in User Settings and voila...the MediaTreeCheck icon appeared.

saarg:

You've got to add a Utilities.page in the same location as your other page.  It contains:

Menu="Settings"
Title="User Utilities"
Type="menu"

I did the exact same error on my first plugin.

Hi,

Edit:

Edit2:

Sorry about that. Thanks for reporting.

When I tested it I already had installed plugins under utilities.

Hi,

Edit:

Edit2:

saarg:

You've got to add a Utilities.page in the same location as your other page.  It contains:

Menu="Settings"
Title="User Utilities"
Type="menu"

I did the exact same error on my first plugin.

Thanks mate  :)

I'll add that later. I saw it in your plugin, but didn't understand why it was there...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Squid locked this topic