70 posts in this topic Last Reply

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Developer / Maintainer Profiles   CA supports developer profiles.  This allows a user to look at and compare the developers who are creating / supporting the various containers / plugins.  I

Minor change in XML requirements going forward.   Either <Description> or <Overview> is required.  Any template (plugin or docker) missing both of these (or empty) will automatic

And further refinements / enforcements:  Certain template errors which were originally being fixed by CA are now being reclassified as fatal.   These include:   Multiple <Reposi

Posted Images

Possible stupid question incoming....

Is it possible to create an empty Docker template. 

The user can then add variables, paths and the dockerhub info in the GUI (assuming you pull the update from dockerhub and not github?) 

This would be handy for:

1. Testing Docker images that arent in the CA

2. Docker images maintained by someone who doesnt want to build the Unraid App and still benefit from the update mechanics (and Unraid-API)

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Just hit Add Container from the Docker Tab.  Nothing says you have to select anything from the drop down

Thanks for the quick response - that was exactly what i was looking for. I've been asking as many folks to create unraid templates where possible, but sometimes it doesnt make sense for them.

Thanks for maintaining the CA - its a real game changer for Unraid! 

On 12/2/2020 at 2:28 AM, Squid said:

Developer / Maintainer Profiles

CA revisions due Decemeber 2020 support developer profiles.  This allows a user to look at and compare the developers who are creating / supporting the various containers / plugins.  In order to take advantage of this, create a file within your template repositories called ca_profile.xml

For most developers, the profile would be something akin to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Maintainer>
  <Icon>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/docker-templates/master/ich777/images/avatar.jpg</Icon>
  <Profile>
    Creating Docker containers with a little different approach than most developers, the container only has the dependencies installed and also the start script and downloads the application itself on the first start and updates the application on every start/restart of the container.
  </Profile>
  <DonateLink>https://www.paypal.me/chips777</DonateLink>
  <DonateText>If you like my work please consider Donating.</DonateText>
</Maintainer>

image.png.27dadafb74af3ee25e5b455d2b8706fe.png

However there are also other entries which can be utilized if so desired:

<Forum> - A link to a forum page here (announcement thread, general support thread etc)

<WebPage> - A link to a webpage you operate

<Facebook> - A link to a facebook group / page 

<Reddit> - A link to a reddit group

<Discord> - A link to a discord site

<Twitter> - A link to a twitter page

image.png.9c0ba15b94335ef6672a12e2aa46324b.png

Whenever a user happens to look at the repositories that are present in any given search result, the ones which have the profile filled out are displayed first in the list.

What should we know about the Icon tag? What image formats are supported, is transparency supported, what are the minimum and maximum dimensions, optimal file size, optimal ratio, etc?

On 12/2/2020 at 11:28 AM, Squid said:

Developer / Maintainer Profiles

CA revisions due Decemeber 2020 support developer profiles.  This allows a user to look at and compare the developers who are creating / supporting the various containers / plugins.  In order to take advantage of this, create a file within your template repositories called ca_profile.xml

For most developers, the profile would be something akin to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Maintainer>
  <Icon>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/docker-templates/master/ich777/images/avatar.jpg</Icon>
  <Profile>
    Creating Docker containers with a little different approach than most developers, the container only has the dependencies installed and also the start script and downloads the application itself on the first start and updates the application on every start/restart of the container.
  </Profile>
  <DonateLink>https://www.paypal.me/chips777</DonateLink>
  <DonateText>If you like my work please consider Donating.</DonateText>
</Maintainer>

image.png.27dadafb74af3ee25e5b455d2b8706fe.png

However there are also other entries which can be utilized if so desired:

<Forum> - A link to a forum page here (announcement thread, general support thread etc)

<WebPage> - A link to a webpage you operate

<Facebook> - A link to a facebook group / page 

<Reddit> - A link to a reddit group

<Discord> - A link to a discord site

<Twitter> - A link to a twitter page

image.png.9c0ba15b94335ef6672a12e2aa46324b.png

Whenever a user happens to look at the repositories that are present in any given search result, the ones which have the profile filled out are displayed first in the list.

I do like this.

Did I set this up right?

https://github.com/rix1337/docker-templates/blob/master/rix1337/ca_profile.xml

Hi,

I'm quite new to Unraid and trying to get in touch with Unraids Docker XML templates.

I created a simple Github repo. Then created a XML template using the "Template Authoring Mode" in Unraid and pushed the file to the repo. 

After all i added my repo to the "Template repositories:" Section in the Docker tab.

When I'm now trying to add a new container there is no template displayed in the dropdown menu. :(

I tested with some other repos like https://github.com/juusujanar/unraid-templates which worked well. 

Im quite not sure what else is needed to make my repo/ XML file valid. Did I miss something? 

Thanks in advance.

Regards, 

André

Your problem is that the xml is in the "main" branch.  dockerMan only supports the "master" branch.  (For repositories, CA supports both main and master)

4 hours ago, andre (buanet) said:

useful to place this as an issue.

It's already a known issue, and relatively minor since the usage of "Template Repositories" is rare (due to CA), and easy work arounds -> either switch to master branch or place the xmls on the flash drive.

• 4 weeks later...

Next release of CA supports a new entry on the xml templates

<ExtraSearchTerms>text</ExtraSearchTerms>

These are extra search terms (separated by a space) for which you want your app to be able to be searched by.  These terms will appear in the auto complete entries.

Note that auto complete entries are already composed of:

• The repository
  • The name of the app
  • The author of the app (plugins only)
  • Categories (both in English and Translated)

Searches are done by name of app, repository, descriptions/overviews and categories

The extra search terms allows you to have the app searchable by any addition terms you might want that don't really fit into any of the above.

eg: on User Scripts I've added in

<ExtraSearchTerms>cron crontab schedule</ExtraSearchTerms>

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I found a docker for a clever UI to control LFTp. However it’s not directly unraid ready.

I’ve tried just installing it but getting some errors and would like to figure this out and just create an xml file for it so it can work more readily (and others can benefit).

There’s gotta be an updated How To guide somewhere? This is the most relevant thing I found but it’s several years old and not sure if it’s accurate still

Donation links within templates are now deprecated.  In other words, all an author / maintainer has to do is fill out the appropriate entries within their profile ( https://forums.unraid.net/topic/38619-docker-template-xml-schema/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-919111

If (for some reason) you desire a different donation link on a specific template, then just add the appropriate entries to that template, and it will take precedence over the profile one.

You do NOT have to adjust any of your existing templates to handle this change.  Any / all existing donation links whether or not you have filled out a profile will still work.