WD20EADS $199.99 @ Dell Home

Nyago123

Yep I was tempted by this one 2 days ago also. If anyone is actually biting (i'm waiting) and you have a bank of america account... their AddItUp cashback program is currently at 6% (kills tax for me since I get charged 7%).

That is still expensive for 2TB especially when you consider how slow these drives are. If you watch Dell you can get 3TB for $199 (2x 1.5TB Seagates) which are much faster drives. I believe the current coupon code mentioned in a recent post is still working.

These drives are fast enough for unRAID use.  They are also low power and low heat esp. compared to the Seagate 1.5s.  $100/1T is not a bad price.  If I were starting a new array, this is likely the way I could go.

I plan on replacing my 1TB drives with these to save some valuable connection points, heat, and energy.

Agreed. An often overlooked point is a HDD costs more than the disk itself. You have to add all your hardware and licensing costs and divide by the number of drives you can support.

That is still expensive for 2TB especially when you consider how slow these drives are. If you watch Dell you can get 3TB for $199 (2x 1.5TB Seagates) which are much faster drives. I believe the current coupon code mentioned in a recent post is still working.

Could you please post the current coupon if it works, thanks.

Archived