UPS Options

I have the UPS directly connected to my unRAID box and it works perfect!  Thank you for everyone's hard work on that.

My question is can we had the option for the UPS plugin to run a optional command at time of shutdown?

I'd like the UPS plugin so send a command to another ESXi box I have so it would shut down as well.

Thanks!

I have the UPS directly connected to my unRAID box and it works perfect!  Thank you for everyone's hard work on that.

My question is can we had the option for the UPS plugin to run a optional command at time of shutdown?

I'd like the UPS plugin so send a command to another ESXi box I have so it would shut down as well.

Thanks!

Nothing needs to be added. Just put APCUPSD on that other box and configure it as a slave to the APCUPSD running on unRAID. See the APCUPSD documentation.

I have mine setup that way to shutdown my PC. I know others do also. You must be sure the network is also on the UPS so the slave can receive the command.

my APC UPS uses the old Smart DB9 cable though.  How would the slave get a signal from it?

The master APCUPSD on unRAID sends the signal over the LAN to the slave APCUPSD on the other computer. You must make sure to keep the network up by putting switches / routers on UPS also.
  • 4 weeks later...