unRAID Server Release 6.0-rc4-x86_64 Available

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When trying to create a new VM, I cannot see the shares (above).  I only see Disk1 through Disk5, as well as "user".    Meaning I can't select my "VM_Images" share as where the VM should be installed.

I see the below is a known issue, please ignore this part:

Does anyone else's shares show up with a yellow triangle ("Some or all files are on unprotected storage.")

I don't have a cache drive, and all my shares are on the "normal" (for a lack of a better term) disks, XFS formatted.

Your share should be listed as a sub folder under "user".

Your other issue sounds like a bug.

Thanks Jon, and agree.  For some reason the user folder wasn't expanding before, but when I just went back in to try again, it did.  Probably a browser cache issue...

Thanks again!

did something change with the behavior to install packages in the extra folder ?

i have a wake on lan package there that i need to auto wake up my other server

and seems this is not installed automatically any more after the upgrade from b15 to rc4 ?

do i need to add the install line again in the go file ?

This happened to me on a previous upgrade. I ended up finding an old log window (which had worked) was still open. After closing the old log window, a new log window worked fine. I tried to reproduce the problem but couldn't.

Yeah indeed opening more than one popup window will result in empty windows, only the first window receives information.

Do you have some add-on or plugin install in your browser that it is intended to block pop-ups?

Finally found the culprit, it's my antivirus (F-Secure).

No other option than to deactivate it completely to allow log windows to work

Thanks all for the help and sorry as it seems to be unrelated to RC4

Hope this can help others anyway

I've noticed on RC4 the page update frequency feature set to real time does not dynamically update my drives read/writes until i refresh the webpage. This is from multiple pcs/browsers. Any ideas?

Read/Write counters are updated every minute, this hasn't changed.

I have performed a test by transferring 250gb to disk3 in my array and waited 15 minutes with disk 3 still showing as spun down. After a manual refresh on my chrome tab I then see disk 3 spun up. Of note before upgrading to RC4 I formatted my USB key, installed Unraid and copied my config folder over. Is there something legacy within my config folder possibly causing the issue?

I've noticed on RC4 the page update frequency feature set to real time does not dynamically update my drives read/writes until i refresh the webpage. This is from multiple pcs/browsers. Any ideas?

I have performed a test by transferring 250gb to disk3 in my array and waited 15 minutes with disk 3 still showing as spun down. After a manual refresh on my chrome tab I then see disk 3 spun up. Of note before upgrading to RC4 I formatted my USB key, installed Unraid and copied my config folder over. Is there something legacy within my config folder possibly causing the issue?

I've tried setting page updates to the 'regular' setting. After each 10 second countdown nothing changes until I manually refresh the tab. Happens in both firefox and chrome.

First things first...I jumped from b15 to rc4.

I have a Lenovo M92p Tiny (http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/thinkcentre/m-series-tiny/m92p/) connected to my bedroom TV and is running OpenELEC 5.08.  It is connected wirelessly to my WiFi 5Ghz router.  I have NEVER had any media playback issues with this device (including 30+Mbit BDRIPS from my unRAID box).

Last night is the first time I ever saw OE buffer/stutter on that machine and it did it consistently about every 30 seconds.  I figured that the client just needed a clean boot as I keep it on all the time.  After the reboot, I continued to see the same behavior.  What's worse...the file I was trying to play was only a ~8Mbit 720P MKV that I have played numerous times without issue (one of the cartoons my boys like to watch).

I'm not ready to say that this is an RC issue.  I want to do more testing.  It just seems awfully coincidental that I have never had this issue prior to upgrading to an RC.  Nothing else has changed in the interim.  However, it's very possible I could have had some extra traffic/interference on the WiFi band.  I plan on booting the WiFi router when I get home.

Just wanted to get this on the radar in case the issue persists.  I will report back.

John

First things first...I jumped from b15 to rc4.

I have a Lenovo M92p Tiny (http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/thinkcentre/m-series-tiny/m92p/) connected to my bedroom TV and is running OpenELEC 5.08.  It is connected wirelessly to my WiFi 5Ghz router.  I have NEVER had any media playback issues with this device (including 30+Mbit BDRIPS from my unRAID box).

Last night is the first time I ever saw OE buffer/stutter on that machine and it did it consistently about every 30 seconds.  I figured that the client just needed a clean boot as I keep it on all the time.  After the reboot, I continued to see the same behavior.  What's worse...the file I was trying to play was only a ~8Mbit 720P MKV that I have played numerous times without issue (one of the cartoons my boys like to watch).

I'm not ready to say that this is an RC issue.  I want to do more testing.  It just seems awfully coincidental that I have never had this issue prior to upgrading to an RC.  Nothing else has changed in the interim.  However, it's very possible I could have had some extra traffic/interference on the WiFi band.  I plan on booting the WiFi router when I get home.

Just wanted to get this on the radar in case the issue persists.  I will report back.

John

If you narrow it down to your server, please try this:

1. Determine which disk the stream originates from.  If from a disk share this is easy, it's just the disk number.  If a user share you can go to the Shares page and navigate the share until you find your stream file and the disk number it's stored on will be shown.

2. From console or telnet type this command:

blockdev --setra /dev/md1 2048

<-- replace the "1" with whichever disk number your stream file is on.

This will double the read ahead setting for that device.

I tested this and it is working as expected in RC4. Counters and disk status are updated every minute.

Check if you have anything installed in /boot/extra, /boot/plugins, /boot/config/plugins.

Same on my system, antivirus (but I'm using NOD32).  Only way to see the logs on my work system is to disable web protection.  I've tried adding both the machine name and IP to the whitelist, but it still won't show.

Do you have some add-on or plugin install in your browser that it is intended to block pop-ups?

Finally found the culprit, it's my antivirus (F-Secure).

No other option than to deactivate it completely to allow log windows to work

Thanks all for the help and sorry as it seems to be unrelated to RC4

Hope this can help others anyway

I'm having issues on both my servers where the mapped share in windows is not showing the correct free space. It varies every day, and i'm not sure what causes it. Today I was showing 16.6TB and 17.4TB free, but yesterday it was 16.2TB and 16.7TB free. I didn't delete anything or change anything on them. Cache drives were empty all week. I've verified every drive in the system (18 and 19 drives respectively) has the share folders, and i've verified the share settings. I am not positive when this started, but it happened on RC3 too.

I'm having issues on both my servers where the mapped share in windows is not showing the correct free space. It varies every day, and i'm not sure what causes it. Today I was showing 16.6TB and 17.4TB free, but yesterday it was 16.2TB and 16.7TB free. I didn't delete anything or change anything on them. It seems to vary 1-2TB free space seemingly at random. I've verified the shares i'm mapping have a share folder on every drive in the system (18 and 19 drives respectively), and i've verified the share settings include all drives. I am not positive when this started, but it happened on RC3 too.

Do you have a cache drive that may occasionally contain content for the shares in question? If so, I think the cache drive may be added to the capacity if it has content that is part of the share, and excluded from the total when all content is moved to the array.

I'm having issues on both my servers where the mapped share in windows is not showing the correct free space. It varies every day, and i'm not sure what causes it. Today I was showing 16.6TB and 17.4TB free, but yesterday it was 16.2TB and 16.7TB free. I didn't delete anything or change anything on them. It seems to vary 1-2TB free space seemingly at random. I've verified the shares i'm mapping have a share folder on every drive in the system (18 and 19 drives respectively), and i've verified the share settings include all drives. I am not positive when this started, but it happened on RC3 too.

Do you have a cache drive that may occasionally contain content for the shares in question? If so, I think the cache drive may be added to the capacity if it has content that is part of the share, and excluded from the total when all content is moved to the array.

Cache drives move on Sunday, and they've been empty all week. What's weird to me is how today it claims I gained almost 1TB of space, that's not possible unless I deleted files which I definitely did not.

I can report that RC4 running on ESXi still gives this error in syslog over and over again:

kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

What version of esxi are you running?  I'm seeing the same thing on 6

I can report that RC4 running on ESXi still gives this error in syslog over and over again:

Using ESXi 5.5. I saw the same behavior on all the RCs so far. Beta 15 and before was fine.

Using ESXi 5.5. I saw the same behavior on all the RCs so far. Beta 15 and before was fine.

Well that rules out rolling back to 5.5, thanks.

Weird.  I'm on 5.5, and my syslog is clean and tidy.

Apparently that is a new Tool under 'Tools' called 'Diagnostics'.  It will collect all manner information on your system including syslog, smart reports, Shares information, array information and most of the configurations files zipped up into one containing file.  It should be a really great help in getting the information necessary to help people with issues. 

(I got it a few weeks as part of a testing group and I saw today where someone had included it in a post.  I queried about it and he said he just found it and thought it "Great improvement of RC4 ".)

On behalf of all those who help and support others, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Now if you could add automated analysis, troubleshooting, and fix-it tools ...    :)

Yes, I am looking forward to just telling the user to click on this. Maybe we could refer to it in this sticky which I already have linked in my sig.

I've updated the Need help? Read me first! post, to include the new diagnostics dump file, plus a few other small tweaks.  Please let me know if you have any further suggestions!

By the way, bonienl, I believe you indicated that a way to call for the local generation of the diagnostics dump from the command line was coming.  If it's ready now, can you enlighten us how to do it?  I'd like to add that to the 'Need Help' post, for when the network is down.

And while I have you, a few more requests?  Could you change the 'array' folder name to 'system', keep array.txt in it, add system.txt with the results of 'lspci', 'lsscsi', and 'free -mt' (maybe others later?), and add network.txt with the results of 'ethtool -i eth0', 'ethtool eth0', and 'ifconfig'.  Of course, you may have better ideas!

Nice to see smb-extra.conf now in the dump zip file too!

Weird.  I'm on 5.5, and my syslog is clean and tidy.

I'm on ESXi 5.5 with no issues either.  My unRAID guest is fairly simple.  No VMs (in unRAID) and no dockers either.

My first V6 beta was b15.  Since then I've been on rc2, rc3, and now rc4.  Nothing strange in my logs:

root@OshTank:~# fgrep usb /var/log/syslog 
Jun  4 20:32:00 OshTank kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
Jun  4 20:32:00 OshTank kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
Jun  4 20:32:00 OshTank kernel: usbcore: registered new device driver usb
Jun  4 20:32:00 OshTank kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
Jun  4 20:32:00 OshTank kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
Jun  4 20:32:00 OshTank kernel: usbhid: USB HID core driver
Jun  4 20:32:00 OshTank kernel: usb 2-1: new full-speed USB device number 2 using uhci_hcd
Jun  4 20:32:00 OshTank kernel: usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci
Jun  4 20:32:00 OshTank kernel: usb-storage 1-1:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
Jun  4 20:32:00 OshTank kernel: scsi host2: usb-storage 1-1:1.0
Jun  4 20:32:00 OshTank kernel: input: VMware VMware Virtual USB Mouse as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:11.0/0000:02:00.0/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/0003:0E0F:0003.0001/input/input4
Jun  4 20:32:00 OshTank kernel: hid-generic 0003:0E0F:0003.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [VMware VMware Virtual USB Mouse] on usb-0000:02:00.0-1/input0
Jun  4 20:32:00 OshTank kernel: input: VMware VMware Virtual USB Mouse as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:11.0/0000:02:00.0/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.1/0003:0E0F:0003.0002/input/input5
Jun  4 20:32:00 OshTank kernel: hid-generic 0003:0E0F:0003.0002: input,hidraw1: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [VMware VMware Virtual USB Mouse] on usb-0000:02:00.0-1/input1
Jun  4 20:32:00 OshTank kernel: usb 2-2: new full-speed USB device number 3 using uhci_hcd
root@OshTank:~#               

John