agw

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 years later...

Hi, I'm trying to follow along with the guide in post #341. When trying to install crashplan (after saying yes to the EULA and default directories) I get this error message. I'm useless with linux so I really don't know what to make of it.

downloading the JRE using wget

--2016-02-03 14:10:19--  http://download.code42.com/installs/proserver/jre/jre-7-linux-i586.tgz

Resolving download.code42.com (download.code42.com)... 216.17.8.19

Connecting to download.code42.com (download.code42.com)|216.17.8.19|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently

Location: https://download.code42.com/installs/proserver/jre/jre-7-linux-i586.tgz [following]

--2016-02-03 14:10:19--  https://download.code42.com/installs/proserver/jre/jre-7-linux-i586.tgz

Connecting to download.code42.com (download.code42.com)|216.17.8.19|:443... connected.

ERROR: cannot verify download.code42.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/O=thawte, Inc./CN=thawte SSL CA - G2':

Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.

To connect to download.code42.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.

Unable to download JRE; please check network connection

Trying to install on unRAID v5.0.6

Thanks for any help!

Next Question.

I'm at the point where I did the port forwarding in PuTTY and loaded the windows crashplan client. The guide says "if all is good", how do I know if all is good? It looks like nothing happened as I can only see the files/drives on the Windows machine and not as it it was running from the unraid box. I've tried reinstalling everything and in different order and get the same results.

Alternatively I've used some of the guide on the CrashPlan site, main guide HERE. In their install guide it says the CrashPlanDesktop should start right after downloading and I could log into my account from there, but it never started. I've tried starting it manually and nothing happens. Checking CrashPlanEngine status says it's running.

I've tried installing the crashplan_gui from the thread fcol linked to and I get this error,

installing plugin: crashplan_gui

file /tmp/cleanup: successfully wrote INLINE file contents

/bin/bash /tmp/cleanup ... rm: cannot remove `/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/crashp                  lan_gui': No such file or directory

success

file /boot/config/plugins/crashplan_gui/Crashplan-logo.png: downloading from ht                  tp://dl.dropbox.com/u/8699829/Crashplan-logo.png ... ERROR: cannot verify dl.dro                  pboxusercontent.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/ST=Arizona/L=Scottsdale/O=Go                  Daddy.com, Inc./OU=http://certs.godaddy.com/repository//CN=Go Daddy Secure Certi                  ficate Authority - G2':

Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.

To connect to dl.dropboxusercontent.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'                  .

bad download, deleting

So again, any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ryan

I think that GUI plugin is obsolete but you should still be able to use it.  Try manually copying the Crashplan-logo.png into /boot/config/plugins/crashplan_gui/ folder on your flash drive (if you can't find that exact icon file, then just use an appropriately-sized png image and name it Crashplan-logo.png).  And then modify the GUI .plg file to remove any references to downloading from Dropbox.  This should at least get you beyond the error you pasted.

To see if Crashplan is actually running, you can try the following command (I think I've had cases where the unRAID webGUI said it was running but actually was not):

ps aux | grep java

You can also try these commands

/usr/local/crashplan/bin/CrashPlanEngine start

/usr/local/crashplan/bin/CrashPlanEngine stop

[i'm not looking at my installation right now so this post is based on old notes that I had]

• 3 weeks later...

hello

how crashplan runs these days?

i read that every time that the crashplan app been updated, it stops working on unraid and further actions required.. how often is that?

for 1TB of data, storing bluray folders (not iso) what amount of ram/cpu is advised to run crashplan smoothly?

most of the time the unraid server will be closed, do they still delete the files if didn't synch for more than 3 days?

do we know any alternative cloud service like crashplan?

any luck about running backblaze on unraid? (of course without map network drive)

I've been running Crashplan for a few years now on UnRAID 5.0.x.  It's been very reliable with one exception where Crashplan made some significant under the hood changes after v4.3.  My installation stopped updating until I manually reinstalled (see https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=24875.msg421680#msg421680).  I could still back up my computers to that UnRAID installation.  But the UnRAID folders stopped backing up to the cloud.  But after reinstalling, it's working fine now.  From what I've read, the Docker installation of Crashplan on UnRAID v6.x is easier to maintain.

I would guess that I reboot my UnRAID server 3-4 times a year due to a Crashplan update.  Technically, I think I could telnet in and start/stop/start Crashplan.  But I don't mind rebooting since it happens so infrequently.  When Crashplan does stop working, my local Crashplan client tells me it can't connect to Tower.  I also opted in for emails (from Crashplan) that notify me if things haven't been backing up.

I'm using an HP ProLiant N40L (AMD Turion II Neo 1.5GHz), 8GB RAM, cache drive.  I backup ~1TB data and have no performance issues.  I thought I read that backing up several TBs of data can cause some Crashplan installations to struggle but it's possibly RAM related (perhaps some installations aren't 64-bit)?  But you'd need to do better research. 

most of the time the unraid server will be closed, do they still delete the files if didn't synch for more than 3 days?

I'm not sure I understand.  If you are backing up from Unraid to Crashplan Cloud, then Crashplan won't delete files just because it hasn't connected in a few days.  And if you deleted files and haven't connected, then Crashplan has no way to know this.  Keep in mind that you can fine-tune your version controls and archiving (see attached image).  There is a setting that says to never remove deleted files.  This is a nice feature in case you accidentally delete a file and don't realize it for many months.  Some services only keep backups of your deleted files for only 30 days. 

do we know any alternative cloud service like crashplan?

any luck about running backblaze on unraid? (of course without map network drive)

There might be some workarounds for using Backblaze to backup files on a NAS (see https://marco.org/2014/11/04/synology-backups).  But you'd need another laptop/desktop running Backblaze.  And you should carefully check their Terms of Service.  I personally really like Crashplan since I can use it to make local backups and also backup to the cloud. 

CPsettings.jpg.88f77aff158827eec8d9692374d9884c.jpg