FileBot containers

hi there,

thanks for that info, I am reading the docs now.

my setup only converted one file and then ignored anything that was added to the directory after that.

I checked the logfile and it seemed like it was frozen as the log nothing.

I am a bit of a noob and dont understand a few things, could you please clarify?

background:

while the torrent is downloading it is in a "new downloads" folder

once downloaded it is moved to "completed downloads" this is the source directory for filebot

(this is where the torrent engine seeds from as well)

then when filebot is finished it moves the file to a directory on the server called 'videos'

so:

is this setup correct?

(from what i can understand i think this will not work as the "completed downloads' folder never "settles" due to the seeding.)

will filebot delete the original file? (or just the "crap" it creates to "filebot" the file)

lastly, if the above setup is used will filebot ignore the files in the directory and only target the new downloads?

or

do i have to get a seperate input directory that only has the file to be 'filebot-ed' so it can be deleted.

thanks.

(from what i can understand i think this will not work as the "completed downloads' folder never "settles" due to the seeding.)

will filebot delete the original file? (or just the "crap" it creates to "filebot" the file)

lastly, if the above setup is used will filebot ignore the files in the directory and only target the new downloads?

or

do i have to get a seperate input directory that only has the file to be 'filebot-ed' so it can be deleted.

thanks.

By default, in filebot.sh in your config folder, it is configured with the COPY action ( --action copy parameter). I presume settling in filebot means there are no new files added or removed, so it should work.

Yeah, that's my setup too. You don't want the incomplete dir to be watched by filebot, since it apparently will try to process the file before it's done.

Looking at the monitor, I do have it treating "file close" as an event. That's different then "file close after write", so I presume that event would be a "close after read". I haven't watched it closely enough to see if filebot only processes the file after seeding is over, or at least after no seeding has happened for the stabilization time. You could try setting a shorter stabilization time, or setting your seeding ratio lower.

You can get FileBot to move instead of copy, but that can be a bit dangerous. Sometimes it mis-detects the files.

• 2 weeks later...

anytime i start my filebot docker, it runs and moves the files yet the log shows "Failure (°_°)" at the end.  It will not process anymore files until i manually restart the docker.  Any ideas?

Run script [fn:amc] at [Fri Mar 11 21:17:47 CST 2016]
Parameter: ut_dir = /input
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: deleteAfterExtract = y
Parameter: clean = y
Parameter: excludeList = /config/amc-exclude-list.txt
Parameter: movieFormat = Movies/{n.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""')} ({y})/{n.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""')} ({y})
Parameter: musicFormat = Music/{n.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""')}/{album.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""')}/{media.TrackPosition.pad(2)} - {t.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""')}
Parameter: seriesFormat = TV Shows/{n}/{episode.special ? 'Special' : 'Season '+s.pad(2)}/{n} - {episode.special ? 'S00E'+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""').replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replacePart(', Part ')}{'.'+lang}
Using excludes: /config/amc-exclude-list.txt (166)
Failure (°_°)

It will report failure if there are no files to move. Very confusing, I know. The UI doesn't show the cause of the failure. Please log into your server and run "docker logs FileBot" (use whatever your container name is). If it says "No files selected for processing", then that's to be expected.

BTW, I've filed a bug about the UI here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=47011.0

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I got Filebot installed and the user ids setup, but I can't get in. There is no WebUI in the docker dropdown and I can't access 3389. It says the site can't be reached. It does not appear to be renaming files either?

WTH did I miss?

Thanks

Not that I have anyclue about these apps, but did you install filebot UI?  (both it and filebot available in CA)

FWIW, neither app (filebot or filebot-ui) has a webUI entry in the template defined, the drop down from dynamix will never display a webUI item - probably just an oversight by coppit

OK, I got Filebot installed and the user ids setup, but I can't get in. There is no WebUI in the docker dropdown and I can't access 3389. It says the site can't be reached. It does not appear to be renaming files either?

WTH did I miss?

Thanks

Not that I have anyclue about these apps, but did you install filebot UI?  (both it and filebot available in CA)

FWIW, neither app (filebot or filebot-ui) has a webUI entry in the template defined, the drop down from dynamix will never display a webUI item - probably just an oversight by coppit

Yah, it was a PEBKAC issue on the Windows side.  :-[

I gather I have to load the Input/Output in the UI screen, even though they are specified in my container? The Input did not show up automatically, so I assume the same holds true of the Output.

I'll know in a few minutes/hours when it starts copying a Terabyte to the wrong place.  :D

I gather I have to load the Input/Output in the UI screen, even though they are specified in my container? The Input did not show up automatically, so I assume the same holds true of the Output.

I'll know in a few minutes/hours when it starts copying a Terabyte to the wrong place.  :D

This is under the format options BTW. Tiny little folder icon, after you right mouse to edit the format.

First I'm new to Unraid, less than a week, and new to unix commands.  Anyway, I have filebot running in docker and for some reason it returns a failure.  I have a share called movies  and i created an input folder and an output folder.  !in and !out.  I then removed the ! because I figured that might be a restricted character.  Either way it doesn't seem to process the files.  So, I took an unused disk, disk4.  Created a share called in and a share called out and only had the shares mounted on disk 4.  Seems to work that way but I don't want to do a lot of file copying from one share to another.

Also, in the configuration area I put all 4 of my disks into the settings for the input.  /input  with the path /mnt/disk1/movies/in/  then another /input with the path /mnt/disk2/movies/in/  etc....

Do I need the input spanning all of the drives that the files are situated in?

So, it appears it only works in shares, not folders.  Any suggestions I can try?

ok, I think I figured it out by not using (disks) and using /mnt/usr/pathname

• 2 months later...

Hi

I am coming over from windows, and I am trying to convert to dockers.

Currently, I have the following

/process/tv

/process/film

/process/music

/process/misc

/process/r5

/done/tv

/done/film

/done/music

/done/misc

/done/r5

I use task scheduler to run a typical task

-script fn:amc "D:\process\TV" --output "D:\done\TV" --log-file amc_TV.log --action move --conflict auto -non-strict --def clean=n --def deleteAfterExtract=y excludeList=amc-input_TV.txt pushover=xxxxxxxxxxxx "seriesFormat=E:\_TV Shows/{n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}"

All my current taks do different things, where I have experimented. It also pushes it to the final location, which is in normally a plex media folder. I cannot find any documentation, but how can I run 5 different scripts. Do I have to add them to FileBot.sh at the bottom? Or do I create different xxx.sh for each respective task?

KRs

Lee

• 1 month later...

I gather I have to load the Input/Output in the UI screen, even though they are specified in my container?

FYI, I added a link to the template. The web UI is at http://tower:3389/

To be honest I'm kinda shocked that anyone is using the UI version. I never figured out how to get it to save my settings, which was a deal breaker for me. I'm not going to re-enter my crazy formatting string every time I use the thing.

ok, I think I figured it out by not using (disks) and using /mnt/usr/pathname

I think you meant /mnt/user. You might consider using /mnt/user0 if you have a cache drive. That will bypass the cache drive, which might fill up if you're using it to process a lot of files.

BTW, I don't recommend blindly running FileBot on all your files. It can make mistakes that are a PITA to fix.

All my current taks do different things, where I have experimented. It also pushes it to the final location, which is in normally a plex media folder. I cannot find any documentation, but how can I run 5 different scripts. Do I have to add them to FileBot.sh at the bottom? Or do I create different xxx.sh for each respective task?

The container doesn't support monitoring lots of folders and running different scripts. I would recommend simply running multiple containers which different configurations. They're very lightweight. Just point each container to each subdir for the input and output.

That said, the default config handles different input types already, putting them into subdirs in the output dir. Did you try it? It only occasionally gets confused and renames a tv show to a movie or vice versa.

If you do want to rewrite filebot.sh, what you can do is have multiple commands run in each of the subdirs of the parent input dir. e.g. if the monitor sees a change in input/tv, it will run your filebot.sh, which will process input/tv, input/movies, and all the other subdirs. (Just specify the parent input dir as the one to be monitored.) If you go this route, be sure to leave VERSION as it is in your script. That way if I ever update the default script, it will give you an error so that you can see if the new changes need to be reflected in your script.

The container doesn't support monitoring lots of folders and running different scripts. I would recommend simply running multiple containers which different configurations. They're very lightweight. Just point each container to each subdir for the input and output.

That said, the default config handles different input types already, putting them into subdirs in the output dir. Did you try it? It only occasionally gets confused and renames a tv show to a movie or vice versa.

If you do want to rewrite filebot.sh, what you can do is have multiple commands run in each of the subdirs of the parent input dir. e.g. if the monitor sees a change in input/tv, it will run your filebot.sh, which will process input/tv, input/movies, and all the other subdirs. (Just specify the parent input dir as the one to be monitored.) If you go this route, be sure to leave VERSION as it is in your script. That way if I ever update the default script, it will give you an error so that you can see if the new changes need to be reflected in your script.

Thanks Coppit. I ended up running a windows VM just for the minute.

I am intrigued as to how to run multiple containers. How would I go about this? I am in the process of making my Dads unraid server, and will test it on his first.

PS, your name rings a bell from elsewhere on the internet!

I am intrigued as to how to run multiple containers. How would I go about this? I am in the process of making my Dads unraid server, and will test it on his first.

After you have one running, edit the container, change the name, host port, the host appdata path and add it again.

To be honest I'm kinda shocked that anyone is using the UI version. I never figured out how to get it to save my settings, which was a deal breaker for me. I'm not going to re-enter my crazy formatting string every time I use the thing.

It's probably a container issue. By default, on Linux, depending on your filebot.sh options, you might find them here:

~/.java/.userPrefs

You can change the default location by passing in certain Java system properties:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/1320798/1514467

Any change you could update the UI image to the latest 4.6.1?

I just updated it to 4.7.2. Check it out and see if it works well for you.

Thanks!  I'm still seeing the notice when I open that there is a new update for 4.7.2 though.  I'm not sure what version it is running though.

Also, I mapped /nobody/.java/.userPrefs/net/filebot to /mnt/cache/applications/filebot/config/ and it remembers my formats.

Quick question... I'm using coppit's filebot container.

In an attempt to unify my naming convention, I'm using winSCP from my W10 machine to move pieces of my TV library into the filebot /input/ dir, then the filebot.sh is set to --action move.

When moving within winSCP, it's very quick, as if it's just editing the index and not actually re-writing the data to the array. However, when filebot does the move, it takes FOREVER and you can watch in windows explorer the filesize increase by less than 50MB/s, as if it's actually re-writing data on the array.

Is there a way I'm missing where I can actually make this faster? I read you cannot do hardlinks on /mnt/user/ setups.

FYI, my /input is /mnt/user/NCmisc/txdownloads/complete/

/output is /mnt/user/media/

Thanks!

FYI, my /input is /mnt/user/NCmisc/txdownloads/complete/

/output is /mnt/user/media/

This is the key right there ^^^

Those are two different mount points (NCmisc, and media), so any OS (not just unRaid) has to do a read, write, delete process to move the file, and ~50MB/s writing to a user share is about right (depending upon useCache settings, etc)

(Note that I don't actually use FileBot, but from what your saying, the above is correct)

I read you cannot do hardlinks on /mnt/user/ setups.

You can on 6.2RC3+