FileBot containers

2 hours ago, SiNtEnEl said:

Go to your appdata from filebot and edit your filebot.conf. Set the RUN_UI to yes. If u want to change its behavour u can also change the filebot.sh script.

The part to enable the UI:

# Run the UI in addition to the normal non-interactive behavior. The UI uses about 460MB of RAM, as opposed to about
# 20MB of RAM. On my machine it uses .33% CPU instead of .03% CPU.
RUN_UI=yes

Thanks for that, I enabled the settings in the conf but still no connection to the WebUI or RDP.

Anything else to try?

Cheers

Edit: All good, needed to restart server for it to work. 

Edited by marshy919
  • 3 weeks later...

@coppit I'm a bit new to the dockers, but out of curiousity: I've customezed my filebot.sh a good bit with regards to file naming, and move behavior.

I have only one folder mount now, input within output, and in the docker I set the env variables INPUT_DIR and OUTPUT_DIR.

My question is, will filebot updates replace my scripts/configs sometimes? Will I have to reconfigure etc?

Also, is there a changelog for updates? I notice tons of my docker containers are always getting updates but I cant find update documentation anywhere. Even the  git doesn't have a commit since mid 2017.

Thanks!

Edited by anethema
14 minutes ago, anethema said:

@coppit I'm a bit new to the dockers, but out of curiousity: I've customezed my filebot.sh a good bit with regards to file naming, and move behavior.

I have only one folder mount now, input within output, and in the docker I set the env variables INPUT_DIR and OUTPUT_DIR.

My question is, will filebot updates replace my scripts/configs sometimes? Will I have to reconfigure etc?

Also, is there a changelog for updates? I notice tons of my docker containers are always getting updates but I cant find update documentation anywhere. Even the  git doesn't have a commit since mid 2017.

Thanks!

I don't use this particular docker, but in general, anything in appdata persists after an upgrade/reinstall. Anything within the container, possibly put there by docker exec to get to a command line within the docker, will not persist after an upgrade/reinstall.

I really am not understanding why this command will not work..

commandline:

docker run -d -v /volume1/Transfers/:/input:rw -v /volume1/Media/:/output:rw -v /volume1/docker/:/config:rw coppit/filebot

path:

/volume1/Media     Media Storage

/volume1/Transfers      Download storage

error output:

[Feb 14 03:37:54 PM] OUTPUT_DIR=/output can not be a subdirectory of INPUT_DIR=/input

I used to have a working filebot on this Synology NAS, but I cannot get this to boot up now. Please help.

Edited by DaemonSambe
2 minutes ago, DaemonSambe said:

I really am not understanding why this command will not work..

commandline:

docker run -d -v /volume1/Transfers/:/input:rw -v /volume1/Media/:/output:rw -v /volume1/docker/:/config:rw coppit/filebot

path:

/volume1/Media     Media Storage

/volume1/Transfers      Download storage

error output:

[Feb 14 03:37:54 PM] OUTPUT_DIR=/output can not be a subdirectory of INPUT_DIR=/input

I used to have a working filebot, but I cannot get this to boot up now. Please help.

Are you trying to install this on unRAID? Those are not unRAID paths, so I assume not, and we don't normally use the command line to install dockers on unRAID.

Hi, i just installed this, but for some reason am unable to access the UI via HostIP:8282 (remapped from 8080) or HostIP:3389, nor am I able to access it via RDP, at HostIP, HostIP:8282 or HostIP:3389. I also tried setting my network for the container to br0 and assigning a static IP (192.168.1.112), and attempted to connect via 192.168.1.112:8080 and 192.168.1.112:3389 (in the browser) and 192.168.1.112, 192.168.1.112:8282 and 192.168.1.112:3389 via RDP - none of these worked either. Finally, I tried setting my container network to host, but this too failed. Any ideas what is wrong? The FileBot container's logs look fine. 

hey guys

i need some help with enabling the ui mode.

earlier i was using filebotui but i had to delete it cause of some issues, so now i have realized that u have merged filebot and filebotui into one docker but i can't quite find how to enable the ui part, its currently working in auto mode and its working great but i need that ui.

sorry if its already mentioned somewhere and im just being an idiot who cant even find that.

22 hours ago, Max said:

hey guys

i need some help with enabling the ui mode.

earlier i was using filebotui but i had to delete it cause of some issues, so now i have realized that u have merged filebot and filebotui into one docker but i can't quite find how to enable the ui part, its currently working in auto mode and its working great but i need that ui.

sorry if its already mentioned somewhere and im just being an idiot who cant even find that.

@coppit or anyone, i could use help.

finally !! i got it working.

i wasn't able to make changes to filebot.conf file, i was getting some permission related errors, so i just delete created a new one, copy pasted text from old one to the new one and then i changed "RUN_UI=No" to "RUN_UI=Yes" and boom it started working!!!

Been using GUI filebot for a long time with no issues...but decided to try the docker version.

So I just installed the docker...thought I had the configs done and ran a test.  Nothing happened.

So decided to check the logs...and it looks like permissions issues

Locking /config/amc.log
Error during startup: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /nobody/.filebot/cache

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:107)
Caused by: net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /nobody/.filebot/cache
at net.filebot.CacheManager.<init>(CacheManager.java:36)
at net.filebot.CacheManager.<clinit>(CacheManager.java:22)
... 1 more
Caused by: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /nobody/.filebot/cache
at net.filebot.util.FileUtilities.createFolders(FileUtilities.java:183)
at net.filebot.CacheManager.acquireDiskStore(CacheManager.java:73)
at net.filebot.CacheManager.<init>(CacheManager.java:33)
... 2 more

/files/filebot.sh: line 56: /tmp/tmp.Lcc6U1bZRb: Permission denied
sort: write failed: standard output: Broken pipe

sort: write error

Went to look at the permission for /nobody/.filebot/cache?

drwxr-xr-x   1 nobody users     86 Feb 27 14:05 nobody

The changed directory to .filebot and the cache directory and everything thats supposed to go under it isn't being created.

For a test I manually created each of the folders and the .lock file.  Chmod 0777 all of it and it started running.

Stop filebot...start it again. cache and everything under it is removed and permissions on nobody/.filebot are reverted back.

Checking the /tmp folder permissions (which i've never touched since installing unraid)...it looks like its root/root.

Should I change the permission on that folder or point it to another directory like /config/tmp?

So there is definitely some permission issues...just what do i need to do to fix this mess? :D

Thanks

Urlryn

Edited by Urlryn

Well got it to finally work.  Probably not the way it should be working.  If not...would welcome some recommendations on how to fix.

First I had to change user_ID to 0 (root) and Group_ID to 0 (root) instead of using Nobody/Users.

Also when the new folders were being created...they were being set with no permissions at all.

So needed to update the script to include 

--def "exec=chmod -R 777 '{folder}'"

Some folks reported issues sometimes with the above command.  You may need to escape the quotes.

--def "exec=chmod -R 777 \"{folder}/\"

Some info I found in a post from rednoah

{folder} is the parent folder of {f}. If you want to go up one level then you can use {folder.dir} or {f.dir.dir} or {f[-3]}

Since I wasn't finding a whole lot regarding this problem...Thought I'd throw up a bit more information for other folks.

Urlryn

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this in the lounge and thought it might be of some interest here.  Filebot is starting a Patreon to further Linux support: https://www.patreon.com/filebot/posts

From their Patreon page:

FileBot currently only officially supports Windows 10 and macOS because these platforms make it easy to sell software via their respective app stores.

Unfortunately, selling software on Ubuntu, Synology NAS, etc is not as easy and not really worth the effort considering the small number of users willing to support the project.

This Patreon is an experiment to see how many users are willing to financially contribute towards freely available donation-supported new releases on these platforms.

Let's find out if we can find 1000 users that are interested in FileBot for Linux!

NOTE 1: This Patreon is "$1 per release" and not "$1 per month". I expect to collect pledges for new releases 3 or 4 times per year.

NOTE 2: The SNAP and SPK packages will be released in the public repository and will be available to everyone. However, DEB packages will be published in the Patron-only feed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just got this docker up and running but i can't for the life of me figure out how to rename folders in addition to files. Everything i've seen online mentions that you need to hold down Ctrl-Shift when dragging and dropping files onto the window although that won't work using the docker.  

I did found that if you right click the Load button it gives you the option of Selecting Folders or Files however even if i pick Folders only it's files show up....

Has anyone figured out way to do this?

Thanks

On 4/7/2018 at 11:59 PM, unRaide said:

Hi,

Just got this docker up and running but i can't for the life of me figure out how to rename folders in addition to files. Everything i've seen online mentions that you need to hold down Ctrl-Shift when dragging and dropping files onto the window although that won't work using the docker.  

I did found that if you right click the Load button it gives you the option of Selecting Folders or Files however even if i pick Folders only it's files show up....

Has anyone figured out way to do this?

Thanks

If you select the folder, only the files will show up but if Filebot renames every file in the folder it should place them in a new folder structure that you setup and remove the old folder.  If even one file stays in the old folder, the old folder will need to be manually removed.

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies if I missed my answer somwhere in this post.

I want to set this container up to run headless and run the AMC script. It can watch the input folder, run the amc script to the output folder.

I loaded this through the community apps plugin, and unfortunatly cannot get to the GUI, all though its really not needed if the way i want to run this is possible.

Anyone with some tips on how to get this setup like that would be greatly appreciated.

On 4/20/2018 at 8:06 PM, InfInIty said:

My apologies if I missed my answer somwhere in this post.

I want to set this container up to run headless and run the AMC script. It can watch the input folder, run the amc script to the output folder.

I loaded this through the community apps plugin, and unfortunatly cannot get to the GUI, all though its really not needed if the way i want to run this is possible.

Anyone with some tips on how to get this setup like that would be greatly appreciated.

Edit the files in your FileBot folder. 

filebot.conf

# Run the UI in addition to the normal non-interactive behavior. The UI uses about 460MB of RAM, as opposed to about
# 20MB of RAM. On my machine it uses .33% CPU instead of .03% CPU.
RUN_UI=no    <------- change this to yes if you want to use the GUI. I personally don't. I just drop my files in the watcher folder and forget about them. 

filebot.sh

To change the way your files are outputted when they are moved to your outgoing folder

Just in case you get confused to where these files are mine are in the following location.

/mnt/cache/system/appdata/FileBot/