Physical drives displaying as shares?

I'm running unRAID v5.0.5 and using an OSX Yosemite client.

When I open up Finder and connect to Tower, I see all my shares... but then I also see my physical drives, too - disk1, disk2, flash.  I believe at some point it wasn't doing this.  Only noticing it recently, which some what coincides with an upgrade to Yosemite.  Not sure if they're related.  Currently only using SMB as my protocol.  Ideas?

Neevermind.  http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Configuration_Tutorial#Export_Settings

Must have been toggled some how.

• 3 months later...

How do the drives map for V6?

In V5 I could see them in windows with a \\tower listing.  That showed my shares and the disks.

In V6 I don't see them at all?

I can click on the flash on the main page and set it's SMB settings..  But where/how do I set/enable/configure the SMB setting for the disk shares?

Under settings for global share setting I see disk shares set to auto.  Do I need to set this to yes?

Jim

Yeah.  that's what I had to do..  Now it has the permissions I set with V5.

There is the warning with help turned on that threw me.

If set to No, disk shares are unconditionally not exported.

If set to Yes, disk shares may be exported. WARNING: Do not copy data from a disk share to a user share unless you know what you are doing. This may result in the loss of data and is not supported.

If set to Auto, only disk shares not participating in User Shares may be exported.

But that what was necessary to see them again.

Yeah.  that's what I had to do..  Now it has the permissions I set with V5.

There is the warning with help turned on that threw me.

If set to No, disk shares are unconditionally not exported.

If set to Yes, disk shares may be exported. WARNING: Do not copy data from a disk share to a user share unless you know what you are doing. This may result in the loss of data and is not supported.

If set to Auto, only disk shares not participating in User Shares may be exported.

But that what was necessary to see them again.

You should take that warning very seriously - User Share Copy Bug