Donate?

opentoe

Is there a good place to make a donation to this community? Having already paid for a couple PRO licenses I see my part towards Lime-Technology taken care of (for now), but what about all those docker repositories and work lots of users here put into the system? I'm currently only using Crashplan, but when I eventually get around to building a new box I'll be slapping a few VM's on it, using more dockers and consolidating my security camera system that records constant video around my home (currently live alone) so security is priority. I just feel gracious towards the community and wouldn't mind helping helping out financially. So many places I look I can donate, but not made of money so would want to put it in the right place. :)

Any suggestions?

Thanks-

Mike

Is there a good place to make a donation to this community? Having already paid for a couple PRO licenses I see my part towards Lime-Technology taken care of (for now), but what about all those docker repositories and work lots of users here put into the system? I'm currently only using Crashplan, but when I eventually get around to building a new box I'll be slapping a few VM's on it, using more dockers and consolidating my security camera system that records constant video around my home (currently live alone) so security is priority. I just feel gracious towards the community and wouldn't mind helping helping out financially. So many places I look I can donate, but not made of money so would want to put it in the right place. :)

Any suggestions?

Thanks-

Mike

I would think that for most people around here that contribute heavily, the above thank-you would be more than sufficient.  I seem to recall that there was a thread where a user offered to pay for some docker containers to be created, and the community jumped to it without any compensation.  That's what make's this community forum different than all others that I've been involved with - It's a community.  We all look out for each other. 

Myself, to try and repay this community I try to use my server for "the greater good" to pay back everyone in a small way.  Namely, I run folding@home in a docker 24-7.  Who knows who it might help one day. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, this is a pretty altruistic community and I know of a certain forum member whom I have asked multiple times to set up a donation page, both in public and PM, this forum member always gently steers the topic of conversation off to something else.  I suspect he will never have a donations page but if he does, then I'd be the first to jump at the opportunity.

I think the above is pretty indicative of this community as a whole although I wholeheartedly support those who have a donation page and would encourage others to set one up if they so desire.