[Docker Request] Plex Email

Hi.

Can someone of the Docker gurus can help in creating a docker for Plex Email ?

Couldn't get PlexReport to work, and PlexEmail seems easier to setup.

If one can even include a web server in the build, and the ability to send a custom message to the recipients (which PlexEmail supports) it would be great.

Thanks in advance

Shlomi

Hi.

Can someone of the Docker gurus can help in creating a docker for Plex Email ?

Couldn't get PlexReport to work, and PlexEmail seems easier to setup.

If one can even include a web server in the build, and the ability to send a custom message to the recipients (which PlexEmail supports) it would be great.

Thanks in advance

Shlomi

+1, was just going to ask about this. I know smdion worked on PlexReport for me, but its dead in the water (in terms of working) and this seems a little more robust but also easier to setup.

Looks do-able, might be a good one to try for a first container project.

I would say easier and better overall then PlexReport... I need to learn the docker app world and start making some, ugh so much to do, so little time...

I was starting to think today that maybe it makes more sense to make a docker "wrapper" for a bunch of python based plugins, for example PlexEmail and PlexCleaner come to mind. But the reality of this is that without a UI it almost seems like making a plugin with a UI for settings makes more sense than a docker. Eitherway I am totally game to test out anything you make :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello. I set this up recently https://github.com/blackbarn/docker-plexemail  and may work for you. I don't have a unRAID server, but i've successfully run this on a ubuntu docker host.

Docker Hub is having some issues with pushes so the image isn't on the hub yet. But you can build locally.

There is probably many ways to skin the plex email docker cat, mine is just one :)

Hope it helps someone.

You could add it through Community Applications (turn on dockerHub searches and search for "blackbarn")

From reading the docs, you'll have to add another folder mapping of /plex mapped to "your plex folder (not sure if this is the appdata folder for plex or not)

But, it looks like there's also some manual changes needed to be made to a config file for this container, so you might want to wait for one of the author's around here to create a template...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...